Did I fall for the meme? Is this just the proto Tenacious D with higher production?

Did I fall for the meme? Is this just the proto Tenacious D with higher production?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c6EVPv_vpWU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a quality album. In fact, it is a work of art.

It's very good. Did you expect it to be prog or something even remotely serious?

Nah it's a masterpiece

I was expecting something a little more cohesive and serious based on how much this album is shilled on this board. Then again Beefheart is Sup Forums and I haven't listened to it enough to get into it, really.

I don't know if I get it yet.

It's very cohesive, what are you talking about?

It walks the line between comedy and a serious album, but that's part of why Ween is so great.
Ween made me realize Seriousness doesn't always make something better.
The only thing that isn't cohesive in the album is genre.
Quebec is slightly more straightforward, but mostly in structure and chances are you won't realize what it's doing until you are somewhere between Captain and The Argus.

it feels like a collection of short stories written by different authors under a similar theme.

Fresh, sweet pasta

I just came up with this user.
If you want to make this a pasta to explain Ween, it should work.
If you think this is funny, explain what's wrong with it.

>muh le quirky epicness xD
>none of the songs of the album follow any line except the fact that muh ocean songs xD but its cohesive i swearrr
>Ween made me realize something obvious to anyone over 12 years old
>It literally took me a quirky album to see the greatness in parodying and humor
>I have no idea of who is Miguel de Cervantes or Johnathan Swift

I could go on...

Nu-mu is just fucking sickening.

this

OCEAN MAN

get over yourself

>>none of the songs of the album follow any line except the fact that muh ocean songs xD but its cohesive i swearrr
The POINT is that they aren't of the same genre. Also there have been concept albums with SIGNIFICANTLY looser concepts than The Mollusk.

>muh le quirky epicness xD
-_- You will never understand Brown.

>It literally took me a quirky album to see the greatness in parodying and humor
Humor =/= Parody, Faggot.

>I have no idea of who is Miguel de Cervantes or Johnathan Swift
I don't and I don't care, your elitism doesn't make your cock any bigger.

Every response you gave me just makes me give off the look you give when your four year old just told you he pooped but he missed the toilet.
basically

you're a pretentious ass

>He proved I am an autistic kid
>Ha! Y-your sooo full of y-yourself

Yikes!

Autism

Really dude, nobody gives a shit.
You probably have less friends on this board than you think.

TAKE ME BY THE HAND

>I don't and I don't care, your elitism doesn't make your cock any bigger.
>-_- You will never understand Brown.
>Humor =/= Parody, Faggot.

kek is this b8?

Nice buzzword! Do you have any counterargument though?

Themes literally create cohesion. They are nearly synonyms in this case.

>literally no arguments

I'm done.

bye

>Literally a cunt

This is more like it.

I could agree, but the concept isn't enough to create cohesion between an album that is changing genres and techniques at every moment. This isn't a problem, by the way; I'm just saying that cohesion isn't really a strong point of this record, if that's what you're looking for.

But I see your point.

You didn't give one in the first place.
You used "xD" as a point TWICE.
Then you used "12 year old"
And half of the rest was just insults. I can't argue with an insult I can just be offended and call you a faggot.
Then you referenced two classical composers assuming they aren't obscure in modern day.
I can smell your pretense.

the fact that you're actually proud to have been a long term member of this shithole is an immediate flag to begin with, but what's even funnier is that you think that Sup Forums hasn't always jerked off over the mollusk and ween in general. but have fun in muh secret club that you weren't actually a part of since you're probably 16 years old.

Everytime i see a ween post this plays in my head.

youtube.com/watch?v=c6EVPv_vpWU

Why?

>Miguel de Cervantes and Johnathan Swift are composers

Top wew lad

Are you fucking retarded?

just...

>caring about what this board likes
>implying i'm an oldfag
>implying you aren't just part of a the new waves of faggots fresh off reddit

also

>They are obscure at all

Nah man you're just a 16 year old uncultured faggot.

>discussing music

No, are you?

I googled both of them lazily and saw their pictures were portraits, so this being a music board I assumed naturally they were composers, I didn't really read that far because quite frankly, your post really didn't feel like it really deserved that much effort since there probably wasn't that much put into it to begin with. I know that sounds pretensious, but I'm stretching that effort even now.
This is expert trolling you're on, and if it's not you should be ashamed.

9/10th of the college students I've talked don't know who Sonic Youth are. They are fucking obscure, I don't care what circles you discuss them in.

Ween is okay.

They pull together some good/fun concepts every now and then but mostly it's just half baked.

What you need to understand about Sup Forums though is that they use music as a way of projecting their insecurities and when you say something bad about music they like you're damaging their very fragile egos. Don't expect any substantial responses.

literally spouting off more crap that proves you to be an obnoxious teenager with no friends. never said anything about being proud of being an "oldfag" or that i gave a shit about what this board likes, and where does reddit even come into play here?

Jesus fucking christ you HAVE to be baiting.

>college guys don't know who they are
>they must be obscure!

So Swans and Ween are now obscure too, huh?

Also
>9/10th of the college students I've talked

I'm getting a very suspicious highschool vibe, user.

this

>falling for the Ween maymay

Daily reminder that: "Fuck you I like the music and don't care about your opinion" is a valid argument in music discussion.

>I'm done

How do you expect ME to know who the fuck they are?
That's my fucking point. Are you that up your own ass? I am so fucking sick of your gross ass.

I mean, I literally wrote this ()

No one bothered to engage in discussion. It seems that if you don't talk to anons like we're in a hugbox, they get too triggered to defende their opinions, you included.

>there are people alive right now who honestly believe there has existed a better guitarist than deaner

>9/10th of the college students I've talked don't know who Sonic Youth are.

Do you go to college in Afghanistan?

wew man calm down user.

Just because you're an uncultured swine doesn't mean you're a complete failure.

Chin up boy!

This is subjective, but to me Polka Dot Tail, Mutilated Lips, The Golden Eel and Ocean Man all sound like they're under water. I can't help but picture the sea floor when hearing any of those. It may be the lyrics that make me think that, but specifically the use of distorted percussion elements with a bunch of reverb in the background make me think of being underwater for some reason. The Mollusk reminds me of the shore. Whether or not these elements actually give the listener the impression that they're under water is really irrelevant though, because the point is that the same "sound" is present throughout the album, whatever that sound is.

The Blarney Stone itself is literally a sea shanty, which is more than just lyrics. I mean the lyrics aren't even particularly ocean-related, yet it maintains the theme because of the music. Similarly, She Wanted To Leave is a sea shanty.

The album is very focused. The band went to the jersey shore and lived in beach house, recorded songs and went fishing. The genre disparity can make it seem all over the place, but I think that's just because you're not used to Ween.

Another element that is ever present is the Ween sound, which you really can't point out exactly. You kind of have to listen to their other stuff to see what I mean.

I go to community college. Where do you to college, Boston, or Portland Oregon?

This t b h f a m

i never said i had anything against ween if you quoted the right person. dude i replied to was being a butthurt piece of shit trying to bring up fake evidence of him being an "oldfag" (his words not mine), i called him out for it

Hey, I live in Portland.

Oh I did, I mean to reply to

Why does that seem incoherent to you? Sounds like quite a feat to pull off in my opinion.

>wh-why can't they just play one style of music

None of this has to do with the issue at hand.
Ween:
>studied, accomplished musicians who can turn any of their songs into a 30 minute live improvisation at a whim
>able to assume any musical identity with virtuoso-level precision, which is no joke when you are aping the likes of Wishbone Ash and Thin Lizzy
>despite being such chameleons they have a distinct character that permeates everything they do
I feel bad for people who don't understand how god-tier this band is.

Nan I meant that I liked that about the album.

good or else you and me would have had a fucking problem

LEAD ME TO THE LAND

uh oh