almost time to not discuss metal on Sup Forums for another 6 months

IN THE SHADOW OF THE HORNS!!!!
Who thinks that is one of the best tracks

Kathaarian Life Code
In the Shadow of the Horns
A Blaze in the Northern Sky

best 3 tracks
the others are good too tho

Darkthrone should have made more albums with this production setup. I was dissopotined back when I first listened to Translvanian Hunger after BLAZE but that album is more about atmosphere. The title track of that album is the only one I really bother with, but occationallty I listen to the whole album, and it is still pretty solid, 3.5/5. (Transylvanian Hunger). I think that last track En As I Dype Skogen is great too though.

How about Under a Funeral Moon? It's got similar production to ABITNS but it's unique in its own way and occassionally I find I prefer the production on UAFM more. It took the longest to grow on me after TH and ABITNS but boy was it satisfying when it did.

I've never really listened to black metal. where do I start other than burzum

Darkthrone unholy trinity

So excited. Especially for the /NBBMN/ threads on Sup Forums, which are always incredible. I

What are you guys listening to right now?
>Throndt - Throndt

kek only if you're into atmoshit, R I F F S are always good

I really dont remember that one, I may I have listened to it one time. After listening to ..Hunger, I was tired with the band,so I didnt want to bother with UAFM as it looked like more of the same, it seemed more of an after thought of an album. But it did come out before HUNGER, but Hunger was the more famous one I found so I listened to it before the other one, but with Blaze somoehow being the first one I ended up listening to.I put off listening to Moon for a long time, but I think it was actually pretty good when I did listen to it...but then I forgot about it. But the thing was that I was so attached to BLAZE and the track In The Shadow of The Horns, that I actually was concerned that Moon would ruin it for me or something like I didnt want to listen to anything new by the band. I also checked out The Underground Resistance becaause I was too curious and that is a very solid and fun album, and listening to it now to double check I am pretty sure I was excited to hear that they revisited the kind of metal band sound of BLAZE on it but the modern production is clean enough that it seems almost too unsimilar and just similar to a modern metal band, without a lot of the lo-fi atmosphere.

Can't wait for NBBMN

...I think I first heard about Transylvanian Hunger so I went and I thought I was listening to that, but I ended up listening to A Blaze in the Northern Sky. Then I heard "Horns" and it was love at first listen. Why does Darkthrones albums have to look so similar? Somtimes I still look at A Blaze in the Northern Sky's front cover and all I think is "This is Transylvanian Hunger" like there is no doubt about it, but nope it isnt called that.

The production on UAFM is definitely raw but not nearly as raw as TH. However, once you get used to it and really get into it, the riffs really rival those on ABITNS as the best from Darkthrone. I would go as far as to say it might lowkey be the best Darkthrone album.

You know it says the title on all the covers right?

Wow great gee thanks for the advice.

where do I start with metal?

I liked that sunbather meme album

Metal in General? Listen to the death metal band "DEATH" and their whole discography, then after that, who cares. Find more good bands or try to.

>tfw dying to listen to some paysage d'hiver but it's still to fucking hot out