Why has rock music always been so afraid of the piano?

Why has rock music always been so afraid of the piano?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LQ84vE2o_2k
youtube.com/watch?v=7IjgZGhHrYY)
youtube.com/watch?v=1JSDJCypTeo)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

B-but user piano was a major instrument in 50's rock and roll

Um ok mang. Thats why one of the most successful rock bands of the 2000's was well known for its piano usage

What are you talking about? Even bands like Led Zeppelin used the piano.

because piano takes years to master, everyone can be a decent guitarist in a few months

Because you've listened to almost no rock and roll in your life.

piano vs keyboard argument

Nigga have you listened to No Quarter by loop zoop? Especially live

I assume coldplay?

YOU SHAKE MY NERVES AND YOU RATTLE MY BRAIN

Richard Wright

piano can't really be as macho or as sleek and sexy as a guitar, you can't really be mobile with a piano. With pianos (and keyboards). you can only look either like a "proper musician", a cringeworthy cheesey prog guy or some sort of underground cave dwelling alternative mastermind with aspergers. Unfortunately image is quite a large part of music. I don't entirely agree with but a beginner guitarist will sound x10 better then a beginner pianist or a beginner violinist or a beginner drummer. Also , , have points in that piano is still a very common instrument in rock, it's just not the backbone. It's uncommon for a fully fledged. album published rockband to not have used any piano in their songs.

Aside from Elton John, I can't think of any primarily piano-based rock musicians after the 50s.

Anyone care to recommend some rock songs which incorporate the piano?

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Call Me the Breeze

It sounds kind of dinky in most rock music. It has its moments though, although synths are pretty common so I don't feel like bands actively avoid musicians who play keys.

Your thread was so shitty it attracted Montie. Congrats.

>literally a bonus track on a punk album
youtube.com/watch?v=LQ84vE2o_2k

because piano is calm beautiful
rock is rough and harsh

didn't some blues rock use the piano though?

What is glam rock?

Lots of big rock bands used the piano though

Have you never listened to rock music?

Just about every prog rock band had a keyboardist and any metal with melodic in the name usually has a keyboardist.

>It's uncommon for a fully fledged. album published rockband to not have used any piano in their songs
Did RHCP ever use keyboards in a song? I don't recall any.

Who are Queen?

Also GN'R had a bunch of great piano based tracks.

Tear on by the way

Metallica didn't have any that I recall. If they did, it was probably on the 90s albums.

Judas Priest used keyboards on the early albums but they stopped doing it after Stained Class.

technically you're wrong because The Unforgiven 3 came out in the 2000's.

This, wailing piano man was big in the 50s (Little Richard, Fats Domino, etc)

But tbqh it's cheaper to get rid of the sax and piano and once rock and roll because distinct from R&B we got the traditional 4 piece rock combo

Plus noisy guitars are edgier anyways

Kiss had a bunch of tracks with keyboards including Nothing To Lose from the first album. Beth of course was a piano ballad and Crazy Nights had loads of keyboards, in fact that album drew criticism from longtime fans for not enough guitar.

>Aside from Elton John, I can't think of any primarily piano-based rock musicians after the 50s.
What are you talking about, man?
Jerry Lee Lewis (youtube.com/watch?v=7IjgZGhHrYY)
Arthur Brown (youtube.com/watch?v=1JSDJCypTeo)
Dozens of them.

I'd say Elvis's rockers like Hound Dog approached the modern concept of rock better than Little Richard since they were mostly guitar driven.

Yeah, Little Richard has always been more like proto-soul than rock

>after the 50s

Or Chuck Berry, but then Johnnie Johnson's piano was an ever-present part of his songs.

because it doesn't rock

There's also the fact that pianos are also more expensive instruments. A lot of movements in rock were centered around the poorer classes, so pianos and the training and lessons needed to play them were probably harder to come by

You're fucking stupid you should fix that or smth

Any chance you could recommend some bands that had a rockin' R&B sound, rather than soul-focused acts? Idk, kinda like the Blues Brothers

Jerry's second album came out in '62. Arthur's first - in '68.

Fats Domino was more of an R&B guy than a rocker anyway. He'd been a name for several years before rock-and-roll broke, although I guess his 1956-57 hits represented the apex of his popularity. Christgau said he was the one 50s rock-and-roller that almost everyone universally loved.

>Why has rock music always been so afraid of the piano?

this cunt is playing more keyboards than the amount of braincells in ur head

Guitars lend themselves better to amplification which is necessary to play in a stadium.