Gybe

Sooooo if GYBE (talking about them as a collective) are some sort of 'anti-capitalist´band why their music is on streaming services? isn't that contradictory?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/79536243
youtube.com/watch?v=31ziDxbcSj8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's for that sweet sweet revenue friend. And if I go on Google Play tomorrow to listen f# a# infinity and it's not on there i'm gonna come to your house and shit in your nutella and milk.

gotta make the munz somehow

They never went all out. They were a music group first, and political things second. Same thing happened to Amon Duul II in the 70s.

Who gives a shit about musicians political stances. Just listen to the music, they're politically retarded but they are great musicians.

>Who gives a shit about musicians political stances

They make it part of the music you dumbass.

they're an instrumental band almost 90% of the time, it's not a big deal

Anti-Establisment, not anti-capitalist.

Also that argument is bullshit. How can one fight something without being able to subsist within it? That's like complaining about rebellion members stealing guns from guards.
They're not Rage Against the Machine where they wholeheartedly sold out when that was their main point.

but i like both of those

I was just asking thanx xoxo

>not anti-capitalist

"I open up my wallet, and it's full of blood"

spotify big boi

Being anti establishment is related to being anti capitalist, not the same I know, but related

Yeah they should stop making any type of money and then starve to death

Knowing Efrim's beliefs, and the ethic you see in Come Worry with Us!, he would if he could and still be alive.
vimeo.com/79536243

honestly Rage Against the Machine is a way better example of this.

They were outright gifted money when the won the Polaris Prize, they responded by writing a long bitchy rant and tossing the money away. Then they flip again and advertise on their albums that they gladly accept federal grant money. Even by the low bar set by their middle-school-student level understanding of how the real world works they're completely full of shit.

>bitchy rant
What the fuck are you talking about? They stuck to their morals about this when most bands would just take the money. They don't even have that much to begin with. Godspeed is a popular band but it's not like any of them live in mansions or really even live comfortably.

>this is a Trotsky state
what did they meme by this

Isn't the like "This is our torched estates"
btw Mt. Zion and Godspeed have both stated on occasion that they are political but their politics aren't that nuanced. I think Efrim said straight up once "our politics are basically just what people talk about at bars"

Yeah, everyone gives Godspeed a lot of shit for being pretentious uppity assholes about politics but they seem fine enough, Efrim at least is a cool guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=31ziDxbcSj8 interview related.

it was a yoke, i was listening to that song when i saw this thread.

Calling RATM isn't really fair to Zack though. He bailed at the height of their career to play in dive bars with unknowns, totally went back to his roots.

Tom's phony as fuck though.

Bah who cares I love them

What does "anti establishment" even mean? What constitutes an establishment? Is being anti establishment an establishment? Are things only good when they're constantly changing?

Think of it as anti-authority

oh, so it's punk?

he sounds so canadian

I don't know about the rest of the Godspeed collective, but I know Efrim has always described his Silver Mt Zion as following the punk ethos more than anything.

COMMIES BTFO #REKT

his wallet has blood in it

people are anti-capitalist because much of capital is generated by workers, instead of the bosses.
the bosses do jack shit, but gets most of the money, while the workers who do all of the back-breaking labour get a mere fraction for their hard work.
a musician, and most other artists usually don't exploit workers, so they aren't really hypocritical if they become rich.

anti-capitalism is anti-exploitation.

Commies gotta eat too, user.

>tfw i listen to almost half the stuff on that chart

feels pretty good to be a walking stereotype