Music about Quantum Physics

Anybody have recommendations? The only thing I can think of is Red and Tooth Claw by BATS, but it's kinda cringe.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jxa1KUYsj_s
youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Particle_in_a_box
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=Jxa1KUYsj_s

im curious... are you a physics student or just find yourself romanticizing the subject? or are you interested in music about QM for some other reason?

King Crimson's Red

Math is just a limiting construct. I studied English, but I read about quantum physics and I can comprehend all the theorems and unifying concepts, as well as the implications of QM. Sure, I can't do the math, but I can understand it better than most undergrad physics students.

Does anyone remember that website made by that Japanese schizophrenic who made a thread on here about "wormhole music", which was promptly derailed by AUTISM?

Oh yeah? What do you think about string theory then? Or about goddamn black holes?

Holy shit lmao please be serious.

>Or about goddamn black holes?
literally ripping apart time and space seems like a good start to get things done.

to get the quantum data at least

I was thinking more like the afterlife

which may not exist now but once the galaxy is consumed by a blackhole then maybe it could be created and then certain people would be retrieved like the rapture

well that's an interesting perspective. but i wouldn't be so quick to call math a "limiting construct" when all of those theorems, concepts, and implications come right from the math

Lmao just say you're not a physics student but you're interested, don't start with this shit

OP here, this was not my response. Sorry, just because you read Infinite Jest all the way through doesn't mean you can understand anything you want through literature.

But to answer , I'm not a physics student, but the topic has interested me for a long time, and my close friend (a physics student) and I talk about the topic quite frequently. I have some grounding in the mathematics required to really grasp it, but I'm still working on it.

I mainly ask because I've been thinking about either writing a short novel or concept album about something that deals with a person studying QM (not being specific about the idea beyond that, because I don't want anyone to steal my idea), and I wanted to draw some inspo from other people who have tried to express thoughts about or concepts in the topic through music.

the problem with that is the fields only allow for 3 ways to do this, 2 of which are only theoretically possible with access to the quantum data inside the black hole itself--it's a paradox. the other way will require more fuel than they have.

This guy is literally a moron

how many hours did you spend on wikipedia?
two? three?

How does this album deal with quantum physics? I grew up with this album, so maybe I'm missing references in the lyrics because of how I have aged with it.

you should check out night train by martin amis and the book Solar

youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM

that's a pretty neat idea. right away im thinking it might be cool to somehow incorporate the mathematical "visualization" of simple one-dimensional applications... e.g. the infinite potential well. i always got kind of an "aesthetic" kick out of it when i was learning it. you can find more about that stuff here:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Particle_in_a_box

im not sure where your grounding in mathematics is... but if you know how to solve some simple trigonometric 2nd order differential equations you can even do some problems yourself

good luck with your endeavors

sorry for geeking out

Thanks. Checked out the summaries and this is the kind of stuff I'm looking for, even though it isn't music. Appreciate it man!

>tfw Sup Forums talking about math was even more fucking retarded than you ever imagined

no probs man, they're both sweet

If you equip the tonnetz with the right structure you can make it into a vector space so that state vectors of some quantum system can be represented by elements in it, and music can be made from it by applying time evolution operators during regular intervals. But you should read textbooks before you even attempt to try to understand QM from popsci books.
t. condensed matter grad student.

condensed matter is for gaywads

go biophysics

>implying he has the right to call anything gay when he's advocating for the gayest of them all

The visual aesthetics of scientific diagrams and mathematics are kinda interesting, although I find that the focus on beauty makes the substance less conveyable to an audience - at least in my experience.
For instance (this isn't QM, but it's kind of related to what I'm talking about), I have watched the film "Primer" with musicians and film students, and they never understand it the first time around and the whole time they are more interested in the aesthetics of something being "complex" or "mathy".
Also, yes I can solve trig 2nd order diff equations, what are some examples of problems I can do?
>good luck with your endeavors, sorry for geeking out
Thank you, and no prob, I encourage the geeking out.

Check out sithu aye

>music can be made from it by applying time evolution operators during regular intervals
Or I can open my DAW and write a song like a normal person.

>you should read textbooks before you even attempt to try to understand QM from popsci books

Duh.

ur moms vagina is a vector space and im always an element of it

you sound like a huge fag

rekt