What will the next album be like? How do you feel about him working with Gaga?

What will the next album be like? How do you feel about him working with Gaga?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JTehpkc1PNY
youtube.com/watch?v=gdGqLAu4M1w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>How do you feel about him working with Gaga?

link? I feel it's predictable t b h

I feel like his next album is going to be the one where he sells out. I'm talking moreso than Currents. That's fine though, I'm okay with him further pursuing a poppier sound

She'll make him better.

It's just going to get poppier and poppier and poppier and poppier and poppier and then when he's about 40 he'll suddenly pull a Mark Hollis, drop two mindblowing rule-breaking albums and disappear from the public eye

>Innerspeaker: 60s psych
>Lonerism: 70s psych
>Current: 80s disco/synthpop

the new one is going to be 90s psych bubblegum pop, in the same vein as Art Angels

Hate to be the contrarian, but I think next album is going way back to the innerspeaker sound. He's mentioned a few times that he wants to get into composing long form songs (7+) with a progressive psych rock sound.

nice b8

I really liked lonerism, and absolutely fucking loved currents. I'm excited for what comes next, whatever it may be.

What about Innerspeaker?

I love the first two and listen to them pretty regularly, but not so much Currents.

Actually I'd see him pursuing 90's psychedelia sound, and we already know what that would be..

SHOEGAZE / NOISE POP /

>absolutely fucking loved currents

I've enjoyed it, but not as much as the others, and while it'd probably be in my top 50 albums, it wouldn't be too much higher.

I like what I like. Reddit has nothing to do with it. Don't even use it, fuck that censorship.

Why did everyone here hate currents? Is it because it was different from his first two albums?

My theory is that it was different enough to alienate some of the audience he had amassed through the relatively pure psych rock that was his earlier albums.

But you should use it's made for people like you, you'll have a lotsa wonderful discussions about your favorite bands Tame Impala and Gorillaz there
Just go

not him but
>people who don't dislike what I dislike should go to reddit
I have a helpful link here for you bud

Stop posting dude, you're embarrassing yourself

Anything else like Innerspeaker? I'll probably get lynched for this but that album eventually led me to psych like Parson Sound, United States, and Morgan Delt.

>He didn't absolutely fucking love currents

InnerSpeaker is the best

If this nigger comes for shoegaze I'll have to turn my band into a jazz outfit or some shit
Smfh all those fucking three-chord-and-ten-pedals psychedelia bands that showed up since he got started...

Because it became mainstream and everybody here loves to be a fucking hipster

I'd love it if they went back to do Innerspeaker like songs. But I'm not too crazy about longer songs.

Innerspeaker, Lonnerism, EPs, old demos, are very good.

Currents, not so much.

I'm waiting to be disappointed again.

I'm just hoping that he's going to revert back to a more rock-ish sound, I really don't mind Currents, but it's his longer psych rock songs that actually shine (Apocalypse Dreams, Alter Ego)

Correct
Incorrect

The fanbase he gained from Currents is also cancer. It's 13 year old girls on twitter who think they are different for liking Tame Impala.

Masterpiece.

youtube.com/watch?v=JTehpkc1PNY

oh come on currents wasn't that bad.

didn't like it at first but it grew on me

That's some hot shit desu

Kev doesn't really strike me as someone who would attempt a Shoegaze sound. His vocals are always up front, and his influences aren't really fitting for it.

The closest he got to a wall of sound was in 'Cause I'm a Man, I can see it though.

Imagine, not a wall of white noise, but just a wall of notes in this massive chord across all the insturments

youtube.com/watch?v=gdGqLAu4M1w