Have Brits here ever attempted an American accent?

Have Brits here ever attempted an American accent?

If so, what kind do you usually go for? Is it Northeastern-ish like what Hugh Laurie or Benedict Cabbagepatch do when they try it?

Or is it full redneck Southerner?

I used to think Brits could do American accents fairly well (at least better than Americans can do Brit) but then I saw Orlando Bloom fuck up hard in Elizabethtown.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4XEq6XYtMVU
vocaroo.com/i/s0T50pRdhcXd
vocaroo.com/i/s1AXKp9Q8T4k
youtube.com/watch?v=AJBhAwLdjyA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A pre-WW2 Southern/Plantation-owner accent isn't that different from a British one, so I think they'd try for one of those.

youtube.com/watch?v=4XEq6XYtMVU

vocaroo.com/i/s0T50pRdhcXd

most of the time they just talk through their nose lol

5/10

That was cool.

>qwater german

what did he mean by this?

>eye-talian
You sounded a bit Irish, but overall decent effort. 7/10.

lel

when they do attempt an american accent.

They keep saying 'awesome' after everything they say. Kinda like those surfer dudes.

Legitimate question.
Do northern midwesterners have an accent to other english speakers?
I was always told that we pronounce things exactly as they should be with only a few exceptions, and as such have very little accent to speak of.

kek

Other than the whole "everyone has an accent" thing, the Midwest/Great Plains is the geographic origin of General American, so you do have an accent to the extent that Americans at all have one.

Pretty damn good. Only a few slip ups.

Over half the actors of a very popular series in the US are Brits pretending to be Yanks.

The accents are hilarious, especially when they slip.

ayy

THAILAAAD

thanks lads I appreciate it

Pretty much what I do, with a slight southern drawl

Iowa/illinois are the basis for general american, but upper midwest sounds accented. think fargo or everyone in making a murderer.

kek

I'm from Iowa, so that could explain why everyone tells me that I have almost no accent.
I'm not doing vocaroo though. My mic quality sucks on this computer.

>Morgan is a Brit
>the Govenor is a Brit
>Rick is a Brit
wew

>illinois
Chicago undergoes the Northern Cities Vowel Shift (i.e., /ɔ/ becomes Sup Forums, among other things), but Downstate and Iowa are indeed as bland as it gets, hence its spread.

Since you're not supposed to be "from" anywhere in nationwide communications (i.e., the News, etc.), and since the Great Plains is a neutral ground as opposed to the Northeast or the South, its accent was the one chosen to be the national standard.

Fuck off, I'm not him.

Every time one of you retarded mongs confuse me for him, I literally punch an ox in the dick.

Remember that time they hired Hugh Laurie as House because they wanted an All American Man for the role and didn't know he was English because he did such a convincing accent in his audition

They hired Brits to portray Batman and Superman too.

>Superman

[TRIGGERED]

Caville's from Jersey

Maggy is a Brit
Morgan is a Brit

That pretty much rounds out the main crew.

Whew. Moron.

Basically just pronounce your r's and tense your vowels.

went from having an empire to bragging about getting roles in american media, makes u think

Jersey is British and always will be.

>Jersey is British

ALLAHU ACKBAR!

done a vocaroo lads

vocaroo.com/i/s1AXKp9Q8T4k

6/10

remember that time your country was important

>remember that time your country was important

I'm in my 20s

So no, I don't

Here's an Appalachian one:

youtube.com/watch?v=AJBhAwLdjyA

>Is it Northeastern-ish like what Hugh Laurie or Benedict Cabbagepatch do when they try it?
Are you telling me that they don't sound American?

>who rocked the cradle when i'm gone

damn nigga that was woke af

>Do I have an accent?

Maggy is actually a yank. She has a strong English accent because she grew up here however.

Take a good look, this is you in the next 50-100 years.