Why are all music store owners always such assholes...

why are all music store owners always such assholes? like without fail every music store owner/employee i've ever met has been a gigantic douchebag

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QOwjVVSNOtY
youtu.be/K8CTzoAKkGw
youtu.be/RgkfZcLNmgA
youtu.be/5xillqqt0Y0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

pretension

failed musicians

youtube.com/watch?v=QOwjVVSNOtY

imagine yourself in your mid 30-40s, and decide you want attain your life long dream of career related to music so you start a record store.

then you realize how much inventory you have to hold on to, which puts you in debt, then you realize that you have to predict what customers want and purchase the correct amount and artists. But when you think you've nailed, no one buys anything and instead comes in and asks for obscure shit that no one has ever heard. You start to buy that obscure shit and then no on buys that either. Cycle repeats until you make rent every month. Now top that will all of the shitting things life in general has to offer and you have your quintessential record store owner.

this was filmed at my local record shop

This. Same with music teachers.

/thread

This is literally just Sup Forums users

My music teacher was a great guy

He was a faggot failure shut up.

Every music teacher I've ever met aside from my guitar teacher I had from middle and high school had an air of superiority to them, like "they were too good for this". Also my high school chorus teacher was a cunt who hated anyone that wasn't a suck up, so I quit out of his class.

That was back when schools could afford a music course, now music teachers are just glad they have a job

Most store owners of middle class pursuits are douchebags

Record/music shops & cycling shops are the kings of cuntery and the reason is this Everyone in the middle class thinks they are so much better and more intelligent than everyone else. In reality they are potentially more stupid than your average working class person, just better (((educated))). But that means shit when tradies are earning hundreds of thousands a year while middle class pretentious fag boys are sitting around perhaps 40 or 50k at best, squandering their inheritance/parent's money

ITT: DOUCHEBAGS CALLING OTHERS DOUCHEBAGS

you people are so completely un-self-aware it is almost comical

Literally everybody I've met at my local record store (Rasputins) is chill as fuck. My buddy and I go every week, we have talks with the cashiers, the ones who make sure everything is in order, the ones who put the tags on releases, etc. There was one time I even got there after they closed, door was locked with the security guard watching, my friend was inside buying something and they let me in just to talk. They even tell their customers not to buy the Crosleys they have because of how shitty Crosleys are.

Sounds like the problem's you OP.

>my one example proves its all totally fine
Might want to visit more than one record store, one that you visit often and spend money at meaning the staff will treat you generally better than an occasional customer

worked in a music store while I was in first year of university.
i was pumped for the first few months, but the shit customers really broke me down.
i honestly feel terrible for anybody working in a music store for that reason.

I live in the Bay Area bro. I go to multiple record stores and have had similar experiences in Oakland, Berkeley, SF and San Leandro.

I'll say it again: Sounds like the problem's you OP.

And I should add the first experience I ever had with the Crosley guy was when my friend asked about record players. They only had Crosleys even, so if he was a cunt trying to make a buck (a hefty, $300 buck) he was doing a pretty piss poor job at it.

>all the record stores where i spend lots of money pretend to like me
Really now, I've been to record stores all over Europe, the UK and the US and found similar experiences. More negative than good. I know one really friendly store with a good selection which I frequent - absolutely does not make the others all fine and dandy

I only spends lots of money in one of them though, the San Leandro Rasputins. I've only been to the SF records stores once in fact, and again, a similar experience.

I'll ask very bluntly about the Crosley. If they were just trying to make a buck then why wouldn't they have sold my friend on the $300+ record player?

Because the employee is a shitty salesman

>presented with a clear example of a music store employee being chill
>"nah, they're just a shitty salesman"
Yeah, I'll say it again: Sounds like the problem's you.

>de probrem jus u waaah i kno the bes recowd stow eva dat wudn sel me crosleee dey r so gud
Get over yourself you fucking faggot

it should have been this Jack Black teaching the kids in School of Rock

I've said I've had similar experiences in multiple record stores, more often than not in fact.

And again, here you are being a cunt when presented with evidence differing from your viewpoint. Sounds like you deserved whatever shitty treatment you got at those record stores you went to.

>waaaaah my evidesh meansh so much im so importan
Fucking hell you are so unsufferable. I think we may have found the very douchebag that actually settles in well in these stores. I bet they fucking hate you but you are too egotistical to realise it

They likely didn't sell you the Crosley because you are so pretentious sounding they didn't think you'd go for it. That or they just wanted you out of their fucking faces

I always wondered the same.
I took my guitar there so they could get fix some things on it, it took a while because apparently Korean electric quitars arent exactly common here. So after the looong waiting I went back and asked for my guitar, the shop owner started bitching at me how it took so much of his time and it was difficult to get the parts, how he should "ask for more money" because of that, but he wont this time.
We agreed on a price beforehand and theres no use whining about it afterwards.
Balding middleaged little assmaster he was.

Yes, they hate me well enough to let me in after they've locked up. Makes sense.

Quote any post where I said I'm important. All I've done is told my stories. Sorry that you're cunty enough that people feel the need to treat you like a cunt.

Oh gosh someone didn't make you wait outside while your buddy was in there for a few minutes, I guess they must fucking love you! I guess when I walk into a store just before closing and they let me browse for a few minutes with the door locked I must be their favorite fucking customer

Jesus christ you're a such a stupid cunt, get the fuck off my board

or OR

you could overcharge for absolutely everything in the store, regardless of how many times it's been pressed

that's every record store owner ever

I've been here half a decade this month.

Quote the post where I said they loved me or that I was their favorite customer. It's a testament to the fact that you've lost this argument that you keep having to put words in my mouth.

It's so true OP

youtu.be/K8CTzoAKkGw
youtu.be/RgkfZcLNmgA
youtu.be/5xillqqt0Y0

I've been on Sup Forums for a decade, you've came in with the second worst generation of shitty posters

Congratufuckinglations I outrank you both in years of posting and years of not being a stupid faggot. Now fuck off

Oh, look at that, you don't even have a rebuttal to the actual point of the post.

Fun fact: You've been a douche in this thread more than anybody I've met in a record store.

You can quote me directly rather than being a vagina and pretending to be another person

Now fuck off

Can opening my own record store get me qt indie chicks?

No, you have to either open a music store or go cheep and start a band. Nobody has sex with record store clerks or owners

>a music store

What is a music store?

a place that sells literal music of course!

indie chicks won't be around for much longer, i wouldn't bother. in 2020 all women will be tumblr feminists.

Stop posting.

make me

really? where do you live?

i'm in l o n d o n and most of the guitar shops around denmark street have really nice staff

apart from the old guy at rock stop he's a wanker. i first went there when i was like thirteen and i wanted some shitty audio interface and he laughed at me and said the worst one they had was £100. i was just kind of like okay well done you sure showed me

Where the fuck is this so I know never to fucking go in there

This guy knows.

I've quote you multiple times. The only reason I didn't quote in that post was because I wasn't making a direct reply, dipshit.

Anybody know where I can cop that shirt?

Fuck off user, they're just nice to you because you give them money. Duh.

I'm not the SF guy but I just wanna say OP is a cunt

>out of touch record store owner has categorized entire store by his gut feelings on what genre an album is

Never met a record store owner who acted like an asshole. Must be an american thing.

maybe you have shit taste and are sensitive about it when called on it

I used to think the same way when I was in my late teens, now that I'm older(31), people at record stores and music stores are really nice to me. It's weird.

most of the record stores I've gone to were cool, and the owners and people who work there would talk to me about music and stuff, like at PREX (I live in New Jersey) or Scotti's in Summit. Also I went on vacation in Newfoundland and Fred's in St. John's was really cool, staff was super chill. Only one I've been to that seemed snobbish was Rough Trade (Brooklyn), even though they had an excellent selection.

>bowie dies
>go to local record store after work
>get david live and scene
>cashier starts talking about how david live is so much better because it's more rawk and that scene is too dorky
>tfw i prefer scene

Stores that sell musical instruments have to deal with the most mind-numbingly stupid shit constantly. I worked in an independent guitar store that sold mostly high end stuff and it had some of the most obnoxious customers I've encountered in my entire life. Either they were tire-kickers who wanted to come in and rock out endlessly, making you listen to their noodling or they were argumentative morons trying to sell you some First Act guitar they found in their friend's basement. Beyond that, people are constantly using you as a showroom for stuff that they are just going to go buy for less on the internet. Brick and mortar stores are losing proposition for everyone these days.

>metal section meticulously organized
>rest is just a-z

music store owner detected

how are customers shitty in a music situation?

why?

douche detected. if you think "calling" somebody on their taste in the first place is acceptable behavior you probably don't have very many friends.

"Calling" people out for their shit taste is a meme exclusive to Sup Forums. If you do this in real life youre a faggot.