What are mistakes foreigners often make when speaking your language...

What are mistakes foreigners often make when speaking your language? I notice many people fuck up our tenses and prepositions in English.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Hardwick
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kebabnorsk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>foreigners
>speaking my language

All those damned genders!

Is my toaster masculine, feminine, or neuter? And the fridge? What about the blender?

gah!

Easy, all masculine

They're all femenine

One seems to be leaving out all the definite articles. They sound like Tarzan, which is weird because all of our articles are the same gender and we only really have 3: a/an/the

Can't use genders properly

It really depends on their native language.

I've noticed that Chinese tend to fuck up inflections. They also sometimes mix up 'he' and 'she'. Chinese generally doesn't have inflections to modify words the way we do, and the Chinese words for 'he' and 'she' are pronounced exactly the same (although use different characters). So when you think about it, it makes sense that they'd make these mistakes.

Canadians go "soh-ree".

Fuck up genders, never use the proper r

they also confuse plural and singular.

Using wrong demonyms.

canadians say aboot

Can't pronounce "th".
Confuse Rs and Ls.
Can't into contractions

But that's just being nitpicky.

Lol I love how we shit on foreigners for fucking up english but most of us arent anywhere near being fluent in two languages

A few people on Sup Forums confuse "w" and "v".

anglos love articles

My teacher taught me to always use an article after every noun. Are you sure that isn't correct?

Depends on where they're from. English speakers can't pronounce rolled R's for shit nor do they comprehend grammatical gender.

Germans have the same weird stereotypical accent they do when speaking English.

Danes are the weirdest. They can put on an almost perfect scanian accent except for tiny things, like they way they pronounce e and ä.

before you mean

Think there's like a handful of people in the entire world who are fluent in Finnish while not being native speakers.

Yes, whoops.

Soft/hard consonants, consonant clusters, vowel reduction, declension

And they're all either Estonians or Karelians?

I thought in french it was the same? In fact in french you can't have a noun on its own.

oops, the quote is not related, srry

True, true. I took 4 years of German in high school and kollege, but I still can barely carry on an office conversation in Switzerland.

And after 3 years of on/off Spanish self-teaching I could probably barely order a beer and a hotel room in Tijuana.

>pause and say/ask, "how you say?"
>Proceed to say it exactly how it is said anyway

>kollege
????????????

>let's have a letter that, depending on where it is, make the sound of one of two other letters we already have

It's a joke, son. We 'murrikun. (I have 2 MS's)

But perhaps it's not for the best that we demand that new immigrants lose their native tongue and "larn ya english!". We lose chances to practice without travel, and furriners in Yurp are too nice. They all speaky english.

There's this british fellow who learned the language as an adult.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Hardwick

>tfw there are 5 different ways of writing an /s/ phoneme
>r also chancges how it's pronounce based on word location
You'd love Portuguese

makes*
Because verbs for singular nouns have an s and verbs for plural nouns do not.
>tfw I purposely talk like a retard online but if I forget that rule, I feel like stabbing myself

All of it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kebabnorsk

Is "kebabnorsk" the way it's commonly referred to? The cucks here felt the need to change the name of "blattesvenska" to "förortssvenska" and shame anyone using the former.

Yes, that's the actual name for it.
I don't think I've ever seen anyone refer to it with any other name.

We have two different words for "she" where it's not really intuitive which one you use when.

You're wrong, though. While it's not exactly common, it's not an amazingly low number.

You'd be amazed how many expat/immigrant(western) communities there are in Finland, and a lot of them have fluent speakers, people who have lived here for over 20 years and so.
You just never encounter it, do you don't think about it.

Pardon my ignorance.

kek
>mfw a Latino gets triggered when I call myself an American