Why is this type of shower so popular in South and Central America(Mexico)????

why is this type of shower so popular in South and Central America(Mexico)????

I thought that Argentina is in transition to first world

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vmOoAWrn1kM
johnnyvagabond.com/travel-tips/survive-suicide-shower/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's what happens when electricity is cheaper than gas

Whats the likelyhood electrical shock?

>México
Never seen that shit used here

Cheaper (no need to special tubes for hot water)
More efficient
Heats instantly
Cheaper again (electricity here is cheaper than gas/coal/whatever)
You can fix it yourself with a new resistor (cheap again)

Tell me why you wouldn't don't use this.

about 1500 people killed every year in Brazil...so not very high

Near 0 if you aren't literally more stupid/careless than your average favelado.

[source needed]

I get the fear, but I have literally never heard of anyone ever dying or getting shocked at all by electric showerheads. But deaths from gas leaking in the bathroom do happen every once in a while. I remember one case from about 3 years ago where the son of a wealthy guy in our city died in the shower of a luxury hotel with his girlfriend because of a gas leak and it was all over the local news.

>South America
i have never saw that, nor heard about it, even in argentina or peru which i know. i thought it was an slav thing really

weak bait

literally a death shower

My 4* hotel room in Chile literally had one of them.

They like to live dangerously.

>fear of electricity

Have you never been in a pool with lights?
Or in a bath tube with an electric motor (for your pleasure?)

>getting electrical poisoning into your shower water

>I thought that Argentina is in transition to first world
What? no, we aren't.

Also, we don't have that shit here.

there's no house heatenings here

why? shithole lol

those are not used in here though

same 3bh

I think you confused a campamento for a 4* hotel, but I understand why you would seeing your flag

really? wow. wich one btw?

Its different lad
Lights are insolated water pumbs (engines) have no contact with the water just the axis and that also has an insolation

>Have you never been in a pool with lights?
There is a huge double glazing between you and the light, not a weak electric wire, exposed to water and accidents.

?

The average Brazilian wage is below a third of the average American wage in 1983, you can't really expect us to not live dangerously.

Fuck off we dont use that sudaca shit

idk but it looks really dangerous

youtube.com/watch?v=vmOoAWrn1kM

water+sparks nope nope

Those things are inexistent here...

>brazilian education

THIS what the fuck are you talking about? Working class in Mexico uses gas heaters even if they're 20 year old beat up things, nowadays most new "social" housing comes with passive solar tubes.

How well do these work?
I'm not asking about the danger of using it, instead I'm just asking if it heats water well.
So, does it work well?

Not really...
I have gone to your country and you have them. I have seen those here too.
They only exist in cheap hotels to be honest.

Heats instantly.
As the power is constant, more water means colder water, less water means warmer water.

Works pretty well.

Most of the not shit ones have a triac so you can set the electric power however as you like.

I've never ever seen one of those

>sudaca
>mexico
kek

did he died?

Noice.

The apartment in the beach I used to go to had an electrical shower and honestly it was pretty shit.

Nothing beats a long gas-heated boiling bath, I'm so glad I live in a first world city.

Well that explains it. But I have never seen those in regular houses.

>gas-heated
>not heating buckets of water in fire made from wood

You're pretty shit.

San Martin in Viña del Mar, it was far uglier than my shower (pic related)

That looks WAY safer than OP's pic.

>not having you shower let out some sparks when you change the water temperature while the shower is on
what are you guys gay?

Brazil has zero natural gas, besides the oil associated ones.

>when you change the water temperature while the shower is on
MADMAN
A
D
M
A
N

I used to have one of those when I was a kid.

It sucked because if the water came "too fast" it didn't get warm enough so you had to shower with really low preassure.

>why is this type of shower so popular in South and Central America(Mexico)????

Because its cheap. It costs like $25 USD and it is easy to install. Electric water heaters are expensive and they consume a ton of electricity. Gas heaters used to be rare but they are more common now. However some poor houses don't have hot/cold plummbing you really don't have much of a choice.

WHAT THE FUCKKKK

Electric powered hot water tanks exists tho.
Living in appartement, I have one. That work perfectly and It's not dangerous.

lel gays

As an engineer I'm fucking triggered as fuck.

Y'all memeing about a technically superior product and rambling nonsense about its safety.

You need more power man. Your parents should have bought a better shower.

Electric showerheads don't waste hot water like tanks and are just as safe, plus the pipes don't need to withstand any hot water and last longer.

>San Martin

That was a normal shower then, Chilean laws don't allow that shit because is not safe, and an earthquake may fuck up everything

Plus they are automatic so they are really convenient, I have one too

Don't bully me Joao. I was poor.

I have never seen one of these in Mexico.

This is how the average shower looks like here

>Electric showerheads don't waste hot water like tanks and are just as safe, plus the pipes don't need to withstand any hot water and last longer.
Well, I believe you but just
>just as safe
Maybe with an optimal installation, like in new buildings.
But this .
This shit is not safe.

>why is this type of shower so popular in South and Central America(Mexico)????
>I thought that Argentina is in transition to first world

There are some many things wront in those two sentences I'm not gonna even bother

Something was different about that hotel. It looked decent on the outside but the structure seemed quite... shady. I remember coming across pics every now and then like this after I had already secured my room there, everything worked fine in the end but the whole building seemed a bit suspicous. At least their food was great, loved their icecreams.

yes

Im not sure if we have them or not. But they are not popular here.

It's only in our hotels most likely. Why would we need a shower heater anyway?? At least here in my country it's always hot as balls.

Honestly, the worst that that can happen is some sparks spooking you out, you won't die electrocuted unless you are drenched and touch an exposed wire, which wouldn't ever happen in any normal scenario. That being said, there are safer versions of electric showers, but Lorenzetti surely is the most popular one

Looks don't mean shit in technical department.

You see the three wires?
Phase, neutral and fucking ground.
All the outside of the shower is grounded so you can't get a shock by touching it.
Electric installations here use residual current devices, so even if you touched a live wire you wouldn't get a shock.

Even if it weren't grounded or protected by other means, the only possibility of a shock would be if the live wire touched the outside and you touched t. Even so not a great possibility, as it is made of plastic, and plastic is not known for its electric abilities.
There is no fucking way to the water itself shock you, because there is no voltage potential in the water after it passes the resistor.

The only reason to not use these showers is if gas is cheaper than electricity where you live or if you use another system.

In my home we use solar heating (without a heating tank, that would be a waste) and this electric head. I only need to turn it on during rainy days.

wtf this looks scary as fuck i never see on in my life

We DO have those things here

Well i have one of those so fuck me.

how many times you die?

Please tell me how it was named, because an hotel in San Martin was shut down a few weeks ago, it had a pyramidal shape

Where do you live?

What the fuck man?
You let us all down

Like 0
not telling you, m8.
Meh

thank you for your honesty

Well, I do have one. But it is properly installed.

ayy

Same with mine.

ive never seen one of those
i bet you are a southerner from oaxaca or guerrero
fucking subhumans who cant afford a proper water heater

Because it's cheap, it's popular and we don't have gaspumbling here.

There's nothing bad about them, actually, they are practical and don't cause any accidents, opposite to gas explosions that happens everytime.

Only faggots think it's a bad thing.

shit so I better buy one then

I haven´t decided if I should just embrace the natural gas lines in the city or go full solar power

What the fuck even is this? I've never seen one of those here.

Wait, what the hell Is that? Isnt south America have boilers where to heat water before it comes down to pipes? And what the hell Is gas heated water systems?

That looks like some kind of electro-torture device, and i tought that britbongs two water pipe systems on sink was stupid...

When I traveled to southern Mexico (aka the sudaca part) I stayed at a hotel that had these. I had no idea what they were and I was freaked out over the wires. I had to ask the owners what it was and even then I had misgivings about it. Surprisingly they work really well, by which I mean they heated the water quickly and nicely which is great because it was cold af where i stayed.

They had them because they were in this high up area and getting gas was a no go. I considered looking them up when I got back home but forgot because I live in a place where it is literally never cold. OP's pic looked exactly like it.

higher than 0. And when talking about my life.. that's too high.
I already have enough higher than 0 odds of things trying to kill me in my life.. adding one more is just stupid.

But i guess that if you live in Brazil which has a higher kill count than Syria those odds must look really low.

We don;t have those here at all. Most people have solar water heaters, or electric external heaters.

>gas
There's that magic word again. You realize most water boilers are electric powered right? Not only that but assuming you use water regularly (ie shower every day) it's cheaper to keep it hot than to heat up small amounts while you're using it. The only advantage this offers is a smaller initial investment and less space used.

damn. it looks like anyone who'll use it will be electrified

Where the fuck do you live? I have been in states from all over the country and I have never seen that shit.

Literally, if it wasn't for Sup Forums I wouldn't even know they exist.

>be Latino
>take a shower
>die

johnnyvagabond.com/travel-tips/survive-suicide-shower/

>French Guiana
What?

>be russian
>drive from city to city
>car stops working
>die

>he doesnt know how to survive without car in Russia
t. Latino

>be Mexican
>get kidnapped by cartel
>relatives are not paid
>die

Me on the left, feeding a russian.

why so rude

Sinaloa

I wish I had warmer weather. I'm freezing. How can canadians and russians live?

That's basically t-shirt weather