What's Sup Forums's favorite U2 song? Or are you all still in your edgy "U2 hating phase"?

What's Sup Forums's favorite U2 song? Or are you all still in your edgy "U2 hating phase"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gGTbAa-7GTM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

probably zoo station

In the name of love, U2 hating phase is over for me

nice one

The live version of "Bad"

one is their only great song.

stay is good

everything else is barely listenable

Stay is their absolute best

Always Forever Now

Like a Song, or Bullet the Blue Sky. I love aggressive U2

New Years Day

I unironically enjoy "I still haven't found what I'm looking for"

Mysterious Ways or Zoo Station.

One isn't even the best song on Achtung Baby.

Bump

IF YOU DOOON'T KNOOOOOOOWWWWW
ELECTRIIIIIIC COOOOOOOOOOO

Zoo Station or Seconds

You beat me to it! Like a Song is fantastic and the definite highlight of War.

Running to stand still, it could have been a VU song

where the streets have no name

that intro is unbeatable

fuck u2

Hating U2 is hardly edgy these days though, look at the outcry when they gave away their album for free. It's pretty contrarian to say you like them at all really.

bono's daughter is very hot

squidward is u faget

A Sort Of Homecoming is no lie one of the greatest songs ever, it has this dream pop/shoegaze feels to it, it's incredible

I liked How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. Fight me.

BREHS

Pride in the Name of Love

The edge is a cool guitarist.
Bono is a shitty person.
U2 is decent though, 'Beautiful Day' is a nice song.

Mysterious ways is breddy great desu

The fuck is wrong with her face?

doesnt have my penis on it

The Edge is a pretty mediocre guitarist honestly

she's a paddy

>muh edge is a mediocre player meme

Running to Stand Still.

>being too pussy to reply to someone

Window in the Skies and All I Want Is You are beautiful

>getting upset cos he didn't get a (you)

sorry m8, it's 2016, (you)'s are a valuable commodity, and your plebean views do not warrant any

Edge is a very mediocre player though

I like it too breh, Vertigo is a stain on their discography but the rest of the album is some really solid stuff, and as cheesy as some of the choruses are it's really well-written and enjoyable.
The Unforgettable Fire is amazing altogether. Brian Eno went perfectly with their early sound.

Edge is a p. good guitarist. He keeps it simple so that the rest of the music sounds better overall

I like the song Lemon quite a bit. Also up there are Bad, Where the Streets Have No Name and In the Name of Love.

>Where the Streets Have No Name

I remember when I was 14 or 15 and I got The Joshua Tree because it was the most popular U2 album and I wanted to check the band out. The build up into the first chorus blew my mind the first time I heard it.

>U2 was formed 40 years ago yesterday
damn

Acrobat.

Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me

sunday bloody sunday is my jam

>Window in the Skies
My nigga.

For what it's worth, I'm not a massive U2 fan but The Joshua Tree is a brilliant album. It's not my favourite song but the live version of Sunday Bloody Sunday they did just after the Eniskillen bombing where Bono rips in to the terrorist funding plastic paddy scum in the US is one of the most powerful versions of any song I've ever heard.

youtube.com/watch?v=gGTbAa-7GTM

What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!".

Ugh, I'm not playing that again.

I got dragged to see U2 live years ago and in fairness they did put on a great show. They opened with Elevation and it was breddy cool to see how much everyone was into it.

So Cruel
Until the End of the World
Zooropa
Mothers of the Disappeared
Acrobat

As you prob guessed my fav album by them is Achtung Baby

Most U2 pre 2000 is pretty great. Even their weaker albums like October have a few gems. Pop is also vastly underrated despite a few bleh tracks like Miami.

Wouldn't mind seeing them live either desu, especially if they're playing a greatest hits set.

Not who you replied to but I saw them towards the end of the 360 tour and by then they dropped most of the no line on the horizon stuff and played a lot of stuff off Achtung Baby and selected hits, with a few neat older rarities. They still play their new stuff but a big chunk of their setlists are the hits + fan pleasing old rarities.

This

All U2 songs sound the fucking same because of the shit that edge plays. It's the same because he's incapable of doing anything else

my favorite's The Fly

Zooropa's their best album tho