ESPN launches new website for sports and culture site for African-Americans

"From a strategic standpoint, launching a site geared toward African-Americans is a no-brainer for ESPN. According to the network’s research and analytics department, 29 million African-Americans visit ESPN every week and spend an average of 9 minutes, 23 seconds on the network’s various platforms -- 80 percent more than the average ESPN consumer. According to Nielsen, ESPN ranks behind only Black Entertainment Television in cable network viewership among African-Americans between ages 18 and 49. According to comScore, among digital’s top 100 entities, ESPN ranks ninth in African-American composition. ESPN president John
Skipper said the launching of the website is one more step in dismantling white supremacy in not only the sports world but America."

Other urls found in this thread:

deadspin.com/here-is-the-insane-playbook-for-jason-whitlocks-black-1700506507
youtube.com/watch?v=I3cGfrExozQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No way this is true. Just no way.

Except ESPN is already targeted towards blacks retard

Seriously... what?

Isn't it better to try to beyond this obsession with race? Why make it the defining element?

This is counter productive and almost condescending. Like an ESPN for kids or something.

I fucking give up.

ESPN has been crap since Disney bought them in '96. Now they've hit rock bottom and are still trying to sink lower.

Wan't this Whitlock's project before he became a dictator turbonigger that wasn't getting anything done? Wasn't this like 5 years in the making to be a supposed "black grantland?"

Also, what's different about this from normal ESPN? Just replace a small blurb on the NHL or NASCAR with another story about LeBron or Curry? Or my personal favorite: the coalition on getting more blacks in baseball that pops up around every year's "Jackie Robinson Day."

Or their ESPNW, I also find condescending

WE WUZ TYEMPYUNZ N SHIT

Film the whole thing in a barber shop.

>29 million African-Americans visit ESPN every week
there are ~45 million blacks in the usa and we have to believe 2/3rds visit espn every week, ok

This is racist desu, cucks.
>no white only websites cause MUHH OPPRESION MUH SLAVERY

Are you in the target demographic?
And also in London?

Jesus christ wtf... I fucking hope this flops so hard and I'm black

Breaking news: A Jew tells blacks they are being oppressed

>Gives them their own platform
>Takes forever and multiple staff clearings to get it even launched
>Patronizing blacks while vilifying whites
>This is progressive media, guys!

>made towards dismantling racism and white supremacy
>makes a website available to only one race
getting mixed signals here

They literally have nothing else to do during the day. That's why when you're home sick in the US and you turn on the tv during the workday, a lot of channels that do not cater to the "stay at home mom" or retiree crowd have commercials for ambulance-chasing lawyers, cash settlements, online degrees, and check cashing.

So yes, I believe that a ton of blacks go on ESPN.com or put on ESPN at home or watch it in a bar or barber shop.

>this is the world we fought two world wars and nuked Japan twice for

>The wrong side won

The price we pay.

so this site is actually legit? googled it and it seems real

Why can't we just watch sports for sports? Sports is suppose to be an escape from this bullshit.

I know it's from cuckspin/sjwspin but here is an article about just how fucked this is going to be:

deadspin.com/here-is-the-insane-playbook-for-jason-whitlocks-black-1700506507

Whitlock isn't even a part of ESPN anymore and this was his baby. I hope this crashes and burns worse than the Hindenburg.

>Americans has segregation
>some Americans complain
>it ends
>other Americans complain
>somehow convince blacks to self-segregate
>Americans still complain

Jeez make up your mind

The SJWs make it harder and harder to not hate black people.

“We want to be the premier destination for exploring the intersection of race, sports and culture,” he said. “We exist because the race part is in there, but sports will be the center of it so white people need to see they are not in control anymore.”

The nukes actually turned them into a far better country.

This, makes me happy that ESPN is crumbling and will be forced to shut this site down in 2 years to reduce costs

>the race part is there
you making a website dedicated to a race isn't helping you fucking morons

youtube.com/watch?v=I3cGfrExozQ

E!SjwPN is going about this the wrong way.

>grant land is too expensive to maintain
>"I know, let's make black grant land!"
>mfw this dies within a year

>intersection

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

what is this a fucking sociology class

This is so fucking retarded. I've been browsing it for 10 minutes and I still can't tell if it's a parody website or not.

>so white people need to see they are not in control anymore
but they are, and making a website centered on 13% of the population doesn't change that in any way

>Implying niggers are too stupid to search online for articles and videos that are relevant to their interests.

Way to keep on patronizing minorities, sjws, that's sure to be the answer to end racism in America.

I'm not even going to check it out because I don't want to give them their precious hits and page views.

>white people aren't in control anymore

yes they are, that's why you had to make your own website

DUDE NIGGERS LMAO

A parody website would AAAAAH SHIIIIIIIEEEEETTTTT NIGGA DAT NIGGA JORDAN B CRYIN N SHIT NIGGA OH YEAH IMMA SEN DIS MAYMAY TO RAYRAY ALL DAYDAY MUFUGGA YO SHOUT OUT TO MY NIGGA IN HOCKEY DEM NIGGAZ ON ICE IZ FAST N SHIT NOT AS FAST AS MA COUSIN JAMAL ON CRACK DOE OH SHIT NIGGA DAS SUM CRAZY ASS SMACKDOWN ON HIZ ASS NIGGA

AIGHT CHECK IT SPIKE LEE'S LIL JOINTS, THEY LIKE MA NIGGA TYRONES LIL JOINTS 420 BLAZE DAT SHIT NIGGA

Lol

EY YO BLACKBOI OG NIGGAZ I BET HE AINT FASTER DEN MA DAD HE SO FAST HE AINT NEVER CAME BACK NIGGA

Niggers are the only ones dumb enough to still watch ESPN. It only makes sense for them to cater directly to their audience.

HEY WHO YOU CALLIN A NIGGER HONKEY ASS HO IMMA SLAP YO BITCHASS BAC TO WHITE AFRICA FOO

Shut up, nigger

Is it www.nba.com?

If they're allowed to launch a website that just covers black athletes, am I allowed to start a site that just covers white athletes?

Or would that be seen as "white supremacist"?

And if so why?

>niggers start to self-segregate due to perceived "white privilege."
>Doing everyone else a favor but they feel empowered
>Go back to having separate white's only restaurants, restrooms, etc.
>No white people want to go to predominantly black places anyways
>Thank you, based niggers

Maybe the future isn't so bleak after all.

so i cant use it if im a whitie?

Why would you want to is the better question

I listen to First Take

Literally why

kill yourself

Do you know what's the funny thing about that image? They cropped out the white guy that also stood with them in solidarity and fought for black rights. Because white people need to be the enemy.

uhh w-whats wrong with it?

Do you unironically also wear one of these?

They are stupid fucks who don't realise it's Bait: The Show and are getting trolled hard.

"White people need to see they are not in control anymore.”

Kek, isnt the president of espn literally white?

hes a jew

>white "people"

This is going to bomb hard

It'll be pushed by some of the higher ups but it won't go anywhere. If anything, this is simply segregation. "Stay off our websites, niggers."

Article 1: Learning to read

I've never thought I'd see the day when left wing progressives become more racist than your most extreme Sup Forumsfag.

No spic TV?

They make 40% of America

>ESPN president John Skipper said the launching of the website is one more step in dismantling white supremacy in not only the sports world but America.
>posts a picture of black supremacists

No. We make them pay extra for cable that has regular channels in Spanish. All they get with the basic package is Telemundo and Univision.

i dont want to vote for trump but these motherfuckers are making me really think about it

Niggers desu senpai

Was there ever any doubt?

They already have that. It's called ESPN.

so basically its about basketball and football only.

This. I don't know if I can handle 8 more years of SJW garbage being shoved down my throat.

They are forcing this shit from all angles and will continue to do so if things don't change. The choice is yours

ITT: butthurt white people.

welcome to espn

Another reminder that Sup Forums is literally always right

how cute. you think things will change if Trump is elected,

>SJW
*sigh*

Also embarrassed black people, lets be fair

Exactly. This whole venture seems a bit redundant. Although ESPN is happy that they won't even have to bother with golf, hockey, or auto racing anymore to give the people what they obviously want: more twitter coverage and nbs/nfl talk. All day, every day.

It mellowed them out, they were by far one of the most bloodthirsty nations in history. Their whole economy was based on spending money so their military could take over all of Asia.

MOM! MOM!
COME LOOK AT MY Sup Forums!
I USED SJW AGAIN!
MOM!

Instead they're the most developed country in Asia. I'd say things have worked out in their favor.

Already got that

>Update
they are trying to turn spics into cucks with this channel. constant football and basketball here too.

>He doesnt enjoy listening to horrible opinions
Why the fuck do you even come on Sup Forums?
>Taking everything this seriously
Fucking retard.

And they wonder why ESPN is losing money left and right?

Not to mention their outdated tv deal which is going to be their death knell in the future once cable companies go a la carte?

shit like this just keep build a wall behind whites and blacks, if they really care about equality why creating a website only for that kind of people

WHATCHU MEAN "DAT KINDA PEEPOLE," CRACKA?

They're losing money because they overspent on the NBA and nobody actually watches the games they show until the playoffs start. People talk about the money the NBA is generating but that's mainly from merchandise.

Calm down, cuck.

Exactly. ESPN pushed so hard for NBA talk and news not only to cater towards blacks but also to use the rest of their media platforms to advertise for their NBA games.

But their tv deal is fucking crazy. Each household pays over 5 bucks a month to have ESPN even if you don't want it. Their competitors on average have a cost of $0.20 per household. Once all the cable providers allow you to pick and choose channels based on personal preference, their revenue stream is going to plummet. Disney already knows this and is shaking in their boots. Their stocks are already taking a hit and it's only the start. ESPN's clearing house is only the start.

>Italy
>white

i wonder if he's flipped on that position since then, i hope not because i love that negro, but it wouldnt surprise me

>marketing-based company takes action to further cater to a growing/dominant demographic
I don't see what the problem is

so its only a website? if it isnt world star or one of the social medias, i seriously doubt they would offer up anything blacks would want to see that they couldnt just get there

>where da fights and da hoes at, i aint reading no essays i aint in school nigga

Black people like to read too dumbass

>Launched on the anniversary of a major desegregation milestone

>Its only purpose is to segregate white viewers and black viewers

Well I doubt this website is going to offer much in terms of thought provoking pieces, probably just NFL/NBA memes and tweets and top 10 black lists