Nick Cave - Skeleton Tree

odd this hasn't leaked yet. no advanced reviews either. hope it's a good one and not a Nocturama-type dud.

I think it will of high-quality. I have never listened to a Nick Cave record fully, because I don't trust the album covers, but I think this album will be good, because it is born of tragedy.

well, i hope it's a great one, too, but i think you're mistaken about the born of tragedy part. Skeleton Key was well into production when Cave's son passed away. all the songs were written already and waiting to be recorded. Cave and the band then recorded the songs, and film, after the tragedy. i also read they recorded that album quicker than anyone before. that's what i'm worried about. the last time he recorded an album quickly it was Nocturama and that one was kinda not good.

Jesos alone isn't even a song, didn't like it, hope he will get this out of the way fast and produce more masterpieces like in the early 00s.
Album cover is stupid too, I don't wanna scrobble this at all desu.
nocturama is great shut the fuck up
you're a faggot

no Cave fans here? i figured Peaky Blinders would have given his music more prominence around these parts.

>nocturama is great shut the fuck up
it is one of his weaker albums. no stand out tracks. he oversings in some. it sounds like a collection of b-sides or demos, really.

Jesus Alone sounds like a continuation of the Push the Sky Away aesthetic. i don't mind he's straying from rock as long as he keeps it interesting.

also, who cares about album covers? we're talking about music here.

>I have never listened to a Nick Cave record fully, because I don't trust the album covers

What?

Not entirely related, but the assassination of Jesse James soundtrack is my favorite Nick cave work and it's not even close

lol. these are the type of people on Sup Forums, hell, all of Sup Forums, i have to deal with any time i start a thread.

yeah, great soundtrack. i'm going to watch Far From Men later today and pay particular attention to the soundtrack, as Cave and Ellis worked on it. also the Hell or Highwater one, but that film's not playing in my local cinema.

But like... What? How does that sentence even make sense? Does he expect that the album covers are going to attack him if he listens past track 5 or something?

just live in relative comfort knowing there are people among us who judge music by what's on album covers. it's a strange world, mate.

nothing wrong with judging things by their cover
but I don't see what wrong with nick cave covers, most of them are just his face, if you're turned off by that you'd never get the music anyway, you're obviously a millenial

>nothing wrong with judging things by their cover
that's where i disagree with you. ok, maybe not wrong, per se, but definitely stupid. especially when it comes to music, books, movies, etc, where you're judging quality and entertainment value by a piece of photography or artwork only peripherally related to the product. "don't judge a book by its cover." there's a reason that aphorism resonates, mate. and what does being a millenial have anything to do with the topic at hand?

he obviously considers it an outdated aesthetic and that's why he was never drawn to the music after seeing the covers

I've been judging things by their cover and people by their faces my whole life and it has never let me down

maybe you're just not good at it, I'm sorry that you have to stuff your mouth to figure out if something is shit or butter

"Jesus Alone" wasn't convincing. Supposed to be all dark and emotional but got nothing from it.

Let's hope the rest is better.

>I've been judging things by their cover and people by their faces my whole life and it has never let me down
lol. i sincerely doubt that. well, unless you don't get out much or have yet to graduate to higher education.

>maybe you're just not good at it
at judging the quality of music by looking at cd covers? at judging books by what is on the dust jacket? sorry, mate, you can posture all you want but it's still a juvenile and dumb practice.

you throw the words "quality" and "value" around a lot, and it's pretty pathetic because you probably have a very distorted view of what makes quality this and quality that

all I'm saying is, if you can't correctly assume a couple things by looking at an album cover or a book cover you're either a pretentious douchebag clinging on this stupid aphorism or genuinely incapable of piecing together a couple basic thoughts

>you throw the words "quality" and "value" around a lot, and it's pretty pathetic because you probably have a very distorted view of what makes quality this and quality that
what does this even mean? you have made no point here.

look, your arguments are based on assumptions, mate. you have no leg to stand on in anything you have said apart from the empirically obvious and the ad hominems. i pointed out the obvious imbecility of judging music by its cover sleeve and you attempt to turn it around and accuse me of being submoronic and then widen the goal posts. that's not how it works, mate. learn how to argue, then we'll do this again some day.

Nigga, what r u talking about, Jesus Alone was great. Hyped.

we have over 100 copies of the cd at my work. I could have listened to it today but I'm sorry to say I didn't.

aw, would have taken kindly to a review. no problem, though, as the album is out in a couple of days. besides the film, Cave isn't doing any press for the album, for obvious reasons, so i think there's not much hype behind it.

All Nick Cave albums are duds