Thoughts on Daisy?

Thoughts on Daisy?

Under-appreciated, a grower, although some songs are definitely stinkers. Probably their last album I would recommend, unless the person was really into post-hardcore and/or really hated pop punk.

Great album but not really as good as Devil and God, which is a 10/10 and makes my top ten albums.

About as good and maybe a little bit better than Deja Entendu, better than YFW. I say strong 7 to light 8.

Vices and Sink are good. The rest is pretty bad.

It's not their best, and I feel like they put it out to be contrarian. Which would be fine if it were good, but it sounded like ass. I think I recall that Vin Accardi was more involved in the songwriting on this one - so it's not up to par with Jessie's work that people grew accustomed to.

Not as good as TDAG or FOYD but I still love it. A bit biased here as I like everything they've done

I think Daisy is the best song. I don't really like Vices.

I would agree, but I can't get into majority of Your Favorite Weapon.

It's probably the second best pop punk album ever released, after Enema of the State. I hate pop punk outside of blink and YFW

Not as good as Deja or D&G but a really solid album, 7/10 in my opinion.Most of the songs are pretty mediocre but some are great like At The Bottom, Sink, Vices and In a Jar.

I feel like you just described exactly why I can't get into it. The only tracks I like are Logan, No Seatbelt, and mostly Soco.

You don't like Last Chance? It's really similar to Logan IMO

>doesn't like pop punk
>thinks is qualified to make a statement like "second best pop punk album ever released"

end your life my dude

pick literally any JEW album and it's better than both of those combined.

Not who you're replying to but based Jimmy isn't pop-punk

It's okay. Logan feels like old skate park memories. Last Chance feels more punk party.

Well, I meant more modern pop punk. I enjoyed the last three Wonder Years records, but I can't listen to anything else from the genre today. I like Taking Back Sunday, Say Anything, and Saves the Day, I just don't really listen to pop punk anymore

Jude Law and a Semester Abroad is the best song off that

I guess it's a bit different, I just always put those two together

But you said you "hate pop punk". Do you really crave Sup Forums's validation so much that you'd say that despite being a fan of the older stuff? Weird.

Anyway, there's some pretty cool neo-pop punk coming out these days, but most of it is crossed over with emo, indie, and post-hardcore, something I like to call "post pop punk"

i enjoy it. some hard hitting songs; different tone

Hate was a bad word to use

Also

It's one of those albums that kind of hit me in the right spot at the right time while I was growing up, and I still listen to it and enjoy it unironically

If you didn't go through lame edgy phases listening to it you'll never like it, but I do honestly believe it's on a higher tier than most of the generic pop-punk shit that was coming out at that time.

Jesse's natural songwriting ability shines through just enough to put it a cut above most of it's contemporaries even if it's extremely try-hard and dated

I get you. Did you ever listen to Linkin Park when you were young?

>Bleed American and Futures aren't pop punk
e xcuse me

There's a thin line between a band naturally evolving and sounding like their trying too hard to progress their sound

I'd say this album falls towards the latter, but I still like it tbqh and I wouldn't really call it a weak spot in their discography

this

it's a really good album but it felt like some of the songs were just kinda "there" like Gasoline and You Stole.

But Vices, Noro, Sink, Bought a Bride and Daisy are all excellent songs and some of their best.

If it's really their final album it's not a bad way to go out. I wish they'd do one more though.

They are. Most likely going to be released/announced before the year is up.

uhhhhh I definitely remember that Meteora came out when I was pretty young and my friend had it on CD and we'd listen to it while playing vidya with our friends in his basement

Never really considered myself a fan though. I actually think younger me saw SOAD as the patrician version of Linkin Park kek

*Patrick Bateman*