ITT: God tier folk/blues albums

ITT: God tier folk/blues albums

Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-jW-bgGPfWU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I always recommend this album, it is just so damn good.

tfw that album cover

First track sounds promising, thanks lad.

One day brother, one day...

I recommend his other work too. Our endless numbered days is pretty comfy and Kiss each other clean is a little different but definitely quite enjoyable. Haven't really listened to anything past that album yet though.

If we have folk and blues in here we gotta have some country.

Pic related is probably my favorite classic era Cash studio album.

You can't be a hipster (ie: a Sup Forumstant) fan of roots music and not love some Townes.

You can't be a country fan either, but that's a story for another time.

Pic related is some of the best old-time gospel. Blues and gospel weren't that far apart, musically at least, in the 20s and 30s. If you like one odds are you'll like the other.

Interestingly enough, Dylan toured with Mavis Staples again this year. Dylan proposed to her before Dylan became Dylan but she turned him down.

Anyone else still around?

Nice trips brah
You guys are champions, given me heaps to listen to.

a bit more on the country side but still good shit

youtube.com/watch?v=-jW-bgGPfWU

The Times They Are A'changin is a good folk album.
Also Jackson C Frank

Yeah I love The Times they are a chinagin'. One too many mornings is a particularly solid track.
Cheers, it's all welcome. Can't wait to give it a listen.

Iron and Wine sucks bro

Nah you're just being mean friend. Btw check out their Archivial Series and The Creek Drank the Cradle

Call me a wrong generationer if you like, country/folk/blues is one of the few genres where things were legitimately better in the past for the most part. Haven't heard anything contemporary (2000 and up) that's wow'd me like Dylan, Townes, etc.

I gotta agree with ya man. The indie folk stuff doesn't hold a candle to those guys

Classic

Might be kinda more in the rock n roll field, but what is everyone's favorite Elvis Album?

also more in the bluesy punk field but anyone a fan of deadmoon?

>their
It's one guy. He sucks

I prefer The Gun Club or The Gories

Sam beam has a band, but you're very mostly right

I gotta give those guys a listen then

[spoiler]Feel free to prove me wrong tho[/spoiler]