youtube.com/watch?v=_LIC9vZsD5A
youtube.com/watch?v=VeOlPQqJR-o
youtube.com/watch?v=TvGPAVTYfXI
youtube.com/watch?v=w8hanpJeI2w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

REEEEEEEEEEEE

Love Baphomet.

I mostly just love the cover art desu senpai but it has a few good songs, yeah

fact: Dimmu Borgir is superior to 99.9% of war metal.

Wow was this average as fuck. This sounds like literally every mid 00s post-metal album

The only reason I listened to this is because So Hideous is opening for them when I will see them live. This is extremely by the numbers shit

they are just an Emperor clone t b h

What were you expecting? At least listen to Russian Circles for modern post metal

Well war metal is awful so yeah.

Coming from someone who likes So Hideous this post makes no sense, since they sound like a dozen of atmo post-black bands

What's the most innovative black meal album in the last year?

probably fried chicken and watermelon

They were alright live. I saw them play and thought they were hot shit so I bought the album and played it and just shrugged, average af

underrated masterpiece
>experimental black metal

youtube.com/watch?v=LuDZ8Iuqw1E

I enjoy post-black shit more than post-metal, which makes me a little biased towards So Hideous. So Hideous is a lot more engaging than this

I guess it may sound stupid, but I prefer a generic post-black band over a generic post-metal band

and by the way I hate those terms to fucking death

Dirge and Amenra are way better than this

post metal is boring as paint. but this was like white paint.

if you're gonna listen to anything at least go for Russian Circles.

it sounds more like early grindcore with some random non-metal tracks shoved at the end

>Russian Circles mind

>it sounds more like early grindcore

Post an early grindcore song that sounds like that.

Post albums that are stuck in hell, never to be seen again

>no Necrophagist/Tool

Will In Flames ever release anything again? It's been 16 years since Clayman, but their Encyclopedia Metallum page stills lists them as active. I just don't understand what they're doing with all this time senpai.

Too bad their new album was boring as fuck
And I liked all their previous albums

Who /hype/ as fuck here?

They pretty much ran their course with their sound couple albums back desu.

>tfw new Blindead album is finally happening

The first song was pretty good

>Progressive Doom/Sludge Metal

m8 that sounds boring desu

Ok thrash kid

>inb4 someone posts that eurovision video

OP here, yeah, I wholeheartedly agree about Russian Circles. They are actually my favorite post-metal band. Shame about the newest album though. I really don't care for much in this type of scene. The Galilean Satellites, Australasia, Year of No Light's first album and Callisto's Noir are pretty neat though.

Will Darkthrone ever release anything again? It's been 21 years since Panzerfaust, but their Metallum page still lists them as active.

Is Emmure patrician?

Why do you fucks hate on Pallbearer again?

are you serious?

Paul Masvidal is one of the most underrated guitarist IMO. Gay motherfucker can play.

The more I listened to this the more I like this album
I found the female vocals annoying at first, but now I think they make this album unique and it wouldn't be as strong without them

COL are definitely my favourite band in the genre and Salvation is one of my all time favourite albums

The solos on this record are inhuman. Some of the best I've heard, without exaggeration.

What are some metal bands that have made consistently good albums but no amazing ones?

Graveland

Kill The Client

Why exactly is Graveland sketchy again? They are just pagan black

The only album in this thread worth listening to.

Not sure what's up with this strange obsession with generic death/black, and post-prog hipster bands.

Tru.

Met the guys in Horrendous at their Minneapolis show. Their set was amazing and they are nice as hell

Try wearing a Graveland shirt to see Napalm Death and see what happen

Did you catch vampire tranny boy band Tribulation?

I did, but I only went for Horrendous. Tribulation put on a great show, but they only played one song off of the Horror. Horrendous should have played for much longer.

I've tried to get into this record multiple times, but the effect they use on the vocals triggers the fuck out of me.

I go back and forth on it. Sometimes I love it, sometimes it sounds like absolute shit to me.
It's aggressively weird; must have taken some serious guts to make it in '93.

Best track is "I'm But a Wave to...", so maybe let that one click for you then dig into the rest of the record.

Gobel's leads are better desu

I had a very similar experience with Mariner. At first it was like, "Alright, I get it." But after a bit, I realized the same thing Christmas's parts that you did.

seeing as cuckoldry is the thinking man's fetish

Agreed. I'm talking more about the rhythms, which I BELIEVE Paul wrote most of. All the musicians are amazing on this album. Both Seans kick ass.

Cynic had pretty spread-out credits on the first album. Darren McFarland wrote the best riffs.

That's a bretty good album

carcass is lame tbqh

Redpill me on NSBM /meal/, is it controlled opposition or legit movement?

i guess i'm pretty lame since i love Carcass

neither because it's not a movement

NSBM is mostly shit and only has a few worthwhile bands. Don't waste your time on a genre just because you agree with the politics.

So what's the best Ceremonial Castings album?

After seeing this posted so many times, this is not at all what I expected this to sound like. Pretty cool.

JUUUST

Posted this two threads ago, but didn't provide a YT link because I'm a retard.

Again, recommended for those who like Coroner and/or Vektor.

youtube.com/watch?v=WlitksyuOd8

(btw "Extravasation" is that thing that foreigners do when they translate a word to another language and make it weirdly complicated and literal - a more accurate translation is "Hemorrhage," but "Extravasation" sounds bretty neat desu)

wow I bet you think is aspid is not a well known band in /metal/

what a coincidence, i listened to it recently
i know it's a tech thrash cult classic, specially around Russia, but i didn't find any of the riffs to be catchy or all that fun to me

it's somewhat saved by those traditional slav vocals that also appear in bands like !T.O.O.H.! for me, but there's not much for me to like in the riff department

Anyone know any slam bands with good production besides Abominable Putridity, Katalepsy, and Vulvodynia?

i've never heard of them, but then again i only really started digging deeper into metal beyond the ubiquitous bands about a year or two ago

>I've heard of it
>so has everyone else

You win, my man.

post god-tier grind albums

it's a really well known cult classic in thrash metal circles, lad

YOU FUCKING KNOW IT SENPAI

i know this is a "screamo" record, but i know they used to play with bands like kylesa and i think they have large crossover appeal with metal, anyone here like this record?

youtube.com/watch?v=MiAJcxlB5bE

BEAUTY IN DEATH
BEAUTY IN GRIND

for sure, lad, that album fucking rips
it's some of the few albums that i liked as a teenager that i still like

shit sounds like heavy evanescence with some screaming

godly album, their more recent one is closer to post-metal imo

I feel like a lot of 'real screamo' has many stylistic similarities to grind and black metal

Hearts? Just listened to it, having never heard the band before.
Overall I liked it, but goddamn, half of it was intro. A good intro, but still.

youtube.com/watch?v=jJQMrLnP278
like this for instance, this sounds like fucking grind to me.

What's the next subgenre of metal to get into after MDM?

MDM is my absolute favorite right now but I want to add some spices to the broth.

Nigga it's a great album. They went on tour a few years ago and I officially retired from shows after that cause you know I'm getting old and I wouldn't be able to top that anyway

well, screamo has a relationship with grindcore because they both come from hardcore punk

not sure where you're getting the BM vibes from though

there's a lot of talent and all but im not digging the songwriting. Sounds like a poor man's Gospel

mostly an atmosphere thing, might just be because of bands like deafheaven being referred to as having similarities to black metal when i think of deafheaven as more of a screamo band.

>Question
Why are Dragonforce's lyrics all "Whooaah oh whooOOOOaaaaOOOOH?"

i don't see why your mind would jump to Deafheaven when you think of BM though

Absolutely
youtu.be/91fEloGZBco
Also Celeste is heavily sludge and BM influenced

try some death metal that's more on the melodic side (but not actual MDM)
youtube.com/watch?v=PXeH09vJc4M
youtube.com/watch?v=fb-2p3iP0yk
or some black metal that's not too abrasive
youtube.com/watch?v=_LIC9vZsD5A
youtube.com/watch?v=VeOlPQqJR-o
youtube.com/watch?v=TvGPAVTYfXI

Someone make a JUST edit of anders

youtube.com/watch?v=w8hanpJeI2w

dude you got anything similar to that Gospel album? totally blew me away (esp the drumming), don't know much about screamo tho and the stuff I tried on youtube didn't do as much for me (although I liked it)

Gojira - Magma

terminal shitpost

cute

Different dude but maybe Indian Summer or Portraits of Past. I dunno though kinda hard to think of, Off Minor?

terminal cancer