Sup Forums

This place is full of circle jerking hipsters. I've had a better time listening to static and police sirens than what you people think is quality music

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sumb3GYuAT8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

but static and police sirens sound like quality music

merzbow general?

That's what I'm saying

if you listen to static and police sirens then you're the circle jerking hipster here

youtube.com/watch?v=Sumb3GYuAT8

REEEEEEEEEE

Well I've done it Sup Forums. You've broken me. I just spent the last half hour listening to a nigger yell in my ear behind some shit lo-fi synths WITHOUT any explanation. Do you understand Sup Forums? That means I've lost. That means that ignorance and meme spamming and shitposting nonsense has finally lead me down the oily path straight into the oven. You've set me ablaze Sup Forums. I'm on fire.

Wow. Just wow. Never in my life have I heard anything so fucking pretentious and useless to the whole of music in my entire life. A nigger and his junkie pals discover punk music and it's headline news? What a waste of fucking time. What a waste of spam. What a waste of energy.

Are any of you proud of this faggotry? Are any of you better off for it? Do you really deem this music as worthy of any sort of acclaim? Are you all really 16?

What happened Sup Forums? What happened to all the things you stood for? Why am I raging in a shit thread asking for ONE SIMPLE FUCKING ANSWER and off all idiot spamming, posting-without-reading-the-thread anons and unfunny, unintelligent, nonsensical, waste of space and burden on society trips not ONE of you idiots could meet a demand? Not one can explain your actions?

Is Sup Forums just a farm of chickens looking up to the sky with their mouths open drowning in filthy rainwater piss because everyone else is doing it?

I listen to a great deal of that kind of stuff and I totally understand and respect where you are coming from.

The static helps me sleep

“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

tl;dr: if you believe hipsters exist, you are a plebeian.

Go to music-chan if you don't like it here

Thank you, I appreciate it. Stay the hell away from me

wait wut

how's the traffic?

I'm as surprised to know such a thing exists as he is

kek
you also wasted all that time writing a shit paragraph that nobody cared about so

this is the faggiest thread ever

I don't understand how anyone listening to something random recommended on this board could think it sounds weird in any way. Yeah, there are people who listen to harsh noise but most of the shit talked about on here is pretty standard rock or pop.

shit bait here's a (You)

Sup Forums is a place for egotistical pretentious hipsters to gather around and throw around memes of NMH's "Aeroplane Over the Sea" album cover and pretend that they don't love the "plebian" music that once used to be "so undergroud" or "so lo-fi" or "so raw".

That's the fucking problem with this place. It attempts to classify ever single possible genre in which a band or piece of music could be classified into, then proceeds to create stigmas based on these types of music.

Now I'm not one to say that I enjoy mainstream music either. It's contrived and mindless and should not be considered art by any means, but this shit's gotten fucking ridiculous, Sup Forums.

While all of you fawn over the "underground" culture that has been constructed by the interwebs, what you're really doing is taking all the music that is held so hallowed and "primo" and perpetuating it into an endless cycle.

1). The music (let's say Death Grips for example) is taken and perpetuated on Sup Forums for being "raw" and "innovative" and "engaging".

2) Then pretentious hipster fucks like Anthony Fantano (that knows absolutely nothing about musical composition or what it means to be a musician) make a video review of the music; Thereby either upholding it as musical "genius" or shit.

3). The cyclical hipster wheel then comes full circle back to Sup Forums where it is shared further and fawned over some more.

Eventually, the music you once fawned over becomes popular because of the permeating nature of online media, and what do you do? You stop listening to it because it becomes part of "the mainstream".

Essentially, fuck you Sup Forums. You're a paradoxical message board that defeats itself with every post

>and should not be considered art by any means
All music is art. That doesn't mean it's good though.