Many of today's artists will go on to have long careers, and will continue to release new albums for the next 20, 30...

Many of today's artists will go on to have long careers, and will continue to release new albums for the next 20, 30, even 40 years.

Which of today's artists do you think will still be releasing quality material in 20 years? Which band's output will you still be following?

For example, I will probably listen to every new album Radiohead puts out until they die.

Can't wait to see what Death Grips will be releasing in 2040

>people not knowing Kid A was Green Day

None of them because today's generation is very ADHD when it comes to music and they put appearance and image above talent. The generation born in the 00's is going to look at Radiohead the way you youngsters view U2. So if you are a fan of RH get used to defending them now.

I don't think Radiohead are gonna fall quality wise as hard as U2 did though. It's likely they'll end up hitting a point of diminishing returns at some point (personally I don't think they have yet) but I can't imagine them doing anything as insipid as I'll Go Crazy if I Don't Go Crazy Tonight.

At this rate, there are at the absolute most like three Radiohead albums left in Thom.
Realistically only one.

I honestly think Animal Collective just might keep going for like another 10 years, and they will probably be good. I have enough faith in their creativity to know they haven't lost it. I know people didn't like painting with, but you have to admit it was at least creative, they haven't run out of ideas, they just go down paths people don't like sometimes, like when they released Danse and Campfire Songs (even though I really like campfire songs I know of other people that don't) they still have enough creativity to experiment, which is impressive when you realize how long they've been at it.

They've reached their peak popularity wise, but I agree otherwise

oh yeah definitely but some of Radiohead's best work wasn't made while they were at they're peak in popularity, or even bands like Weezer, or XTC

>you will be alive when Thom Yorke finally loses his battle against depression and kills himself

Radiohead will, in time, have the reputation pink floyd has today.

None, because they aren't even releasing quality material now

Anco never had creativity

They actually have a better bad album/good album ratio than pink floyd

How do they not have creativity?

Their music sounds like a shitty unfocused mishmash of every shit experimental crap they listened to

AnCo sounds exactly like the music I fantasized of making when I was a 14 year old avant-teen discovering psychedelic music

Then why didn't you make it?

The sounds they make with synths are almost unmatched, indescribable even. If you could imagine something like "In the Flowers" when you were 14 you are the most brilliant person on Sup Forums I've ever come across

This
If anything Coldplay is probably closer to u2

Grimes

Agreed. U2's closest parable is probably Green Day.

>today's generation
Stopped reading right there. You're retarded.

Do you not identify as "Today's generation"?
You certainly wouldn't identify as mine. I'm 55 years old and I certainly can't identify as yours.
I have seen many music trends come and go and was usually pretty accurate at knowing who would longevity in the industry and who would not. I was just posting the trends as i see them based off of 40 years of seeing musical genres come and go as far as popularity goes. I usded U2 as an example. From 1987 to about 1995 U2 could do no wrong. They had their base in college/alternative radio and crossed over to mainstream rock/pop genres and were pretty much globally loved. I see many parallels with Radiohead.

There was plenty of shitty music released in the 70s and 80s lol, pop music has always been about appearance.

>being this retarded

80's this is true. 70's not so much. We usually heard artists inn the 60's and early 70's way before we actually had any clue what they looked like. Today at least from a pop perspective image is what sells first and if the vocal/musical talent isn't there it is created synthetically with auto-tune.

>Implying Thom Yorke isn't going to die next week

seriously though, probably Queens of the Stone Age. Josh Homme just seems like one of those rockers that will play his whole life, and I think he'll keep the quality up.

3rd Avalanches LP in 2032

the beatles literally stopped touring because of the screaming girls at their concerts, appearance matters

plus now theres so much more music and so many easy ways to find obscure music, and you can now have most classic music within seconds. its objectively the best time in history for music rn

but what he/she is saying is that they loved them because they made music, not because of their image

True. But your using artists that were l;iterally visually everywhere (all networks, magazines, newspapers) as an example.The Mama's and the Papa's music was heard way before anyone actually knew that Cass Elliot was extremely overweight. But today she would have image known and judged way before everyone was exposed to her music.

This

Except U2 was actually good at one point

Time will tell if your vision or mine becomes reality. Keep in mind that as much as you love/respect Radiohead. They are not now or have ever been as globally popular across multi genres as U2 were during the time-span I referenced.

Mac Demarco
>Can crossover from indie darling stardom to making Blues-Country/Folk like Sun Kil Moon or Beck

Frank Ocean

Not even memeing.

I think he'll end up the Bowie of Hip Hop, except--within the context of his genre--even more critically acclaimed. No doubt, at some point his own creative drive will succumb to age, but because he seems to have a talent for identifying and collaborating with the greatest artists/composers of the day, he'll probably always be putting out albums that are worth a listen.

Danse and Campfire are their best two albums user...

yeah I'm looking forward to how Kanye will handle his slow decline into irrelevance when he's in his 50s

that's fine for you to think that, but you are in a minority. most fans prefer their later stuff like MPP/SJ/Feels/Sung Tongs

Danse, CS, and HCTI