Hiroshima and Nagasaki Atomic Bombing

This is the biggest war crime of humanity 2bh

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tLf3dPH7v9c
youtube.com/watch?v=trLbb0Ucyy4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I like to see how Americans justify this every time.

Was it now? Tell me more.

We did you a favor. Sometimes you have to use a baseball bat when a tap on the should is ignored.

you shouldve posted that barefoot gen webfm instead of that

haven seen for a while

youtu.be/tLf3dPH7v9c

I'd both personally authorize and drop them if I was in the same situation desu. I'd probably even drop more

youtube.com/watch?v=trLbb0Ucyy4

that's the one i wanted to post :/

gookniggers can't into reading

Is it so strange though? If the Japanese had dropped similar leaflets over American cities, wouldn't most people simply assume it was part of a psychological warfare?

why do dumbfucks drag up old history and reevaluate it as though it happened in a modern context with modern values

you have no fucking idea what was going on in their minds and why they did anything

Between the options of:
1) An ugly, prologned, two-prong invsation by the US and USSR into mainland Japan that would reach Rape of Nanking ugliness
2) Blockading and starving Japan to death, leaving millions to die from famine
3) Dropping atomic bombs
the answer is clear
Japanese weapons intended for the US mainland were either firebombs or biological weapons. The latter require people to be exposed, so leaflets would have worked against that

>so leaflets would have worked against that
Yes, I suppose they would. Not really what I was trying to convey though..

Your mistake is assuming invasion was somehow inevitable, in reality USA only prolonged the war because they wanted unconditional surrender while Japan wanted to keep their emperor.

Oh, um, I guess it would be seen as propaganda, but I think an imminent plea for civilians specifically to flee an area would be different than the usual appeal to "surrender!"

Japan's mindset promoted a very loyal state of mind, so the government may have been able to twist the leaflets into seeming like psych warfare, but that would make them look all the more incompetent if bombs fell and the civilians could have escaped

>most people simply assume it was part of a psychological warfare?
yeah, well, it would really have depended on how many such leaflets they got regularly. if it was the only instance, the gook govt was partly responsible for not evacuating the area

Japan wanted to surrender on its own terms (even after the first atom bombing), which included handling its own demilitarization. The US government probably looked at the past decades and figured it would be safest to entirely eradicate the threat and not allow it a chance to recover and attack again. Basically a "what if" mindset

Also, the emperor was a major symbol for Japanese strength. As long as he was in place, a huge part of their fighting spirit and ultranationalist drive would still be in place. Removing him wold damage that nationalism, and go along with my first paragraph

We needed to test them outside of a New Mexico desert, and - what an opportunity!!

Seriously I'd have just nuked one city that wasn't so relevant and smaller. Then waited a month while dropping leaflets on them, promising a rain of death. Promising a peaceful life afterwards.

But then again, modern context. And we mostly saw the Japs as evil savages. (Thanks, media!)

Can we some day talk about how we trolled the japs into attacking Pearl Harbor when the place only had WW1 meme hardware at port? All the modern carriers and subs had left earlier in the week.

Sorry, Japan, but you chose the wrong partners. Russia got lucky. Shit happens.

Agreed.

It isn't a war crime if they aren't people

Like locking Americans with Japanese ancestry without being convicted of a crime?

>some donkey fucking third-worlder makes another thread about some shit that happened decades ago; to somehow make his shitty life seem better because he can say "atleast my country didn't nuke another country :^)"

Its pretty fucking easy.
Japanese fought to the death.
Japanese civilians were willing to die for "god" emperor
Japanese had POW planned to be executed upon Americans landing on main island.
Nukes were not a war crime, as they did not exist before.
Also

Japs deserved it for their war crimes.

NOT ENOUGH

That isn't a war crime either.
Because those aren't foreign invaders.
Its domestically criminal and unconstitutional.
But not a war crime.

Two nukes weren't enough

Yes. True. This was one of our ugliest legacies. We actually had our own concentration camps in terrible conditions, spread all over the American west. And the level of patriotism disprayed by the Japanese Americans was quite laudable. They actually willingly acquiesced and tolerated the terrible treatment as a sign of their patriotism. We owe them a lot.

thing of beauty tqbh

That pic proves my point. They're just viral, drone like consumerists. They need to be nuked again

haha yeah