Cassette General

Cassette General

posting

What exactly is the best way to get into cassettes. What are some good starting points?

find them accidentally on the ground

Cassettes are shit, they wear out ez

What's on those ones that are just like Fifty-Two, Fifty-Three, etc.? Also be honest how often do you actually listen to any of this garbage?

Just go to thrift stores, record stores, charity shops, that sort of thing. Chances are they have a ton of tapes. Most of them will be crap, but they'll all be cheap and sometimes you can score rare/interesting stuff. Just get a cheap boombox to play them, at least as a start.

Go away.

my tape collection consists mostly of "fun" music.

Been getting a lot of cassettes from Dream Catalogue and Plus 100 because a e s t h e t i c
I took a picture of the new 2814 tape I got earlier today because I thought it looked p cool. Prurient's Unknown Rains tape package and a couple Folklore Tapes albums were right next to it out of the frame

>when the desire to have an analog recording drifts into retardation

bad soundquality (to its competitors)
can decay even without use
fragile medium when in use
Today not even more expensive than 20 years ago

Casettes are only for people who collect subpar Black Metal demos and children who actually never used one before thinkingt it's hipster shit.

Sorry for shit quality image, but here's most of my collection. Have another stack with a bunch of 80's pop as well

>Unknown Rains
Post pics

>black metal demos
Fuck yeah. Also, people who make experimental music, like noise and musique concrete.

>domino theory
>No mysterious traveller
Why?

ever heard of lo-fi you fucking profligate

literally why

better than DAT tapes tho desu

>He can't get into the noise cassette aesthetic
Shame honestly

I started a label a couple years ago called Human Sounds Records. Here's a pic of the latest tape we are also releasing a new album from Travis Bretzer later this month so that will be cool

Humansoundsrecords.bandcamp.com

Nice collection, need that jons tape

That salem tape isn't real is it?

...or acid techno

Id love to post in this thread but ORMOLYCKA wont send the tapes I bought. over a year ago.

I live in Victoria where Jons is from. Great band. Glad I got ahold of there tape.

one of my prized tapes. collection pic next

>Exmilitary bootleg will NEVER EVER arrive in the mail

I'm still salty because there are like 5 more tapes I want from there

just moved to uni so here's my small pool of tapes i listen to the most frequently

and this bad bitch. yamaha mt50

people are having fun and i cant handle it :^(

in a music world where we have solved the fidelity problem, it's refreshing and creatively inspiring to work within the limitations of tape and even allow the recording medium to add character of its own

and 9 times out of 10, tape sounds bad because you are playing it on shit equipment, or recorded like a dumbass

What are some good portable tape players? Don't have room for a boombox, just want something small that I could plug my headphones into.

Original builds of the first Sony Playstation actually had some amazingly quality hardware. Look into those.

Do you mean walkman?