Let's settle this

let's settle this

which is better

Pet sounds

Revolver

Pet Sounds, of course.

Pet Sounds is a much more important album and I would argue a much better written album.
Revolver has a couple good songs (Love You To, Tomorrow Never Knows) that individually BTFO of Pet Sounds though.

>implying meme sounds by the meme boys even touches revolver

The beach boys are great American music

im only sleeping is better than anything on pet sounds

It's literally Pet Sounds. You can be the biggest Beatles fan on the planet and still be able to admit that Pet Sounds is better than Revolver.

revolver

Both are shit

Magical mystery tour

Ow the edge

Thing is though, Pet Sounds, though it may have been a significant album, actually sucks ass.

Revolver was at least a good album.

>actually sucks ass.
How?

pet sounds this isn't even close

pet sounds isnt even that psychedelic minus a few tracks. im only sleeping alone is way ahead of pet sounds

Pet Sounds has no bad songs (besides maybe the title track). Revolver has at least 3. However, are the best songs on Pet Sounds are as good as the best songs on Revolver? I honestly don't know.

who are you kidding? theres no bad songs on revolver. even filler like bird can sing is better than pet sounds

>Yellow Submarine
>Doctor Robert
>I Want to Tell You
>not shit

all of those songs are great wtf, especially the modulation on Doctor Robert, way ahead of pet sounds...

>the modulation on Doctor Robert is more complex than the modulation on Wouldn't it be Nice and That's Not Me
Thanks for the kek. Besides, Brian Wilson knew what he was doing when he changed the key, unlike the Beatles.

Well obviously this is all just opinion, but if you ask me, the last good song on Pet Sounds is God Only knows, the rest of it is all just as slow and melancholic sounding as the rest of it just isn't really as interesting. I still don't understand why people classify this as psychedelic.

we're not even talking about psychedelic shit right now faggot stay on topic

>implying memer by the memeles even touches pet sounds

I hate both of them but if I had to pick, Revolver.

Revolver>Pet Sounds

Right, but is Pet Sounds not considered pretty important to the development of psychedelic music? I mean besides that, it's just an album with a few popular songs like wouldn't it be nice and sloop john b. I have a hard time finding anything else good to say about the album if you're not just talking about those particular songs or it's impact.

The chord changes in Put Your Head on My Shoulder, that progression that never gets to where it's supposed to. Just for that shit Pet Sounds takes my vote. Maybe sonically Pet Sounds isn't as groundbreakingly innovative as Revolver but god, the arrangements are just so detailed, you can hear a lot of instruments in the mix. Pet Sounds is better guys, Revolver isn't even Beatles' best album.

stop posting asap, or at least read more than the Wikipedia article about the album

99% of people who praise this album will never lead with "oh it was influential" cuz that shit doesn't matter. they praise it because it's excellent, even in a vacuum. listen to it more and read a book, then come back.

Pet Sounds is important because of the production with extensive tape editing. Studio as an instrument, and whatnot.
>The chord changes in Put Your Head on My Shoulder, that progression that never gets to where it's supposed to.
This fucking guy though, he knows his shit