So last week my friend asked me to join his band as their frontman...

So last week my friend asked me to join his band as their frontman, I jumped on the opportunity way too fast (because id love nothing more than to make music for a living). Turns out that for the 2 years the band has been together, they haven't wrote nor learned to play a single song, and didn't even have a name. 2 of the members claim to be "serious" about it but thy haven't proven it to me at all. I've already tried taking the 2 "serious" members and starting another group. But that fell apart as well. What do /mu?
>mfw I quit my job in the hopes I could be a musician but nobody I know wants to seriously do it

>mfw I quit my job in the hopes I could be a musician but nobody I know wants to seriously do it

JUST

>quit your job
Holy fuck what. Most musicians have day jobs until they get big enough. All the Elephant 6 guys were like, telemarketers. Sonic Youth had jobs right up until Daydream Nation.

>Quitting your job before gauging whether or not the band is serious

you dun goofed OP

Paul McCartney is still a 7eleven cashier.

They had been doing it for 2 years I didn't know they literally knew nothing. Now they want to do a rap group but if that's the case in outie. It was a shit job anyway so I'm not really concerned about money

Where did you work?

A fucking grocery store

>I quit my job
Wait, what?

What were they expecting you to play/do?

Vocals and some sampling/synth

Do you live in Leicester, OP?

>mfw I quit my job in the hopes I could be a musician

This is fucking epic.

lol what kind of a band is this

pro tipp you won't get anywhere if you take it too serious, it's not a regular "job" or something

Actually it's not a job at all...

Unfortunately not, I live in the Boston MA area

I live in MA you can join my band OP

>I quit my job
dude, even a pretty good band where everyone is serious has a really low chance of even becoming popular, let alone making a living

Everyone's jumping on you for quitting your job, but don't let that deter you. You weren't giving up much by quitting a grocery store slave position. Think of whether you can maybe change things in the band, if not, you're really no worse for trying. Maybe find other more serious people.

Thanks man, I fucking hated that place with a passion and if I could make a living like Robert smith or Morrissey just ranting about my misery that would be awesome

>I quit my job

OP grab your bandmates by the balls and force everyone to take it seriously into you make it on the charts

At least you didn't quit your job and shit like in Frank.

Oh whoops I didnt read the full thing. Ur fucked op.