Why does Sup Forums hate this?

Why does Sup Forums hate this?

Because it's popular.

If it wasn't one of the best selling albums of all time, Sup Forums would praise it with the likes of ITCOTCK and Tago Mago.

it's popular

Autists gonna autist

Cause even "normies" like this album so Sup Forums has to hate it. Its good thou

It's gospel

Because Sup Forums is full of numale beta cucks.

Because they are bunch of hipsters.

One of the best albums ever made.

>when the chorus kick in on Brain Damage

Because it's a meme to be a contrarian.

Time is objectively a masterpiece and anyone who says otherwise is autistic
WYWH still best floyd album though

Welcome to the Machine 10/10

While it's true that a lot of people no this board are contrarians and tryhards and whatnot, there are a lot of reasons to dislike this album. Some may find it a little too slow paced (with the exception of Run), some may literally just turn the album off after hearing a fucking saxophone solo, some may really dislike the pseudo intellectual lyrics on songs like Money or the surface level introspective lyrics like Time, some may dislike the vocals, some may dislike the black lady vocalizing random shit on Us and Them, some may find a lot of the studio gimmicks a little or cheesy (like the chorus of clocks at the beginning of Time or the cash register beat on Money).

I listed these off because these are all things I really dislike about the album, but in general I enjoy it a lot. I used to like it a lot more when I was younger, but I've found so many artists by this point who are more satisfying lyrically, artists who are more satisfying technically, and artists who are more satisfying emotionally. There's no real place for this album anymore for me. I give it a nostalgia spin now and then, and I still know it front to back, note for note. It just doesn't reward repeated listens by this point, which bums me out because it used to be an all time favourite.

I like WYWH and Animals much more, and their psychedelic stuff as well.

I agree with your sentiment about Time, but I think DSOTM is their best. I am mostly over it anymore, but I don't call it shit. The Wall is shit.

The Wall has decent tracks too, it really depends on the person.

My personal favourite is Obscured by Clouds.
Childhood's End, my man.

it's overrated but it's not like it's remotely bad.

the lyrics are all genuinely awful though, not that that's the point of their music.

I agree. Comfortably Numb is still great. The idea of the album as a whole is just awful to me. (dude it's like the wall is a metaphor) I told myself I liked it when I was younger, but realizing I was lying to myself was a huge stepping stone into liking music for music.

i don't really enjoy listening to it

>Time is objectively a masterpiece and anyone who says otherwise is autistic
what's so good about it

The Wall isn't bad it's not just nearly as good as the three albums that immediately preceded it.
The Final Cut is shit though. It's The Wall but not as good. Waters literally put songs that weren't good enough for The Wall on The Final Cut

Gilmour is flawless
Wright shows how much better a singer he was than Waters (at least imo)
Mason's rototoms in the beginning make me cum desu
really the only person who doesn't shine in the song is Waters, and the rest of the group show how powerful they could be without him
I'm a fan of post-Waters floyd tho so maybe I'm just fanboying

this. DSOTM is their magnum opus and the wall is cheesy rock opera shit, which in its own right is a good album in that genre, its just paced terribly for a light prog/ psych rock/ space rock band

DSOTM is an extremely overrated album: the only reason it's so acclaimed and popular is because it was watered down and "chilled out" for a retarded, druggie audience that was seen as hip.

The songs have shitty melodies.

The songs have shitty harmonies.

The songs have shitty rhythms.

It's all very simple, all very boring. It's standard rock music with a bit more "atmosphere."

It's The Witcher 3 of rock music.

>IT'S COMMERCIAL/SIMPLE SO IT'S BAD
yknow an album can be simple and still be good, right?
pic related

>Hating on one of the best albums ever made
>Hating on one of the best game ever made

Found the hipster

>I'm a fan of post-Waters floyd tho so maybe I'm just fanboying
mah nigga

But I have to admit that Waters did compose and write Time.

Piper > Meddle > Dark Side > Atom Heart Mother > Animals > Saucerful > Ummagumma > The Wall > Obscured > The Final Cut > the rest

It's more or less mucore with how many topics it gets. Hell I think it has been mentioned more recently than quite a bit of mucore.

for you

That black lady is actually white. Blew my mind when I found out

Saucer > Piper > Ummagumma > Meddle > Relics > Atom Heart > Obscured > More > WYWH > DSOTM > the wall > Division Bell > Momentary >

Because how can you be superior to someone if they like the same things you like?

Frank Zappa and Captain Beefheart also had some commercially successful songs, without the intention of making them as such. So, what does that say about them and Pink Floyd?

>comparing a mediocre pop rock album to a lofi-folk masterpiece
You doing alright there fella?

>It's standard rock music with a bit more "atmosphere."
the tracks Run, and Any Colour You Like alone disprove this

Wywh>piper=saucer

Nothing else in their discog even matters. If youve listened to their discog in full more than 3 times you suffer from terminal rockism

Gucci Mane > Pink Floyd

>tfw summerfags go home and everyone realizes Pink Floyd weren't that bad the whole time

As I've said - it's a meme to be a contrarian and the guy is being a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian. Don't even bother.

Lol have you listened to the album?

So they switch up their one note formula for two tracks out of what, 14? Wow such artisitic diversity

Atom Heart Mother is eons better than syd's autistic mess

Can Sup Forums PLEASE not give this album any credit? Its not fucking good and if you had a SLIVER of musical knowledge you would know this

Rockist detected