i got banned once for talking shit about M.I.A, so yes

Post link

it isnt trip-hop, so not at all

www57.zippyshare.com/v/YArvhzLY/file.html

is it anything like paper planes?
that shit dope af

>Woman making "Music"
No

Does P4k still try to kill her career because she shit on them in an interview once?

Expect the record to get panned and then every album that sounds exactly like it in three years to get BNM 10.0 AOTY reviews just like her last few releases.

i feel like each time an artist talks shit about p4k they act like they're mad for a week or 2 and then go back to praising them hoping that everyone forgot about it

good but Matangi is better

M.I.A. has a dick tho

Disgusting

VISA is fire.

i can't believe "borders" is the lead single on this

>*buzzword* wassup wit that
>hook x2
>*generic crescendo snare trap buildup*
>bridge
>repeat

the production is on point (and the video as usually is outstanding) but it lacks the gimmicks that made MIA great 10 years ago

She is the most overrated pop musician in awhile
rather listen to fucking elysia crampton at this point

it's legit

it's legit you fucking pussy

epic facebook meme

you know the deeper i get into the tracklist the more i realize that this is actually classic MIA
i think like it.

>I'm a swagger man
>Rolling in my swagger van
>From the People's Republic Of Swagistan
this shit got me

Actually, the meme is subverted, so it's not a meme. I also produced this so what this is is OC, not a meme.

ksy reddit

>implying reddit would use "nigger" rather than "nigga" like the nigger meme goes

You're a nigger.

I can't wait for Fandango to pan it so all of you will start hating it.

How about you form your own fucking opinions.

Do I like it?

that lines lit. I'd grind that shit up and snort it

lmfao

all opinions are a group thing. there is no such thing as a truly individual opinion.

Sup Forums doesn't
remember what happened with that Miley Cyrus record?

>being this much of a pussy

I'm finishing first listen right now, felt too long. Has some great moments though, it's not bad just uneventful on the last 15mins or so.

>mfw that line came up

listening it now and it doesn't seem nearly that bad, ironic they gave Yeezus nearly a 10 years later when it was essentially following that same trend. I mean definitely not as good as her first two but they can't all be

Is it as bad as all the snippets/singles made it seem? How does it compare to her other albums?

This is essentially the exact review they would give Death Grips two or three years later except DG obviously gets BNM and press and headlines for every tour, video, song, blurry cell phone footage, etc. etc.

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/14434-y/

on freedrun right now. so far so good. MIA is still attractive as ever.

marathoning the first song rn

>we
KYS

Great album to go on a run to. Not going to be regarded as one of MIA's best but it's still solid worldly pop that only MIA is capable of making.

freedum sounds like a rihanna song

who produced it

Polow da Don who does tons of Top 40 probably including Rihanna

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polow_da_Don#Selected_production_credits

>the best songs were bonus tracks

1. 8/10
2. 10/10
3. 8/10
4. 7/10
5. 6/10
6. 4/10
7. 5/10
8. 6/10
9. 8/10
10. 8/10
11. 9/10
12. 10/10

overall 8.5/10

bump

AIM by MIA mini-review:

I am really confused. I thought this album was gonna be garbage. And…I think it is garbage. But…I’m enjoying it. In a really weird way. So what the hell is going on? I remember when I first listened to Kid Cudi’s Speedin’ Bullet 2 Heaven and everyone was saying it was the WORST thing ever, but I ended up enjoying it, and on the occasion I listen to it again I STILL enjoy it. Am I somehow attracted to albums that are objectively terrible (if such a thing exists)? Or is it possible that there is some unique effect to MIA’s AIM?
My impression from the singles and snippets was “this is gonna be lazy, EDM pop crap.” And once again, it IS. MIA sounds like she is barely trying when she “sings” on this album (often with a strong accompaniment of really bad autoune as well). It borders on just being talking or awkward chanting; like she is really tired or stoned or something. There is some enthusiasm but it feels so forced and careless. And the lyrics are equally awful. But at the same time, this somehow doesn’t strike me as a generic pop album.
I listened to a Florence & The Machine album yesterday. I turned it off after like three tracks, it was so bad. It was just generic pop. So why do I think I am enjoying AIM, when in theory they are the same kind of album(s)? I think for starters, AIM is such a lazy album that it almost seems like there was effort put into being a lazy album. Everything just seems to blend together with this almost psychedelic effect. And in some way it works.
I am a fan of The Eric Andre Show, which has been described as “anti-humor”. Maybe AIM is the birth of “anti-pop”? Pop that is just so blatantly bad, it becomes enjoyable? I mean that’s kind of what PC Music was but some of those artists put real effort into what they were doing. I can’t tell if MIA was intending to sound like she does on this album or not. I just don’t know what to think of it.

1/2

From my personal “objective” taste, in theory AIM should be one of the worst things I’ve heard this year. And yet, I already want to listen to it again.

2/2

idk let's wait for the fantano review.

I haven't listened to any of her shit since her bullshit anti-European single.

M.I.A overrated? Wtf lol by who?

> we

sick dude

its crazy how well she's maintained her looks. how old is she now like 45?

Link? Can't find it anywhere

Are you fucking serious?

A-are you?

Everything MIA has done is severely underrated because her actual music is hidden behind an endless stream of ISIS jokes anytime you want to discuss her

The edgiest, most relevant, most innovative musician of this century.

this is how I view Philosophy of the World and Lulu

If music can fuck with you so much and still keep you wanting more, it's isn't so-bad-it's-good, it's genius.

were you dropped as a child

Are you guys all women, or are you all gay?

it's in this thread you fucking retard

I'm gaaaaaaay

Are you in middle school or high school?

your retards

ooh lol sorry thanks

She's so beautiful.

The fact that they're buzzwords is the point of the song, she's made many repetitive songs such as this like XR2 and Galang, also most of her beats from the past are just as if not more repetitive than Borders

So... do you form your own opinions?

Meditation is one hell of a facelift

>virus detected

nice try asshole

If this is really her last album then she went out with a bang.
I'm a big fan and her consistent quality of albums is remarkable

So Uh....... WHAT DOES FUNNY OLD Sup Forums THINK OF THIS RECORD?!?!?!??

Not speaking well about M.I.A. ≠ your dumb ass getting banned

If you broke the rules and got banned that's your fault

>anti-European

It's melanin and meditation

I'm feelin' a light to decent 7 desu

someone post a download link please

this

affix.is/h4tqjnk5hvlp

future reference just search twitter or /r/leakthreads on rebbit

thank you

fuck off you normie scum

>tfw you love M.I.A. and think her new music is ass