/introvert/ general

What are some essential introvert-core albums?

Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bg1di8sGxWc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Better for that

Hopefully someone posts something cool but it will probably just be Unknown Pleasures and bullshit like that

>introvert
is that the new memeword for "wimps"?
Is "nu-male" out of fashion already?

M8 if you ever set foot in my room I'll ignore you so hard it'll really hurt your feelings so you better watch it.

-_-

How long has it been since you shoved your brain up your ass? Or read a dictionary?

Introverted != lonely/socially awkward.

Pic related is a good example of that. Half of Townes Van Zandt's songs on during his golden era are about his love and/or sex life if you really think about it (and not always showing a sad side of that sex life) but the words still convey a sense of being alone.

Or to quote Townes: "Loneliness and being alone are two different things".

I imagine a gloomy empty city.

this is not an album for listening with friends.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bg1di8sGxWc
This song strikes a real chord with me.

all my hipster friends loved this shit when i showed it to them

introvert just means "prefers to spend time alone".

i'm an introvert, and i have a problem with being arrogant. i know this because my friends, mostly extroverts, say i'm arrogant.

I know what it means, and the reason why they say you're arrogant is because you seem to glamorize this shit.
With threads like this, for example.

As if being shy or reclusive was something badass or refined.

i didn't start the thread. i don't glamorize it, but sometimes you feel out of step as an introvert, so it helps to find similar company. i assure you there's little to no fedora tipping here, but there is some of what you might call edge, but that's a different ball of wax.

As long as you're not an emo kid it's ok I guess

>introvert just means "prefers to spend time alone".
Not even. Introvert means that being around people exhausts you and you occasionally need some alone time to recharge whereas extrovert means being around people energizes you and being alone stresses you out. It literally has nothing to do with sociability or outgoingness like everyone makes it out to be.

>so it helps to find similar company.
You're not introverted if you like company, you're just an awkward fuck.

I think the point of the thread is exchanging albums that gravitate towards introversion, does not being included offend you or are you just one of those self-absorbed pieces of shit that seeks out conflict and thinks that conveys strength?

Fine for introverts, but not introvert-core. The lyrics in the first two songs are not for introverts.

marriage is different. introvert doesn't mean has no friends, or is awkward around people. it just means what said.

to state the obvious

Loveless obviously

Great thread guys, super cozy. Happy Friday.

You are absolutely my nigga for posting The End of History. I used to listen to that while driving alone through snow storms. I almost never see Fionn Regan mentioned here.

Just gave this album a try because of your post and Be Good or Be Gone has me hooked in for the rest of the ride.

>new

Any Cocteau Twins album.

>all this sad/melancholy music ITT
If you're actually introverted you don't feel bad about being alone, by definition.

Instead, introvert-core would be intense and energetic, and have themes and moods that suggest large spaces and crowds. Or it would be mellow and have pleasant themes, lyrics and imagery.

I hope you enjoy it, user.