Is Brasilia a safe city to live in?

Is Brasilia a safe city to live in?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cFF7SCcR578
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Niemeyer
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>third world
>safe

It's in the safer half among capitals but still higher than RJ and SP for example.

see this video and you will understand everything about brazil
youtube.com/watch?v=cFF7SCcR578

Does anyone actually ""live"" in Brasilia?

Isn't it a meme capital created by FL Olmsted, who also set the footprint for other ghost capital meme cities such as Canberra?

His idyllic pastoral bullshit also gave us Riverside, IL: the only suburb where you can get lost and run out of gas, and Central Park NY: enjoy being raped in the woods while viewing the skyscrapers.

He was a pastoralist in the age of age of technological revolution. He was already an anachronism at his peak.

So how is life in his "pastoral capitals" ?

People live there but mostly politicians and such, it's kind of an elitist city.

>FL Olmsted
lol wut m8

Yeah, you're right. Olmsted had little to do directly with those cities other than the pastoral movement toward city planning.

It's a laudable idea, but ignores the reality of the need for densification to sustain communities. We can't all live on 2 acre plots of oak trees.

m8, the city was 100% designed by Oscar Niemeyer
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Niemeyer

We are full.

please explain the riverside thingy
you made me curious

no we're not, you fucking muppet.
if the whites want to come to brazil, they are 100% welcome.

It's a city made to avoid popular revolution.
It keeps all the bureaucrats away from the center of our population/culture which is south-SP-RJ axis.

Yes, true. And his ideas of planning were based on not only futurist architecture, but also the "expanse of grass" ideals that pastoralists like Olmsted pushed. Canberra has the same problem: A Utopian parklike campus in the middle of nowhere with huge expanses of grass making business nearly impossible. Nobody lives there because living there is nearly impossible without a car, and without a thriving city it won't work.

"If you build it they will come." No. No, they won't.

no, it's full of Brazilians

well it got 3 million people

Yes. It is a meme city, not even politicians bother to live there most of the time.

why do you have to bully us like that?

Brasilia was built long enough ago I suppose, like with Washington DC that was planned as a capital but now people live there.
Astana in Kazakhstan is different. Was built to be the capital 1997 and on weekends people who work there leave

I'm not sure if this map conveys it, but the suburb of Chicago IL called Riverside was the first fully planned community in the US. FL Olmsted designed it as a true planned suburb from the top-down based on his pastoral ideals. Looking at the map you will notice how it doesn't fit into the normal American grid that defines most of our cities.

It's a beautiful place to see, and indeed my wife and I looked at houses in the area because it's very pleasant to drive through. That is, until you wish to leave. Then you need a map.

Olmsted conflated the idea of old European city layout based on foot traffic with the new affluence of the automobile. So he laid the place out on the idea of cars being a surrogate for foot traffic. Except there is never anywhere to park, and foot traffic is confusing enough without cars increasing the speed.

The only reason Central Park in NYC works is because it's surrounded by a bulwark of highly privileged elites who want it preserved.

nothing in Brazil is safe, just go somewhere else

I heard some city is safe