>You cunt
>Do you like the American accent
>Favorite American accent

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/k5XX8z0oWs0
youtube.com/watch?v=AIZgw09CG9E
youtube.com/watch?v=03iwAY4KlIU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i hate southern accent, new york accent and valley girl accent.

Need me a loyal white southern girl like that one lady from No Country for Old Men

>tfw no boston gf.

Southern Belle accent is God tier.

Rest are shit.

Cajun accent is incredibly underrated. Most people from Louisiana are morons, but if you ever find a cute and smart girl with a Cajun accent oooo boy it's cute

Cajun is way too hickish to me. I'd feel like I was dating a swamp girl.

Hate all accents outside the Northeast desu

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Dude, no. Just throw those feels away, you're not missing anything.

true, but if you ever meet a girl from the swamp who isn't a hick, trust me it's really nice. I knew this girl for a while who had a cajun accent. She was really smart, loved history, travelled a lot. The way she said "dem" instead of "them" was so cute.

How muh americab accenta there are?

Not even exaggerating, at least 1 for each state and that's pretty simplified. Someone in New York City will have a different accent than someone in Upstate New York. People in Dallas tend not to have the stereotypical southern accent, but when you go further down in Texas you'll find more people with southern accents.

literally the worst accent

I really like the valley girl accent, don't know why

My favorite accent in English would be British RP to be quite honest, in the US I guess North Eastern in general.

the canadian one, so Minnesota or one of those NW square countries

How do the people in the upper west coast speak(Washington state etc)?

standard American, same as the midwest.

Good:
Certain types of New York
Cajun

Boston accent, other than that, all of em are shit.

>tfw no gregarious qt american gf

>Jew York
Into the trash it goes

Boston accents are disgusting

>he doesn't love jewesses

Texan accent best accent

YO BATTA UP

>tfw everyone here in Florida has a Northeastern accent
>tfw me and my friend from NYC made fun of our friend from Texas for having a southern accent

>Coming from a Muslim

Depends on the person. Really rowdy Americans annoy me, especially loud New York, African American and West Coast yanks.

That said, I like the quieter Texans' accents the most.

(((New England))) accent

youtu.be/k5XX8z0oWs0

her jaw is way too strong for me

Manhattan and LA sound the best, and that is what you hear in movies/TV. Worst anyone from the south; San Diego is infested with redneck losers in the military and I cringe when they speak.

I guess Family Guy nailed the accent.

Flag
Yes but it's not always appropriate. Sometimes it sounds cool, like in cowboy movies, but a lot of the time it sounds silly.
Texas accent is my favourite

Literally autistic sounding

Best is neutral Southern California

Yo what's up?

Brooklyn is probably my favourite in so far as it's distinct enough for me to identify. I can get behind a southern drawl but couldn't tell you one state from another

southern one and texas one are really good
california is the only shitty one to be honest

What's that guy's name again?

The Midwestern accent is the most sensual and pleasant sounding American accent, in my opinion.

It's called dialect, not accent and my favourite dialects of American English are these two
youtube.com/watch?v=AIZgw09CG9E
youtube.com/watch?v=03iwAY4KlIU

craig ferguson

>trying to correct a native speaker's word choice
no accent is the right word, friend
dialect is different usage of word and phrases, accent is different pronunciations

drawling your a's is not the same thing as a mountain man using some obscure Gallic jargon

>I'd feel like I was dating a swamp girl
So it's a good thing?

Isn't accent the way foreigners sound when talking a language not their own?

Pretty sure I posted dialects

1. ЯEД AЛEЯT
2. I'm okay
3. Texan. Thanks to the TF2, that's the only type of accent that I can recognize. It sounds pretty tough and funny at the same time.

hmmm, accents only refer to foreigners? I think accent would primarily be used in this context, but it is not exclusively used.
"French Accent" referring to how French people speak English for example.

But, as OP, and most of the respondents have used it also refers to regional pronunciations of a common language. "Valley Girl" vs Long Island.
You are probably correct by a linguist's perspective. But in actual people's word choice dialect would have to be pronounced difference like a acadenian or scouse.
You did post dialects, but accents are apparently a subgroup of dialect so insofar as there is a difference in that capacity it may be self consuming

I like Southern, Minnesotan and Texan.

my accent rating
New yorker
texas
the rest
rest are either funny or annoying. can't stand people from california's accent desu. you're ok though just your accent is sOOOoooo waaAAAvyy

Brooklyn. Fuck all the rednecks.

new joisey

I habe a Swedish accent that really sounds like the Texas one. Feels good

I quite like north east accents, or west accents but southern accents piss me off.
also question - why do americans speak so loudly? I swear everyone's shouting all the time

those are fake, right?

Americans stand much farther apart during conversations.

>southern accents piss me off
Well fuck you too.

t. Georgia

The Boston accent is disgusting...White trash tier. Upper midwest sounds dopey, especially Minnesota. The midwest and Californian ones are neutral and it's what you hear on TV. The stereotypical NYC accent is annoying af, I want to hit them in the face.

pottery

need to find me a cute southern girl

I'd like to touch her Ruth and Gehrig if you know what I mean

Fuck yea go Minnesooootan , it is because of the swedes and Norges that we say shit like that

Blame the swedes and the Norwegian immigrants

yo hol up

flag

southern is qt

theres a texas hillbilly accent and then theres the other one

Georgia has the best American accent.

American voices annoy me. It's not just the accent, they talk louder than normal.

>tfw Asian immigrant
>tfw the only English I speak in is in a southern accent

That drawling nasally flyover accent that Canadians also have is fucking horrendous on women

ding ding