>hikkyz.net/misc/stringassembler/

Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed) (embed)

--

>Advancing Guitarist - Mick Goodrick
mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8
>Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Others
>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EXuaC509Qm0
youtube.com/watch?v=dtNI5EmCIdo
shop.fender.com/en-US/squier-electric-guitars/stratocaster/deluxe-stratocaster/0300500504.html)
vocaroo.com/i/s1c9hxRQ4uNN
youtu.be/U7p_E6Bq2bQ?t=3390
discord.gg/hJF4Z
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First

fag

Is it normal for a solid body electric to sound tinny/trebly dry? The three top strings subtly ring when strumming, but as far as I can tell it doesn't affect the tone when amplified.

You mean at the headstock? Behind the bridge? Or would you characterize the sound as sitar-like? Examine your strings to see if there's any accidental points of contact between the string and the guitar.

G-Guys I think I have found a new Bassfu

youtube.com/watch?v=EXuaC509Qm0

Sounds a little like a sitar and it happens over the whole fretboard. It's most noticeable on the high e string

>The three top strings subtly ring when strumming, but as far as I can tell it doesn't affect the tone when amplified.
Sounds like bad muting, if you keep on without doing so, you'll sound like shit if you ever want to do wide, "loud" dynamics or if you use overdrive/distortion.

Ok redpill me on nitro lacquer gloss necks. I'm thinking of getting a guitar with one. As an example think of the ej strat

Sticky as fuck if you have the wrong sweat composition. Fender "nitro" is also just a thing layer of nitrocellulose over a plastic coat.

If your hands sweat a lot it can get really sticky. Especially the nitro Gibson uses. Fender's is better. Nothing that can't be fixed with wiping it down though. Just another finish really, nothing special about it.

>Fender's is better.
That's because Fender nitro is plastic with a courtesy whiff of nitro on top.

400 grit lightly on top of a Gibson nitro neck is fine, or you could alternatively play it for 5-10 years for the same result.

Post a pic of your bridge and headstock

Ok thAnks lads. Also does that finish eventually wear? Like I want my finger board to show markings. If so, how long does it take to show?

Fender nitro wear? Never fucking ever unless you get your hands on a pre-1963 model.

Thick coat of Fullerplast, whiff on nitro on top so people are satisfied that it smells like a nitro coat = Fender nitro.

You might think it looks cool but a damaged finish on the neck is not worth the trouble the exposed wood causes.

Elaborate please?

Exposed wood that hasn't been oiled will move more with changing temperature and humidity. You wind up needing more truss rod adjustments and the irregular exposure is theoretically a culprit of neck warp.

It's not like there are mystical properties to factory oiled wood that you can't replicate with any other proper oil at home.

To the other guy, just steer clear of Fender nitro, you get the same fullerplast shite underneath on poly coat Fender.

Just started studyng this shit.
What do you think about him and 80s instructional vids in general /gg/?

>warwick

Only the best

I never could afford them back then. I watched the Yngwie video, but found it to be meh.

My brother was the Yngwie fan anyways.

I prefer oil or finish, not both. Oil can get under the finish and make it fragile.

Yes, but if you wear down or strip the finish, you're good to oil that shit right back up.

Did that on my first guitar. Fastest neck I've played ever. Too bad it's a laminate piece of trash. 80s Korea guitars were not a good thing.

I do like plain oiled necks as well. I don't recommend finishes that wear though, you can buy guitars with oiled necks.

Nothing wrong with my Gibson nitro. I took it down a tad with 400 grit because it was getting the old gummy nitro feel after playing a bit. When it eventually wears down, I'll just refinish it entirely with stains and finishing oil. That shit is at least 10 years off.

And when I mean taking it down a tad with 400 grit, I mean make the finish satin instead of gloss.

guitar is haaaarrrdddd

youtube.com/watch?v=dtNI5EmCIdo

For a beginner on a budget is a Squier a shitty choice for a first guitar? Pic related is $200 (shop.fender.com/en-US/squier-electric-guitars/stratocaster/deluxe-stratocaster/0300500504.html)

That's music theory, not guitar.

No wonder you find it hard you retard.

I use 1000 grit for that. Not that I have a huge depth of experience here, but 400 surprises me! Certainly it'll go longer between sanding, but jeez. That's gonna take off material pretty quick.

You're gonna hate yourself for buying a polycoated fretboard guitar in the future.

You can probably find same for less. It's fine to start with.

Very light touch.

You sand once and never again. There's no fullerplast under mine though.

I mean, i'm using some literal who brand Strat knockoff that goes for around 100$ (got it for 25) as my first electric, and it sounds somewhat ok, so i'm sure a Squier will be fine.

you can get a used fender for 50 more

I really don't know shit about guitars so I'm not sure what you mean

Normally I would recommend against squier for the reason that they have bad value, but that for $200 seems like a decent choice. Assuming the fretwork is good, that's a decent deal.

Fender/Squier maple fretboard guitars have a plastic coat over the fretboard. It's their absolute worst feature in my opinion. They feel like shit to play on.

Get yourself a Yamaha Pacifica in the same price range with a rosewood fretboard instead.

Post the comfiest guitar you've ever played. I don't think this is gonna be beaten unless I somehow get my hands on a Strandberg. All the contours are just perfect, and if it didn't have a Floyd Rose it'd be flawless.

Improvement

why are you routing almost the whole body?

What the fuck are you routing with? A screwdriver?

maybe if you stopped being a degenerate weeb you'd have more time to dedicate to guitar

yeah that was really clever

well done

Listed ad £395 for me. Where can you buy it for as cheap as $200?

it's just true. if you spent less time watching shitty anime you'd be able to play more guitar

Lots of wires

but if I didn't watch anime, why would I belong on this website that was built for it?

I don't think you need that much space but whatever floats your boat dude

But I'm not watching shitty anime. I'm watching really good anime.

I didn't think so either, until I tried to cram the wires in there and had to route out even more space.

actually friend, this board was created for "Music" discussion, as it says at the top of the page. Luckily, we have a whole board for you to anime-post!

>>>>>

I didn't mention anime, you're the one who brought it up. Honestly if you want to discuss anime so badly:

is the place for you.

Actually his whole post was on topic, he was discussing the mechanics of translating theory to a fretboard.

When has this actually worked? I dunno about him, but you're only goading me on.

Just bought This squier john 5 teley in a garage sale, 120, case included. Which pups should i throw in them?? Neck sounded ok, actually dug it. Bridge should be better. Want to retain some tele spank.

PLay guitar whilst watching anime

>120, case included
that's a pretty good deal.
I'd throw in a dimarzio X2N or whatever super hot pickup for shits and giggles if it was just up to me

It works because now there are 3 more buttmad weebs than there were before

Opinions on these new Fender Mustangs and Duo-Sonics?

My only criticism is that I wish they'd have every colour option with each pickup configuration, for example I would love a Duo-Soinc in orange, but with HS and Rosewood fretboard.

The Dragon Dildo of guitars.

I like how they perfectly know who will buy these.
As to what I actually think, I think the heel on the leftmost mustang looks HUGE, and I wonder how the J-bass pickup in that SS bass sounds like.

>holding the first fret with the ring finger
hurr

Go Gibson or go home!

Should I buy a P-Bass and put some flats on it for the sole purpose of playing Motown / 60's pop in my bedroom?

I love dat yellow and green.

vocaroo.com/i/s1c9hxRQ4uNN

There's a lot of mistakes but I was bored.

Also how long do tubes last if I bias them around 60%?

text

>mfw listening through Paul Gilberts new album

What happened?

I dont know, i want it more like for some punk, punk rock shit. Or for shit and giggles maybe go over the fucking top with some Slug or warpig and play doom/sludge through a cranked bassman or some shit

ye m8. Put in the LaBella Deep Talking flats, and while your at it upgrade the split P single coils to a better set (google for more info) to get that Motown sound.

Also make sure it's a Rosewood fingerboard too.

>tfw my friend thinks Steve Via is better than EVH
>he uses a wooden fucking pick too LMFAO

>Also how long do tubes last if I bias them around 60%?
I can't help you out fully on that but it's gonna depend on which tubes and which amp I think, also the volume at which you play.

>What happened?
BLOOZE

You can get a punk tone out of anything with a pickup and a jack output, it's not really a genre that depends that much on a certain tone like jazz or extreme metal.
Can't really recommend you any weird/over the top pickups though, I know nothing about them

>Eddie Van Hack
>better than anyone

Gold foil ;>)

What bass is he using in this picture? I've been dying to know

>;>)
get out jew

makes me think of Les Claypool's Carl Thompson basses. But the outer edges aren't contoured and smooth like them.

how do i get good at guitar

Yeah and the head stock on the one in the picture is very similar to a violin or upright bass

Play a lot.

I am planning to get a Marshall DLS15 since it's cheap in a local store, it has 2 6V6 power tubes. I only play in my bedroom or with another guitarist friend, so my current 15W SS amp rarely goes above 3. Anything else I need to know before buying the fucking thing?

This

youtu.be/U7p_E6Bq2bQ?t=3390

I can't recognize anything identifying on the headstock, maybe he had it custom made?

Yeah after watching that video I really wanted to see if could at least find something with that orchestral body and head stock

I meant on the neck. Fender only uses the fullerplast stuff on the bodies.

>Fender only uses the fullerplast stuff on the bodies.
You know that thick clear layer on your maple neck and fretboard?

That ain't nitro.

>At thrift store
>See strat body
>look on back
>it's a fucking squier body that someone repainted terribly

Not the OP, but I'm a noob and am having trouble understanding what you guys are arguing about. Can you provide pictures of what you are talking about please? I feel as a player it's important I know how to identify and spot differences with the necks.

You won't really get much spank from a humbucker, but I guess a gfs vintage split, just be careful not to get one too hot for your neck

Can rec the pacifica, great guitar. Besides, I suggest hss instead of sss for beginner guitars.

Is there any exercises I could practice to help me improvise?

I've been playing a while and I was wondering how do I get better at scales. I keep repeating the same patterns back and forth over and over again.

forgot pic

Sauce?

If it's an American guitar it is. Fender's nitro neck finishes aren't thick at all. Maybe the thickness of a sheet of construction paper. On my guitar there's a part near the tuners that chipped off and it goes right down to the raw wood.

The body is a different story you can see a basecoat beneath the color coats. I'm pretty sure the polyester basecoats Fender uses these days are colored (black or white)

Fender sprays a coat of polyester underneath their nitro color/clear coats to seal the wood I guess. You'll mostly find nitro finishes on more expensive guitars (because it's vintage correct not because it's better) it actually chips easier than other finished. IT does feel a bit more "natural" only because people are used to guitars with very heavy, plasticy feeling polyurethane finishes. It's mostly pointless cork sniffery imo, at this point I would probably prefer a thin polyurethane finish just because it's less fragile and feels similar if it's sprayed very thinly.

Guitarists come one, come all!

discord.gg/hJF4Z

Skip notes in a scale, break into another scale from the base.

Throw in triplets here and there. Bend.

If that fails, do as Kirk Hammet and buy yourself a wah.

I saved it from Sup Forums ages ago

Cool, thanks so much for explaining.

the bass is way too loud in that mix. sounds like shit. and she's ugly.