Why does USA have a billion states and populated from coast to coast while Australia has five states and almost fuckall?

Why does USA have a billion states and populated from coast to coast while Australia has five states and almost fuckall?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coober_Pedy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telfer,_Western_Australia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiwirrkurra_Community,_Western_Australia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eromanga,_Queensland
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papunya
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We got cucked out of european immigrants

Abbos didn't make good slaves

no water

also we are, in fact, full

Half of the country is desert

>half

understatement

Australia will be the next US
Or Canada but yanks are already leeching off their resources

the interior of the US is very habitable. some of the longest tracts of navigable rivers in the world, overlaying lots of arable land. The government system forces state investment in the interior and rural area, unlike some countries that only invest in coastal cities and ignore their rural regions.

Geography.

Only about 15% of Australia is inhabitable whereas the US had the most navigable rivers and arable land of any country, making it massively suitable for humans.

It's a wasteland

boy we sure lucked out :')

Because they're better

I heard that you Australiabros have like sheep stations and shit (US word: ranch) like 600 or 1000 miles away from the nearest civilization... I doubt you could get any more desolate than say 75 or so miles out in the U.S.

Any of you Aussies ever been to, lived on, or worked at such a cattle/sheep station?

Been near one.

They're bleak.

auspenis

What happens our in the middle of fucking nowhere in Australia? Just a bunch of abbos lying on the road and lighting shit on fire or what?

>luck
America is Jesus' favorite country and always has been.

>only have about 23 million people
>populate 90% of the board
Stop pretending to be Australians you proxy cunts.

Nothing, it's a wasteland.

mining or worldwide surveillance on the enemies of the 5 eyes nations or the universe

Look at Finland, they have less than 6 million inhabitants and yet manage to make up a considerable chunk of the user base

Well yeah, everybody knows jews love america

Who doesn't love America?

this

get a load of this drongo

Lies, the vast majority of Australia is in fact habitable, it's just no as habitable as the coasts and people have no reason to inhabit it.

Don't worry they'll break 100 million in population once the chinese start moving in

ISIS and rest of the world

Australia is uninhabitable.

Nah, there is just no motivation to colonise the centre of the country. Everything but the red is fully habitable

Yeah but I mean humans.

Whole world.

wtf I love australia now

Yeah, the American West isn't much better than the Outback and is far more inhabited, but then again it does have the Colorado River.

The red is pretty much uninhabitable in any permanent way, and some of the yellow has a very small amount or undrinkable bore water too. We definitely could have more people living in the yellow, but why would we, there's nothing there and god it would be bleak and depressing.

>The red is pretty much uninhabitable in any permanent way

Have you seen the middle east?

Probably also because Americans take "because it's there" as an adequate reason to settle a place.

Don't forget that half of the American west is running out of water now.

Colonising a place doesn't mean the colony is sustainable, economically or environmentally.

Yes and I don't care for it. Most of the middle east isn't as far from a coast as inner Aus as well.

>Don't forget that half of the American west is running out of water now.
That's mostly California, which sustains a shitton of agriculture. Agreed in general, though.

Pumping water inland isn't hard. The point is that we could settle the inner parts of the continent but we have no need or desire to do so.

Places I just learned about on the Internet

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coober_Pedy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telfer,_Western_Australia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiwirrkurra_Community,_Western_Australia

Now go there and report back

FUCKING SCOOBY DOO

Looking at pictures of these remote communities in the Australian desert. Holy fuck, man.

racist

>tfw no underground weebcave in Coober Pedy

>tfw Australians will never fill up lake Eyre with fresh water turning the wasteland around it into a lush garden

The US has more than twice the population of the UK, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand combined. Really makes you think.

Because about 90% of Australia is an inhospitable shithole. Same reason Canada has only 30 million people and 10 provinces, even if we're the second biggest country on Earth.

Let's purchase one, together.

Because Australia is a barren shithole outside the coastal regions.

Australia seems like a good place to invade desu.

sounds romantic

it's completely the opposite

I know, I just wanted some "fuck off, we're full" comments from Australians.

When I was younger I wanted to move to Australia, but after hearing they are 1/4 Chinese and 1/4 Indian now, not so much any more

actually afaik we're trading some of our brown refugees to america for some peurto rican regugees (or some other mexican-type people).

Pretty sure we're about 85% white. Not that I actually give a shit. Why would you want to move here anyway?

I worked on a sheep station for a few weeks. It was an hour drive to the nearest town of about 250 people. It was alright, payed well

>payed

Because it's cheaper to settle the coasts

>sheep stations
wait, is this a real thing you guys say or am I being rused?

I was naive and fell for the outback meme

It's real

Wool was the biggest export of australia back in the day. It's been said that australia was built on the back of the sheep. There are still a lot of sheep farms and wool is still a decently large industry here. What's funny about sheep stations?

dummkopf

Do Australians like ice hockey?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eromanga,_Queensland

ZOINKS

>it's completely the opposite
how so, isn't all the population in nice small concentrated centers that can be invaded from the sea? Or can you actually retreat into the barren interior like desert Russians?

I keep up with it every now and again. I barrack for the calgary flames. But no, we don't. We like field hockey but that only comes up during the olympics.

Our navy is the strongest part of our defence force. But if someone did manage to invade, taking over the cities would be relatively easy I suppose. But we're extremely far away from everything so supply lines would be tough to maintain.

And yeah, we have no guns but we are cunts so you can count on us retreating and taking back our land through guerilla war.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papunya

Hey, that's cool. Why'd you do it, where'd you get the opportunity?

Been looking at pictures of some of the highways that connect desert places in Australia, like the one that goes through Telfer. I know Slim Dusty wrote a lot of trucking songs but do you really have guys driving tractor trailers across that desert to get from one side of the country to another faster? It's amazing...

I just want to live out the mateship of my dreams like in the movies

Most of the US interior is pretty empty too. It's still more populated, because it's much more habitable than than the australian interior.

Australians are not very bright people.

>prosper on the coast
>mine the fuck out of the middle that nobody cares about

Seems like a pretty good system to be honest.