Good punk bands?

Good punk bands?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ema_ZFg2lEY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

not that one

What does Sup Forums think of The Addicts?

specifically that one

Also :
> Black Flag
> Minor Threat
> Wipers
> Wire
> Descendents
> Rites of Spring
> Nomeansno
> Misfits
> MDC
> Fugazi
> Gang of Four
> The Clash
> Bad Brains

I Can't tell whether you are joking or not? The Sex pistols started the punk movement in the U.K They are one of the biggest well known punk bands in history

Thank you ever since i listened to the sex pistols I've wanted to delve deeper into punk and listen other great bands.

Bad Religion.

>Adolescents
>Bad Brains
>Bad Religion
>Black Flag
>The Clash
>Crass
>Crisis
>Dead Kennedys
>Descendents
>Fugazi
>Leftover Crack
>Minor Threat
>Minutemen
>Misfits
>Propagandhi
>Ramones
>Reagan Youth
>Refused
>Urinals

Don't forget this user

hahahahahahahahaa

Those are some of my favorites from the top of my head, although most of them are Hardcore Punk, which is a bit different from "classic" UK Punk (even though the Sex Pistols were pretty Hardcore compared to bands like, say, The Clash or The Ramones). Hardcore Punk is a little more violent and fast, less melodic, and it's American, which is an important point.

I encourage you to also dig into Post Punk bands (if you liked the Sex Pistols, John Lydon founded Public Image Ltd which is a major Post Punk band, after the Pistols broke up). Post-Punk is an amazing genre of its own with great variety of sounds.
It's basically Punk but slower, darker, colder, more melodic. It's a little like New Wave's depressed brother (New Wave also came from Punk)
Also try to avoid anything Pop Punk; most of it is shit

Sorry if i sound patronizing, i don't know where you're at, and 2bh Punk and its derivatives is probably my favorite genre and i could talk about it for hours kek

I also like political punk any good political punk bands?

And i know pop punk is trash haahhahahaha

and i like the hardcore sound so that's fine

well that's tough since most Punk bands talk about social and political stuff kek
well at least you started with one of the bests, most people get into Punk with shit like Green Day or Blink-182
But the Descendents or Buzzcocks could be labeled as Pop Punk and they're great so it depends

actually i think Milo Goes to College is a great starter for Punk

Ok got it. im writing all this shit down for later kek

The Stranglers are great.
No real album recommendation, their greatest hits will do.

Remember kids

also if you're into the Hardcore sound you might like Emo
yeah i know it's never ending but that's one of the things i love about Punk, it seems pretty straight-forward but it's actually really versatile and gave birth to a lot of other great genres

>Fugazi

lol

Well i don't know about that i haven't heard of any new punk bands lately.

Go to a local venue, or fuck just look at the first page of Punknews if you don't want to leave your house. I can't stand this "lol punk is dead" meme.

Christ, even Pitchfork hypes up mediocre "art punk" bands every once in a blue moon.

That's fine i'm just trying to really delve into punk as much as i can so keep em coming.

Ok thanks for the advice

Get into Post Punk and Emo too if you want to go to shows.

Are you Straight Edge OP?
If not you don't deserve good punk music you degenerate.

I Can't tell whether you are joking or not? Coldplay started the very heavy soft-rock movement in the U.K They are one of the biggest well known mediocre bands in history

I just like all music desu honest mate i think it's a great genre and i just wanna delve more into it because i like it.

Meant for

omega tribe
poison girls
crass
conflict
gbh
flux of pink indians
4skins
zounds
discharge
sham 69
stiff little fingers