en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_of_Sound
www83.zippyshare.com/v/J6lJU6tE/file.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ofByti7A4uM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

all you hear in that album was created by one person

muh feels

the intro guitar rift of wouldnt it be nice

it is a nice feel-good album though

Pet Sounds is the 11th studio album by the American rock band the Beach Boys, released on May 16, 1966. It initially met with a lukewarm critical and commercial response in the United States, peaking at number 10 in the Billboard 200, a significantly lower placement than the band's preceding albums. In the United Kingdom, the album was hailed by its music press and was an immediate commercial success, peaking at number 2 in the UK Top 40 Albums Chart and remaining among the top ten positions for six months. Pet Sounds has subsequently garnered worldwide acclaim from critics and musicians alike, and is widely considered to be one of the most influential albums in music history.

What was going through his head at this exact moment?

weed probably

>Following their trip to San Diego Zoo to shoot the album’s famous cover, the Zoo superintendent John Muth insisted that The Beach Boys were banned from revisiting due to their alleged mishandling of the animals. The band's vocalist Bruce Johnston denied this and said that, "the goats were horrible!" and that the band "were the ones who suffered".

>Goat can refer to this animal, or it can refer to me, the greatest of all time.

the theremin solo on i just wasn't made for these times

>not the soda cans on the title track

What can I say about this album that hasn't already been said? It's the closest Brian Wilson and the Beach Boys ever came to making a perfect album. It's been critically praised over the years, perhaps excessively so, but that's because it's really friggin' good, plain and simple. It works on every level: melodically; lyrically; vocally; instrumentally; and production wise. To me the only flaw is the muddy, monophonic mix, but the album still works despite this as the quality of the underlying music is just so high. I can understand people not liking this album though. If I weren't a Beach Boys fan I probably wouldn't either, but if you can open your mind and heart to this wonderful album then you'll quickly realize that Brian is speaking directly from his heart to yours (through the intermediary of Tony Asher). It makes for an incredibly poignant and fulfilling musical experience. I think everyone should give this album a try, it's required listening for an understanding of late twentieth century pop music.

>To me the only flaw is the muddy, monophonic mix

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_of_Sound

If it's released today no one will give a shit about it. Decent psych pop nothing more really

>If it's released today no one will give a shit about it.
okay but that's not fair

Yeah it's arguably influential as fuck, but would you waste your time listening to it regularly?

>If it's released today no one will give a shit about it

i hope you understand just how little this says, especially given its enormous musical influence that you clearly aren't aware of enough because you don't know what you're talking about

I would, it's got some slappers

God Only Knows is hot

>arguably

good god you really are clueless

Anybody got a link for a mono version that doesnt sound like complete ass?

I never hear anyone talk about how fucking tense this album is. It sounds like a nervous breakdown wrapped in sunshiny psych pop.

Am I just taking crazy pills? Because I can't listen to this album without getting stressed out

>pissing off some delusional dads before going to sleep
My drug desu

pet sounds is melancholy af, not feel-good at all

www83.zippyshare.com/v/J6lJU6tE/file.html

this is the absolute best you can get; i've heard many pressings, masters and mixes, and this is the best i've heard by far.

melancholy is a good feel

>delusional

that word doesn't mean what you think it means

regardless, enjoy your willful ignorance, 15-year-old.

Stay mad, dad

>
ok, what about "depressing"

I don't think pet sounds is depressing

It does and you're just proving her right with your delusional fuckwadery.

>ur just 15 lmao!

Says the faggot listening to Beach Boys in 1016. Grow up child.

it's melancholic but can also be very comforting

That's the beauty of it. The chord progressions on a lot of the songs, especially Don't Talk and I Just Wasn't Made For These Times, are extremely unnerving and traditionally unsatisfying. They just don't feel good to listen to. If you play the chords by themselves on a piano without any other instruments or vocals, they sound like a complete unorganized mess. Then you put the melody on top of it, and it just works. The songs with those uneasy chord progressions are still uncertain and meandering under the surface, but the confident, soaring melodies and harmonies mask them. Factor in the lyrics and you have a wonderfully multifaceted musical experience. It's never purely happy, or purely sad. It's always a mixed bag of emotions, and different songs evoke different emotions depending on something as significant as a recent life changing event or something as mundane as how your day has gone so far.

Fuck, I love this album.

dude girls make me sad lmao

this

is lowkey the best album of all time

>1016
i mean i knew Brian Wilson was way ahead of his time but i didn't realize to what extent. damn

good contribution you ape

that's a guitar?

what is delusional about recognizing pet sounds' musical influence

i would argue that grounding yourself in unwarranted outburst is very, very delusional, and i suggest growing some self-awareness.

>I Just Wasn't Made For These Times

>releases an album ahead of its time

woah...

IT'S NOT INFLUENTIAL AT YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!

everything

I was influenced by it. Checkmate senpai

here u go user take one and calm down

An electric 12-string guitar, and an electric 12-string/mandolin hybrid playing in unison.

youtube.com/watch?v=ofByti7A4uM

Enjoy.

YOU BELONG ON Sup Forums FOR LIKING THIS FUCKING TRIPE YOU MO

damn dude
why don't you relax

>If it's released today no one will give a shit about it.

People who say shit like this need to understand that statements like these literally don't fucking matter at all. It's completely irrelevant.

two twelve string played at the same time, and kinda out of tune with each other if you hear the isolated track from the studio sessions

He had the wrecking crew play all the instruments. Still doesn't change that fact that this record is musical marvel.

What is the peel of this album?

to see

Out of tune to replicate heart strings being pulled

Damn..really engages your cognitive impulses

It's a rare instance of "The first track is good so why not just circlejerk the entire album"

goddamn it

God Only Knows isn't the first track.

found the guy who's only listened to the first track