Can we have a sad albums thread that aren't about love lives/relationships, etc?

Can we have a sad albums thread that aren't about love lives/relationships, etc?

pic semi related, i guess

I dont even know what its about but parts of it are sad

Here ya go brudah...

im on mobile and its a bitch to reverse image search, mind telling me the name bro?

shameless self bump
please guys, i need these right now

Agaetis Byrjun by Sigur Ros
Its sung in this made up language the band made and its super atmospheric and beautiful with some moments leaving you in complete and utter awe

Sigur Rós - Ágætis byrjun

heard nick drakes pink moon was sad, even though I havent listened to it

What are some albums about being a disappointment or failure?

Most of it is in Icelandic, but you are right, some parts are just gibberish. Very good album.

That album's more uplifting to me imo. Makes me think of my childhood innocence and makes me sad from nostalgia. () is sadder imo because I personally associate it with going through your memories of loved ones and cool moments before you die

Why do you need these?

Its both, its sad and beautiful and when "that moment" hits its so uplifting that it almost makes me cry

i'd rather not get into specifics, but i'm beyond sad and i need something to trigger a cathartic release before i do some stupid shit

Well best of luck to you man, hope you feel better

unironically this

This album gives me the feeling of crippling loneliness and want to die, but it's so beautiful.

You must be new to music

i fucking love itaots, but how is that sad? maybe communist daughter and 2 headed boy, yeah.

Balam Acab - Wander/Wonder for you mobile friend. Also, there is a website for it. Just google "mobile reverse image", it's first site, ctrlq.

thanks man, this board isnt nearly as bad as people say it is

>that aren't about love lives/relationships, etc

nah man, i've just been into hip-hop for years. only really started giving other things a chance when i first started coming to Sup Forums maybe two months ago, so i'm pretty musically illiterate on the whole

not him, but theres something that feels so melancholy even in its happiest moments, something is just so "off" about it

i'm sure you felt really cool when you made this reply

it might help to know the album's background. after reading Anne Frank's diary, Magnum felt miserable that someone so innocent/positive could have been killed during the holocaust. the entire album is him funnelling this feel.

"Push my fingers through your mouth to make those muscles move that made your voice so smooth and sweet" - aside from the literal image, this also figuratively refers to him reading her diary, moving his fingers through the "pages" that have immortalised her voice.

"Watching spirals of white softly flow over your eyelids" spirals of white = the ash clouds from the concentration camp furnaces.

"There are lights in the clouds
Anne's ghost all around
Hear her voice as it's rolling and ringing through me
Soft and sweet
How the notes all bend and reach above the trees"

"The only girl i ever loved, was born with roses in her eyes, and then they buried her alive, one evening 1985"

"And when we meet on a cloud
I'll be laughing out loud
I'll be laughing with everyone I see"

"I know they buried her body with others
Her sister and mother and five-hundred families
And will she remember me fifty years later?
I wished I could save her in some sort of time machine"

"Brother, see we are one in the same
And you left with your head filled with flames
And you watched as your brains fell out through your teeth
Push the pieces in place
Make your smile sweet to see"
--Hitler, who set off all this stuff even though he's "one in the same", and who shot himself in the head when he lost the war.

It was about the death of their family, so I'd label that as relationships

crywank's stuff is p good, as is flatsound/

their albums involve relationship stuff but it's mostly centered round the artist

it includes it, but i'd argue that the album's predominant tragedy is the loss of childhood innocence.

>feeling cool on an anonymous image board

Mm. Fair enough

Nick Drake- Pink Moon. Read a little about his life. It makes it all the more real.