Why are they so different to the western world especially the other colonised countries?

Why are they so different to the western world especially the other colonised countries?
can they be considered western?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ua-mqmUQBkY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clash_of_Civilizations
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't want to be western.

Also we're fucked just because western wannabes.

quality thread

I've always thought of my country as being a western country.
I think there should be a third perspective.
Perhaps African World?
Brazil is a lot like african countries.

fuck no, just call us latin or whatever

how about sudaca?

I have always thought that we are considered Western only for being Christian majority.

Anyways, we should unite but not including Brazil, the only thing we share is the continent.

Why wouldn't they be western?

>Why are they so different to the western world especially the other colonised countries?
Haiti isn't very different to Africa.

Brazil is an African country.

They aren't western.

dictators, corruption, low quality of life, crime, not white etc
I see them (through american media) as more like subsaharan africa, they are christian nations but do not have the same ideals as us

Pretty different actually.

>christian
>believe in progress by reason and work
>scientific knowledge is the accepted official explanation in most(all) fields
>self hating af
>influenced mostly by european art
We are western, we're just shit at it.

Because Western is pretty much synonymous with white.

>Update
Not really.

Explain america then

Haiti is a derivative of French and African culture. Haitian creole is a French creole with mostly french words but a very different grammer.

im a weeb so im east asian

It's western for now.

Haiti shares everything more in common with a typical African country than with France, now BTFO!
youtube.com/watch?v=Ua-mqmUQBkY

What is western exactly?
nd who cares anyway?

They are western.. 90% of their culture is European including their languages.

In the future....south america will be paradise!

KEK, no.

>implying south america is western
FTFYFE

i think you're confusing 'western' with 'anglo'

everything except "not white" can be found in Europe too, and even that is beginning to change

>20
KEK no, indio negro culture isn't found in spain or any white country.

Daily reminder that this is a bait thread because people think we will get mad at other people not calling us western for some reason.

The truth is we aren't western by the popular idea of what "western" means, but a lot of the countries in the area are pretty much more European (not talking about race or economics here) than anything else.

But yeah, all things considered we aren't obviously western if we use the popular definition of it.

>no negro country can be found in any """"""white"""""" country
explain pic then

You are Indio, not western.

Shut up Lee.

Pic related is me. I'm a Nordic European you like it or no.

I've always thought of Argentina as a latino country, and I've always thought of latino culture as a culture and society of its own separate from western and eastern and etc.

Maybe it's just Argentina but I'm happy that we are not western nor white nor like Europe or USA, and that we are juste simple and happy latinos.

Why are Argentinians so racist??

>founded by europeans
>european religion
>european language
>european heritage
I don't see how this can be argued

Spain & Portugal are the lazy scum of Europe, this is hat happens when they procreate.

NO!

And fuck off! Go back to sniff petrol, Steve.

honorary white

putin said that not him lol

pootin admire messi and tries to act like him.

Is South America even "Western Civilization"? I'd say its heavily influenced by the west, but I can't really see it being part of the west.

If you can consider places like Albania western, SA could be considered I guess. No one down here really gives a shit tbqh.

I don't care much for "popular" definitions tbqh

There's some differences which do come from us also being heirs to non Western civilizations, nevermind havinf developed our own societies in different circumstances for some centuries. We are Western peoples tho see

Russia

>heavily influenced by the west
said no one ever
maybe in brazil you are influenced by the west and europe
but I was bred, born and raised in buenos aires argentina and believe me, european and general western culture is nothing like ours at all, they don't look like us, they don't speak like us and they don't even think the same way we do think and perceive life.
and don't use religion and language as an excuse because by those standards half of africa is western and that's clearly not it.

fuck westerns anyways.

South America is it's own thing, but I see them as fairly friendly towards to the West.

>Dictators
Reminder that 3 Latin countries have better democracies than France.

>argentina
>not western
lol

Wow, it's really sinking in how much of a shithole France has become.

we are closer to african culture than to western culture, leaving memes aside and bad jokes,
so 2/10 your petty banter, at least you made me reply.

its probably as western as japan

inb4 muh religion, muh language, muh architecture

>leaving memes aside
>entire post is full of memes

違う

fuck off

we have personality

違う

>said no one ever

Except that it is. I still don't consider it western. No need to tie your panties in a knot.

I enjoy comfy isolated South America, and if possible would like to remove as much as western, african, and indian influence as much as possible.

Brazil is Africa outside Africa

i haven't posted a single meme, just facts.

There's a lot of fucked places that aren't western wannabe and are culturally homogenous with nome of latin america's history. Just saying all of your problems are caused because you think there's a propensity towards wanting to be western is too simple.

You are right. Nothing of that (religion, language, architecture) really matters in classifying a culture as western.

South America is distinct from the West.

good, it enrages me when someone toys around with the idea of Latin America being western, I mean, I don't even care about latin america but I don't like my argentina being included on the shit western list by extension.

we are latinos esse

enfermo mental no te cansas nunca de repetir las mismas pelotudeces todo el dia

cálmate

Sera Boliviano?

shitlekistan is not western

It has a lot of differences though if you bother to learn about cultures in Africa.

I don't want to be western

god knows nothing good ever comes of being allied with europe or the US

Many places can be considered western but it isn't because of some x people can't be western or "western can't be poor". What makes a culture to not western.

I'd say they're like SEA countries.

>colonialized by the west
>has unique culture
>has nice food
>mostly a corrupt and lawless shithole where human life is not valuable, comparatively at least
>cheap
>you don't give a fuck about anything if you're rich enough

The only major difference I'd say would be sudacas don't value whiteys as much as SEAmonkeys do, most likely due to having whiteys themselves here and there because of all the imperialist dicc they received.

>turkey calling other countries corrupt, lawless shitholes where human life is not valuable

wew lad

Where I'm from doesn't change the accuracy of what I say, you monkey.

Huntington was a hack

"Latin American. Includes Central America, South America (excluding Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana), Cuba, the Dominican Republic, and Mexico. May be considered a part of Western civilization. Many people of the Southern Cone and Mexico regard themselves as full members of the Western civilization."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clash_of_Civilizations

Basically this is just a rationalization of exclusively American views on civilizational boundaries matching their prejudices and geopolitical aspirations.

Western means descended from Greco-Roman culture which LATIN America certainly is, this means Western philosophy, the fine arts, science and history.

same can be said about Roachland though

>Many people of the Southern Cone
we don't
we don't even considers ourselves western or any of that shit

speak for yourself mexicano sucio.

>Western philosophy, the fine arts, science and history.

UHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEEHEUHEEUHEUHEUHEHEUHEEUUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEEHEUHEEUHEUHEUHEHEUHEEUUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEEHEUHEEUHEUHEUHEHEUHEEUUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEEHEUHEEUHEUHEUHEHEUHEEUUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEEHEUHEEUHEUHEUHEHEUHEEUUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEUHEEHEUHEEUHEUHEUHEHEUHEEUUHEUHEUHEUHE

>being a cuck
i aint none of that western shit im a nigga

It does though

you cannot have a proper idea of what human rights or government transparency is because your country must be one of the shittiest ones in the planet regarding these things

we do not

remember to hide bait threads
sage btw

You have got a point. SEA and LAT are very similar. SEA countries are way more diverse in the sence that some of their countries are first worlf tier (Singapur) and others (Myanmar) are wey worst than even the poorest countries in LAT.
LAT is also wey more Europe influenced, even tho it is also strongly influenced by african and amerindian culture.

Yes, and the flag above my post is me. I am, in fact, the entire country of Turkey. My opinions are therefore irrelevant because everyone knows entire countries always have a singular and impervious outlook on matters.

It's funny how this shithole of a board is so obsessed with roleplaying as their flags.

True, I couldn't contest that argument. However the sole reason I did not include Turkey, or Middle East in general is because of how SEA and SA are influenced much more by western colonialist values, rather than eastern and Islamic values.

Yes, that was my biggest point in that post, thank you. The income gap is extremely massive, which makes life not much different in those countries as opposed to western ones if you're rich, but you're shit out of luck if you're poor.

Why despise the idea of being in the western cultural sphere though? If you say it makes you a cuck then it's in the same way egyptians are cucks for being muslims and considering themselves arabs. Aka, they're not cucks except for a super meme sense.

I don't understand why it's so crazy to think that latin america is more western influenced than not.

chilestine

>this means Western philosophy, the fine arts, science and history.

Issue is when Western science isn't called western fine arts, science and history. It's just called science, history etc. Western is the default.

Because the image of the group clashes with the definition.

Also it's super inclusive. Everyone adheres to "western" science because it's just called science. Just like how traditional medicine that works is just call medicine.

Every country in the world went under a process of "westernization", yes. Japan and China are westernized governments, technology, and with westernized lifestyles, same with pretty much everywhere. However, that doesn't mean they're culturally western. Latin America has enough actual cultural overlap with the west that they can claim that.

Mestizo maligno is why

"Western" is a buzzword at this point. The Cold War and Anglo bullshit has made the concept useless.

In the historical cultural meaning Latin America would classify as western since its language, religion and instiutions are based on western european ones, not to mention that racially the continent has the highest %of yuro blood outside of Europe and the Anglo colonies. There are some countries with substantial indigenous influence like Bolivia or Guatemala though, and it's hard to see them as western.

Even then, it would probably be best to qualify the region as a sub group within the Western World because it does share some traits that differentiate it from the rest, while not having enough differences to warrant its own "group" or "culture".

However, the modern meaning of "western" means being rich and politically aligned to the US, that's why some people claim Japan or Korea are western when they are as eastern as it gets.

that was a quote from the book

exactly, I think there's some confusion as to what's actually meant by "western" itt

Going by the historical a lot of nations in Asia and Africa woudl fall under Western or "pretty much" western

Nothing wrong with that but there'd be a dissonance n some people.

Globalization has made things very confusing.

What would be your definition of western?

It's generally implied as the term fine arts is specific and there's no such thing as non-Western science. Arguably your point stands for philosophy although history, as in it's critical view rather than just record, could go either way.

Yes, everyone who has adopted these has become "Westernized" but there'a a difference in between these elements being a part of ancestral culture, as it is in Latin America where the overwhelming majority of the population does hold some degree of European ancestry, and these having become widely adopted as in the case of Japan.

they are different because of years of druglord dominance, internal conflict and international political/military interventions leading to an unstable and underdeveloped region

This is why some people don´t think that much of Russia as a western country, even though their culture is literally derived from european culture. Just because they are not aligned with the US at this point in time.

honestly I got nothing because whatever I came up with collapsed under any type of scrutiny or analyse.