Do you support your local punk/DIY scene?

Do you support your local punk/DIY scene?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/sebastianmeepz/
youtube.com/watch?v=05HSf67QYoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=rgcr_AzA3No
youtube.com/watch?v=jNr0SUjJy-U
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0tE_WRXqH0
youtube.com/watch?v=O9lXBKbEMwM
youtube.com/watch?v=KeA30jcKHfs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes, I love this guy he almost brought me to tears one night. He plays guitar outside the club area of my town. I like to throw him a few bucks and eat a sandwich and watch him play.

instagram.com/sebastianmeepz/
youtube.com/watch?v=05HSf67QYoQ

No they can kill themselves leftist scum

He improvises stuff that's very emotional as people walk by, and it has almost brought me to tears. There's probably something good on his Instagram that's his main squeeze. There's a folk punk band like johnny hobo that plays at open mics but they don't have an online presence. Talking about an album though.

They introduce young people to drugs I'd hang them until they were dead

These people are great too. Play outside of this open mic place one night, they're working on an album. I really like the sound of the keyboard-trumpet they had.

There's other stuff around here but those are my favorites.

Only if theres hot girls, i dont gonna play for only ten guys that want to suck my balls.

They don't pay their vet bills their hands should be cut off in public as a warning

I can't post their facebook because Sup Forums is saying it's spam

youtube.com/watch?v=rgcr_AzA3No

The keyboard is also there on their Facebook videos uncomfortableFL. I can't link it here because Sup Forums says it's spam.

youtube.com/watch?v=jNr0SUjJy-U

this is the kind of shit that goes on in my local scene

For some reason in my town there is nobody regulating the panhandlers or people playing music for money. It's part of the charm I think. It's not a good time till you and a homeless man put your arms around one another and sing dance to freestyle rap.

Jesus Christ

I used togo to shows, meet and help people a lot, mainly around friends.
I'm trying to push a no wave project this fall, if everything gets rolling, I'll be glad to move shit around for no dime, and get beers for people all over again.
bought some handwritten vebratim cds

youtube.com/watch?v=Q0tE_WRXqH0

heres a more recent video.

You're going to catch ringworm and Lyme disease. Thirteen years no parole on deathrow and all their possessions burnt.

There's a life out there too live for me. What the fuck.

i have no idea what you just said

Get some friends together and murder them in their sleep

"Bro we can't do our set! We left the glass tubes at home!"

"Fuck dude, I told you 20 times to put in the trunk before you left!"

I'm from San Diego, and I used to support the local punk, hardcore, and indie scene until they all ran out of original material and stopped being about music and more about fucking safe spaces and cheap beer. San Diego has trashed it's art and music scene.

Same.

I like to go to hardcore gigs in my city because I can just cut loose and mosh, but the punk scene has been invaded by SJW's and Tumblrinas, it's all about virtue signalling and trying to act oppressed now.

No, I don't do things around here in fear of running in to people from high school that still fuck with me. I need to get out of this shithole.

The people around me only play indie pop. I support them hard

nope. they all write either the same generic power chord unmemorable numbers, the sappy weak pop songs, or the whiny emo shit. none of them have talent, I bet like most cities.

The difference between todays punks and those of old, is the old ones had a good EAR and a knack for writing a song.

Also all the people to who show up to the shows are hipster faggots. they smell and leave a mess of beer cans everywhere. respect the environment god damn you.

punk rockers are such try hard fags lol... I dig the music though, I've been to a couple basement shows (mostly just a house party) in shittier parts of the city I live in. There's just people like pic related strewn all over the yard and the street and everywhere in the house, some melvins type band playing. It was cool, too bad they are all such faggots. I was with some friends though who enjoy the music but don't try so hard to have broadcast someone elses image so their friends will think they are cool

wat

the only punk that matters. doesnt try to push his opinions on anyone else, doesnt have an agenda. knows good music unlike 99% of punks who are followers/posers. dude lived the shitty punk lifestyle by choice. didnt dress these like hipster faggots who dress like trash but live with mommy and daddy in the nice part of town.

punk has always been left wing

black flag was a political band, they named themselves black flag because it symbolized anarchy.

No, because punk is a dead genre/movement and people who still make it need to grow the fuck up and realize hoy cringey they are

I support my local metal scene.

I hate crusty, lefty, gutter squatters.

You weren't alive long enough to see edgy non gender/race/sex associated punk

holy shit I've been looking for this for so long

yeah, but let-wingers used to be a lot different from now

just because the sex pistols weren't a political band and were a shock value band doesn't mean that punk hasn't been political since the start. The Clash was an extremely left wing band and are arguably more influential on punk compared to shock value bands like the sex pistols.

I live in LA, Long Beach to be exact and punks are belligerent hood fucks or people like me, nerds.

I'm so glad this SJW bullshit is not being tolerated in my area

You weren't alive long enough to see Sup Forums as a primarily leftist website during the Bush presidency. As mainstream culture shifted left, alternative culture shifted right, if trump becomes president I can guarantee left wing sentiments will outnumber the right wing ones on here.

I wish. My city has a good diy scene but I don't know anybody in it and I live on the other side of town from where anything happens. I've only been to one house show and it was awkward as shit cause I was by myself

Jesus christ this is a Youtube tier comment. If you think Black Flag is the only punk that matters, then you're an ass. And punk has always been radically politically left if that really bothers you then listen to something else.

I was more talking about Dead Kennedys, they said nigger in a song to prove a point, that shit wouldn't fly in the punk scene anymore

this hard. i love to go to diy shows every weekend, but i genuinely feel uncomfortable around so many people who would kill me for spouting my cis-white-mail opinions on anything. hard to make friends when there veil of basic respect is lifted once anyone steps out of line in the ideology department

Left wing =/= SJWs

I mean, yeah, but that was before the left was fucked over by political correctness and oversensitive people

youtube.com/watch?v=O9lXBKbEMwM

This is why we have a Police

The Sex Pistols were hugely political and were in no way a shock value band. You are literally autistic.

Fuck The Clash.

chi has a big scene. hardcore punk and the more rock side of things youtube.com/watch?v=KeA30jcKHfs

No, my local music scene is cringe, there is no talent in my country, also punk is ruined by SJWs

Punk is thriving here in Toronto

Clean the streets of men wearing shorts

Yup, been heavily involved for over 5 years now. Used to run a showhouse, now I just gig and promote.

Definitely seen the whole safe space SJW bit take hold, and it's alright to certain extents. Respecting strangers is alright. It's just not cool when it keeps folks from dancing and moshing. I guess the forced inclusivity has diversified the scene. It's not so much restricted to punk/hardcore these days among DIY which is good. Shame there's a lot of rubbish that gets gigs based on their identity and not the music.

I'm just glad most the folks are chill and there's some good musicians/bands/friends in my town

I live in Seattle. I'm still new here, but am digging the scene. It's hard for a young 20 something to not know someone in a band. Seems like the main thing is all girl punk bands. I dig it and I go to the shows. I still got at least 2 years in me before I'm too old.

That was kind of mesmerizing. Also
>that one cute girl in the audience that the singers goes up to and screams at

There's a difference between someone who's left wing and someone who's a batshit insane social justice warrior telling you to check your privilege every 5 seconds.

California is where so-cal punk and powerviolence got their start, so I'm not surprised SJW bullshit doesn't fly there.

It's fun to go listen to bands, jump in the pit and have a good time. It's not fun to go to a gig, get stares from uppity scenesters for existing and have some skinny vegan fuck lecture you about white oppression.

No, and I hope all """"""punks"""""" grow up.

t. Portlander

Don't look at me

>Respecting strangers is alright. It's just not cool when it keeps folks from dancing and moshing.

This so hard. I got dicked on by probably my favorite band of all time because I moshed during their show at a safe space. Guitarist told everyone to quit and we did till the last song. I tweeted that they shouldn't play at a safe space and he called me a piece of shit.

yes

haha my lord this is fucked. most bad ass shit i've seen is homie's swinging chains in the pit.

Yes. Yard of Retard, Adelaide, South Aust.

As an oldfag, this is correct.

I get lectured all the time by people that weren't even here pre-2008.

I play in a band so I have to be involved/support the scene but all this sjw shit really pisses me off. I agree with a lot of the ideologies but I feel like the current social climate in the scene is very anti-intellectual and does nothing to promote actual discussion. I mean literally everything is "problematic" to these people and it seems like every other show Thiers some kind of drama because someone is getting "called out" for something. Not to mention I feel like the "white savior complex" a lot of these middle class college kids have is just as racist as being actually racist.

Fuck, I could bitch about this shit for a while. Ice talked to enough people in my scene and behind closed doors a lot of them say they really don't care, but they all have to put on the façade when they go to shows for fear of being ostracized by the extremists that "run" the scene. Honestly I feel a backlash coming and I can't fucking wait.

I used to support the local punk scene, but I kinda got sick of bands who thrive in dismissing musical improvement and are contemptuous of musicians who actually try

i agree completely, thank you. i can see a backlash coming but in what form do you think? will it soon be cool to criticize people like the BS or will the backlash just be when people realize it's BS and collectively ignore the people still riding that wave?

is this a joke

>These people
the front bottoms a shit

no because theyre all a bunch of super liberal faggots

Fuck no.

The local punk (as well as noise/experimental) scene is full of nothing but Tumblrinas. I'm a musician here and I'm pretty sure a lot of people hate me because I refuse to play political shows (for bullshit issues like LGBT bathroom rights)

not really because it looks like OP pic

>i tweeted
>safe space
>punk rock
wut????

>listening to joyce manor in 2016

ew

came here to post this. st paul and minneapolis are arguably two of the worst cities for diy/"punk"

ha nice

so left wing they want to fuck everything up because FUCK SYSTEMS WE WUZ THE PROLETARIAT N SHIT

At some point you just have to grow out of that shit

No it fucking sucks and is not punk yet they claim to be

Two things: Folk punk is the overall worst thing to happen to punk rock in the last 20 years.

To everyone complaining about SJW shit, ever read an issue or MRR, parts of the punk scene has always been that way you dummies.

who says they claim to be punk

I blame Profane Existance for this. On the other hand we do have Extreme Noise.

right, parts of it. but the issue now with punk is that it was branching out to a be a lot of different things towards the early 10's but now its pretty much dominated by political shit no matter where you look with it. which sucks because thats not all of punk, just certain kinds. idk i cant wait for 2016 to be over so we dont have to deal with all this election year bs. its just not the reason that everyone who likes punk music likes punk music

>tfw live in new York and Baltimore

Boy I'm spoiled for choice in terms of local scenes. Especially punk

Eh not necessarily always political, but there certainly is a lot more I agree

Point taken. That's why I'm at home with my Angry Samoans records and not inhaling BO in some loud fire hazard. Giving up feels good.

yeah overstepped on always, but yeah i mean you see my point. i miss when punk shows were just the place where it was more of the weirdos and outcasts who could meet up and not feel weird about it instead of walking on eggshells or dealing with dirty looks cuz youre not in a leather jacket. itll turn eventually tho, its just trends and nothing stays the same forever

They were put together by a fashion designer to advertise his clothing shop after he went to NY and decided to rip off Richard Hell's style. There was no clear political ideas behind the Sex Pistols.

Eh to be honest, I wouldn't say it's walking in eggshells for not wearing a leather jacket, moreso for not completely agreeing with sjw views.

At least that's how it is in a lot of places in Baltimore and NYC

Adding on that Tbh there's probably more places where you don't need to worry about it in NYC than Baltimore.

when does that happen in the video

oh nevermind, yeah i think her band played this show too.

i go to shows all the time and i very rarely see anyone in leather jackets lol

I tent to agree.

The general opinion of Sup Forums is what ever the opposite of the general populace's is.

If the site was around in the 50's during McCarthyism, then it would be solidly leftist.

If Hillary wins, the site will remain more or less the same. If Trump wins, it will probably be leftist to a degree.

I see that alot in the Political compass threads on Sup Forums.

Those who claim to be "oldfags" always are flipping out that their are leftists on here. They claim it is a new phenomenon.

Is the difference that one of those doesn't exist in the real world?

ew, no.

>meatlocker
oh I love that band

it's the name of the venue fuck ass

user is not about that life.

sounds like a coward

The CBGB scene was extremely racist and sexist. Learn your history faggot, 80s hardcore isn't the only punk that matters