Why do you think Apple is removing their headphone jack?

Why do you think Apple is removing their headphone jack?

FUCK U APPLE!

Other urls found in this thread:

soundovermind.com/2016/09/09/jack-off-for-apples-plan-for-world-domination/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luddite
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Get an X1
Problem solved

So you need to buy them

>yfw its to sell more beats

>yfw steve jobs would have never bought beats from dr dre in the first place

cause apple plans to dominate the world

nobody who matters cares

because it's an antiquated piece of technology and at some point someone needs to take the step to move shit forward

Sales and propriety.

They say it was to free up more space but the reality is the chassis is identical to the previous generation.

apparently they pack in an adapter but that's still pretty shit imo

on the other hand removing cables from my life is a good thing, imagine you had to never untangle your headphones ever again

lol no

>thinking about switching to iPhone
>new iPhone 7! No audio jack!
>lol

NO

VOLUME

CONTROL

NO

SKIP

TRACK

Nah the phone comes with lightnjng headphones and a lightning to 3.5mm adapter

Still dumb as fuck though

This.

>implying the smaller DAC in the wire is equal to larger DAC on audio port

So whenever a band turns up to a venue with backing tracks/click tracks/play on music on their phone the sound guy can tell them to fuck off.

I wasn't planning on buying one anyway.

Gotta tell Siri to do it for you

Headphones are a $13 Billion/year market.

at least 25% of that market directly targets iphone users. This forces manufactures to pay apple for licensing if they want to continue to make revenue on those sales.

Did people think that headphones would just stay as they are for the rest of eternity? Obviously they were going to become wireless at some point, and this is just Apple taking that step. Sure, it will suck in the short run for people who want to use certain types of headphones, but this was obviously going to happen at some point, and in a matter of years, wireless headphones will probably be the norm.

I believe this is what this article says

>n a matter of years, wireless headphones will probably be the norm.

sure in the mobile device industry

that not changing in the professional/audiophile industry.

why would you buy apple products?
pay more, get less is pretty much their motto these days

that being said, bluetooth audio is really great these days. i've been using pic related with my phone for over a year now with no regrets and have no intention to go back to wired headphones

>that not changing in the professional/audiophile industry.

That's a tiny minority that nobody in their right mind actually cares about

>DAC in the wire

lolwut

Yes, good goy, but you must use Apple™-owned Beats™ Headphones™ to ensure compatibility!

This is only a "step forward" in terms of Apple increasing market domination. It's a step backwards for consumers in terms of convenience, quality, cost, options, and literally everything else. So unless you're an Apple shareholder you're a fucking cuck if you defend this.

they pack in an adapter for pleb retards like you buddy, stop acting autistic

not him but nah they'll just license the connector like they did with firewire
just wait, next month sennheiser will put out some headphones and everyone will STFU, it's only gonna be an issue for owners of outdated tech when they go to buy headphones and realise the shop is catering to 60% iphone users

Which means less convenience, less device usability (takes up charging port) and more pieces to lose/ more cost.

So youve refuted my post in no way.

What you fail to understand is that Apple's insistence on proprietary headphone technology that cant be used in any other phone, mp3 player, home stereo, car or anything else is a net loss for consumers who dont have Apple brand everything.

sorry, i guess it's in the headphones, not at the lightning connection end.

i know, they totally failed with firewire
still, that's what's gonna happen

it's not just gonna be beats shit, the connector thing helps them but not that much

beats are such a bad acquisition, what were they thinking

manufactures that now have to make both do

Regular earphones are easily replaceable and have less chance of something going wrong with it. You plug and you go. With bluetooth earphones there's so much shit that can go wrong. My new bluetooth earphones say "call ended" everytime after I watch a online video.

they already have to make both though you fucking dip

and who cares about the plight of giant companies, i only care about what is best for me as the consumer

>™

it's ®retard

>i only care about me

kek why are you in this thread

Bluetooth damages the brain

ur a ®etard

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luddite

That's bullshit on their part. Aux cords aren't just gonna be pushed aside like floppy disks.

I can't wait for the ifixit tear down to show how they could have actually fit a headphone jack in there

kek enjoy shit quality

apple's business strategy is pretty much "make everything only work with apple products so people who buy our shit have to continue buying our shit"
keep enjoying the giant cock in your ass applefags

Buy a better phone.

that's what adaptors are for desu

>apple does it
>everyone hates it
>all other companies copy it
been like that since iphone 1. move along, folks.

Does this mean the new ear buds are going to be able to run out of batteries?

You better fuckin believe it

I think its going to back fire and sales will be relatively low. The hardcore apple fans will eat it up as always, but the main stream wont care enough to go out of their way.

>there is a decent DAC in that adaptor

to be fair, apple copied google for the iphone

>people are defending apple in this thread
If they pull it off, which they probably will, it'll be a genius marketing move, but give me one reason why this is good for consumers. Inb4 "duh technology's got to evolve!", give me one reason why this particular change will be good.

I'm getting real fucking tired of this apple shit. When My iPhone dies I'm considering getting an android but my only reservation is that pretty much everyone uses Apple shit

i don't have to untangle my headphones anymore

Buy bluetooth?

Or better yet Apple can create their """""""""Lightning""""""""" headphones while still leaving a jack for those who like it.