/daily/ - "high-functioning autism" edition

It's almost fall! Get hyped for comfy weather.

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, do your best not to shitpost, and just let the good times flow.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>make charts!

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>endlessly circlejerk over meme videos and maybe sometimes hopefully music

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>the same thing as plug but with emotes

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff

discord.gg/s5Rv7zJ
>come here to get bullied

Asking about the Skype group carries a minimum sentence of 15 to 20 years.

Most importantly, post in stoic misery!

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/list/StuffRodHeardAfterAugust/rodriguezs-really-important-show-show/
youtube.com/watch?v=a5_a1-xjGro
youtube.com/watch?v=nd6U26XSdG0
youtube.com/watch?v=EeU6G3tM404
youtu.be/8h2VvMgwIF4
youtu.be/0KgUeyEltec
youtu.be/j_dh3U_ahng
youtube.com/watch?v=5gnmHazLx6U
rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/blind_willie_johnson/the_complete_blind_willie_johnson/
rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/minor_threat/complete_discography/
rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/various_artists_f2/the_sounds_of_earth__voyager_golden_record/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ween/pure-guava/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/they_might_be_giants/lincoln/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ground_zero/plays_standards/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/various_artists_f2/golden_rain/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/pale_cocoon/繭__cocoon_/
youtube.com/watch?v=hcy-MmpTkek
soundcloud.com/user-873004371/sets/al-haig-trio
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

results for round 5 are up
rateyourmusic.com/list/StuffRodHeardAfterAugust/rodriguezs-really-important-show-show/
vinter, pick your partner soon.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

you guys advance

no restrictions or anything i guess

George Coleman - "Bongo Joe" (1969)
>blues, spoken word

One of the most bizarre records I've ever heard, without a doubt. The album consists entirely of Coleman and a drum, and he pounds the shit out of that drum and yells his fucking heart out, imitating dogs, cats, going into different registers, he sounds absolutely insane. It's cool to listen to once, both for novelty purposes and because it gets nicely intense at times, but that's really all it's good for, a one time listen. There's nothing all too interesting or enjoyable here, save for Coleman's delciously overdramatic vocal performance. The percussion tracks seem recycled from track to track and a lot of the songs seem to be structured the same exact way. Still, check this out.

2.0+

youtube.com/watch?v=a5_a1-xjGro

youtube.com/watch?v=nd6U26XSdG0

Oh god it's middle school gym class all over again
Pls pick me someone :'(

Guess I'll listen to Paul's Boutique now.

youtube.com/watch?v=EeU6G3tM404

tormentor had a really good black metal demo, and Atilla was, of course, brilliant. there's some evil laughter on some tracks that is perfect.

what next?

suffo

sign of the black widow > hell is empty, btw. either is fine tho

oh gosh
youtu.be/8h2VvMgwIF4

Quality matmos review
oh golly

dw, if it's actual middle school gym class, I'm gonna be picked last

you guys!
this probably points to me having basic taste more than anything else

I've seen a lot of people into Death Grips and figured I'd ask about it here. Why do people like them so much? I listened to "The Money Store" and thought it was unique and was a good use of noise, but a lot of people including high-profile artists apparently see something even further that I think I'm missing.

they do something pretty unique while staying catchy and fun. Not many artists can do that. However they are not very good at making albums

oh geez

You've heard the live version of this, but maybe not the studio version:
youtu.be/0KgUeyEltec

If that doesn't count, do this:
youtu.be/j_dh3U_ahng

I like that they use a broad field of weird and noisy sounds alongside dark and paranoid lyrics, but maintain a pop sensibility.

youtube.com/watch?v=5gnmHazLx6U

imma do the second one

cool

>Not even on the chart

I think shame actually hit the nail on the head. They're boundary-pushing and unique while still being extremely catchy. Also don't underestimate meme magic. Memorable lyrics can do wonders for an artist's career.

That being said, Lil Ugly Mane is better.

oh goodness me

Replied to the wrong one fuck

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

As a filthy casual, where should I start with DG? I'm not usually into anything hip-hop, but I'm looking to expand my taste.

I have a boner for lum but how the fuck is he better than dg

pls indoor voices Dogwander is sleeping

I mean the money store is as good of a place as any. If you didn't like it maybe just try Exmilitary, and if you don't like it just move on.

Many consider Jenny Death to be one of their greatest but I think that's just from pre-hype. May wanna check that out too I s'pose.

I would just get on yt, try the songs with a bunch of views, and get a favorite and find out the album it's on, hear that. each of their records is rather different

My dude
i want to get more into Feldman. Like, really more into him. i feel like listening to String Quartet No 2 and idk what after it. Also listened to Haydn Symphony No 101 in D major and 103 in E-flat and i was blown away. It was so pretty. What other Haydn do i listen to now? Or classical that is?

start with exmilitary or bottomless if you're not into hip hop, the money store if you are, and keep in mind that the powers that b is their best album.

wow u did it

wanna give me 8 albums and i will listen to them

Good Morning /daily/!

First day on antibiotics, hopefully I will be funky fresh for my Sunday flight. Girl is supposed to swing by sometime soon but for now I will be listening to some tunes in bed.

the fuc do you know about my taste

flip yeh

uh

heck

here's 8 fishcore albums then
rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/blind_willie_johnson/the_complete_blind_willie_johnson/
rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/minor_threat/complete_discography/
rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/various_artists_f2/the_sounds_of_earth__voyager_golden_record/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ween/pure-guava/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/they_might_be_giants/lincoln/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ground_zero/plays_standards/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/various_artists_f2/golden_rain/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/pale_cocoon/繭__cocoon_/
8 Fish-core albums that are under an hour (save for Plays standards which is 66 minutes and Voyager which is 108 minutes)

If you want any different ones lemme no

mornin'

everybody knows your taste is basic af

',

dang
let me pick music for you in the future, ok?

hi dogman
tell your girl I said she needs to make you soup when you are sick

sure sure sure sure

Decided to listen to the Frank Ocean album. Wasn't a big fan of Channel Orange, let's see what this sounds like.
I will!

ill get started on this tomorrow

good night /daily/

Good night!

This is pretty good for when you are sick.

o shit fish i think i woke him up

His average output is probably 'worse' tbqh, but I'd rather listen to his best (Uneven Compromise, Evil Deed Blues) over DG any day. Uneven Compromise is actually one of my all-time favorite albums (songs?).

>where should I start
Chronologically, or with The Money Store. Or just go to their YT channel and sort by most popular honestly

Actually I need to get more into Feldman too, but I don't have the time or motivation usually. I've only heard For Philip Guston, Rothko Chapel, Why Patterns?, and String Quartet No. 2. I have no experience with Hadyn myself. I guess I ought to start with No. 101 and 103, if you can vouch for them? I don't listen to nearly enough classical.

As for other serial chamber music composers, if you haven't heard the progenitors of the style, check out Schoenberg, Webern, and Berg. The label Montaigne has at least a few good releases for each. You also will likely enjoy Arvo Pärt, specifically Tabula Rasa.

suffocation is very similar to cannibal corpse, but I think I prefer CC. this was longer than I wanted, and had some solos that I thought were lame sounding

night
o/

I'll throw it on next :)

Good night elder God!

night ;P

does anyone have the templates for these pics

not music

:)

"""music"""

:-(

nope, sorry :(

listen to The first String Quartet, played by the Ives ensemble (thats the obe i liestened to).
Really good, very fucking frightening
as for Haydn, i listened to those cause it was what i downloaded but there is a 30 sometjing boxset that engulfs the complete symphonies of Haydn
if i had to describe him, well, when he doesn't sound like a morning, he sounds like the night. He is very cinematic and fun, and while being pretty it's incredibly powerful

Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
>hip-hop
youtube.com/watch?v=hcy-MmpTkek

The Beastie Boys deliver on making a very memorable album. Each track features very fresh production, and a fair share of funny, quotable lyrics. The album flows through nicely for the most part. There are times when it does feel choppy.
It's good. 3/4. I feel this is an album that I'll appreciate more the more that I listen to it, so a 3.5/4 may be true in the near future.

did u no like it

Do you think I should revisit some other Nick Cave albums before going into his new one? I haven't been following his career outside of the Scruffi approved The Good Son.

Have you heard push the sky away? It's the closest to skeleton tree so far. But I don't think going through the rest if his discog would change much, it's quite different from those. He doesn't focus on linear stories in songwriting and is more open to experimentation in sound. I am pretty sure after listening to the album and watching the movie, that Warren played a big part on this record. Personally, I want to retry some dirty three soon.

I'll listen to Push The Sky Away, watch the movie and listen to the record then. Thanks

Oh. Hope you enjoy the movie as well then. They play a lot from the record and even some stuff that didn't make it. Is it available to be seen now somewhere? In the web or something? I'd like a rewatch myself.

No idea, but I'll try to dig it out. I bet it is somewhere

Well apparently there are still screenings here and there, or so says the official page. There's one about 600km from where I am, maybe you're more lucky.

exmilitary or the money store I'd say, I'd just go chronological at first (exmilitary - money store - no love deep web - some of govt plates) and then explore from there at your own pace.
as for their newest stuff bottomless pit is one of their best albums in years and powers that b is also great

What is this new fashion of burying all the sound behind dreamy synths? Same shit happened on Kanye's last album and I just don't see how all this melting reverb helps. It goes for this dreamy atmosphere but ends up being something talentless hacks like me use to drown out unnecessary sounds.

The album itself was eh. The lyrics are all about relationship problems which is ok but I had a problem with 1 track. Facebook Story made me cringe. If a bitch is that stupid there is no reason to be with her, just like there was absolutely no need to single out this story as a separate track.

I liked the closing 4 tracks, Ivy and Pink + White. The rest wasn't all that good.

I'm also not a huge fan of contemporary R&B.

dude this is real autistic of you

like, who fuckin cares, stop it, get help

Bed time now. luv u guyz

I made this but it's shit. Suits me well.

shame made it last thread, jangle's just messing

like wtf he's not even blonde

It's p cute that you saved that comment

>Takehiro Honda - Salaam Salaam
Some of the rhythmic stuff on this thing was insane, especially on the first song. It was like all three players were doing completely different things, but they were somehow all fitting together. All of the solo stuff was also enjoyable, but my favorite was probably the bass solo on the third track. I wish the bass was mixed a little more prominently because at some points it really gets drowned out. 7/10

>Lightning Bolt - Fantasy Empire
I liked how punchy the snare drum was and how it really cut though all of the noisey stuff. I thought it was super neat. The vocals really didn't do anything for me and i thought they were a bit annoying at times. It was cool how much energy all of the tracks even though everything was so fuzzy. It did start to drag a bit for me towards the end. 6/10

Torts advances

Final deletion 2 is out, it's a mess

I'm so tasteless and lame I didn't even make it on ;-;

Facebook story was great ;-;

I thought it was whiney as hell.

It was sad but cute and french accents are goat

wew nearly forgot this existed

Young Thug - Slime Season 3
I have yet to jump on board the Young Thug hype train, I mean yeah I get it, his voice is unique to say the least but it'd be nice if you could actually understand what he was saying half the time

Ulaan Passerine - The Great Undwinding
couldn't get around this, just seemed a bit nondescript; there was nothing to pull me in at all

Fire! - She Sleeps, She Sleeps
it was good, sometimes it played on for a bit too long, can't get enough of that sax timbre

What's not to understand about SHESUCCONTHATDICCONTHAPLANEZOIJUSTCALLHERAIRHEAD WOO

10 minutes into blood magick and chill and he gives you this look. What do?

Put the black in black magick

What's the movie? That 20,000 days thingy or is it sth else?

Jeffery is the superior thugger project of this year

sth else
new movie for new album
is called ""one more time with feeling""

Oh cool, I'll have to watch that then, 20.000 days was p cool.

sdc stands for sucks dicks casually spread the word and spread le word

I heard somewhere that Terminus stands for Totally Erect aRound Men In Nice Underwear Smhtbhfam is that correct?

LateX is better

if you wanna get into young thug i recommend rich gang - tha tour. it's my personal favorite project he's in, plus the opening track has my favorite young thug verse to date

fucking destroyed

how will Terminus ever recover?

top cool
nice

found it

tfw such an avant-poster that I'm off the bottom of the image
:'^) feels good

I will never understand in a million years why someone put me in ascended other than I didn't like some album.

I was originally on "cinnamon" till someone edited it. Fits me much better tee bee h

WAZZAAAAAAAAAAP

-----LISTENALONG-----
Al Haig - Al Haig Trio
>Bebop, Cool Jazz

listen here: soundcloud.com/user-873004371/sets/al-haig-trio

plugalong tomorrow

Ali Akbar Khan - The 80 Minute Râga (Rag Kanara Prakaar)
The drone version of regular raga. Interesting, rather good, although I prefer something more capacious, I suppose.

Iggy Pop - The Idiot
Heavily influenced by Bowie, basically a better version of him tbqh

my mind says "do Down Colorful Hill or Rock Bottom", but my heart says "DO OBSCURA"

it's just pretty sad
i need to give it another listen

The 80s stuff i by far the best they have released

noted

I probably fit on the bottom

Rude!!!

What the fuck is this