50 years later and it still sounds ahead of it's time

50 years later and it still sounds ahead of it's time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wTP89YIOcCk
youtube.com/watch?v=zQxSJG6T9oY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tame Impala literally did it better

tame impala literally sucks my dick

youtube.com/watch?v=wTP89YIOcCk
Published on June 2, 2016

what did they mean by this

Just testing Sup Forums

Peak group performance.
Paul's songwriting finally matched John's, and George's finally started to show prowice. Also Tomorrow never knows is the greatest LSD trip that doesn't scare the shit out of me.

>Paul's songwriting finally matched John's

>implying Paul wasn't the better songwriter to start with

I think he was always a tiny bit behind before. I do think he moved way fucking forward after Sgt. Pepper.

I feel the opposite. Paul always had a better slightly ear for melodies and was a better part writer since he was such an excellent multi instrumentalist.

That's mostly preference though. The main thing imo is that even in his solo career he adored writing songs about love. Saccharine feel-good pop is just what he does best. So in the days where the Beatles were more straight forward pop about love, he was a step ahead of John. When the Beatles started writing more introspective songs, John took the lead because he had a more tragic life to draw lyrical inspiration from and he just had a better knack for feelsy introspective lyrics. Then when the band started getting really experimental, John was the more forward thinking Beatle. Paul had Helter Skelter, and that's about it.

Helter Skelter and, because I have severe retardation, Maxwell Silver Hammer.
Thank you for a well thought opinion on Sup Forums. I see where you're coming from.

Pretty sure they thought they were covering The Nuge my man

youtube.com/watch?v=zQxSJG6T9oY

Lol @ this meme band. I tried to listen but after busting up laughing at that excuse of a guitar solo in Taxman I had to shut it off. Holy shit that was funny though.

Crack isn't good for you.

Was that George Harrison's excuse for being a shit axe man?

You can't lie that Revolver hasn't aged well. It may have been revolutionary for it's time, but in retrospect it's nothing special.

pics with a time stamp my man

>George Harrison
>shit at guitar
B8 harder m8

I never really got the love for this album until i listened to the mono remaster, it sounds so much more alive.

I'm the only one that thinks that pre experimental era paul voice sounds better?

After sgt peppers it seems he didn't put as much effort on his vocal performances as he did earlier, it's not really a complaint it's just something i noticed.

>implying those bright as fuck guitars sound ahead of their time

Actually it was PAUL who played the lead solo on Taxman NOT George!

Here's a fun fact: On The Beatles' very last international tour in 1966 before becoming a studio band exclusively NOT ONE SONG off of Revolver was ever performed in concert in front of a live audience. even though the album came out while they were on tour.

Why would it stop sounding ahead of its time?