Okay, I've tried, but I just can't. I like Metal, Jazz, some Electronic music and Alt Rock, but that's it...

Okay, I've tried, but I just can't. I like Metal, Jazz, some Electronic music and Alt Rock, but that's it. I really don't enjoy music outside of that, classical, prog rock, chamber music, folk, industrial, hip hop, etc, it just doesn't work for me. Is it all an acquired taste or am I fucked? I really want to enjoy more kinds of music..

>pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=92XVwY54h5k
youtube.com/watch?v=1AcJpYBIboM
youtube.com/watch?v=0mkLNYaCJns
youtube.com/watch?v=4puradUR-Y0
youtube.com/watch?v=OfCHwsp9bSc
youtube.com/watch?v=uRBgy43gCoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FdNS4g8vOnc
youtube.com/watch?v=qOgldkETcxk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

look no further...
youtube.com/watch?v=92XVwY54h5k

>alt rock

Listen to Swans

You probably just aren't listening to the right stuff. Post what you like now so we can give recs based on it.

Swans is a bit hit or miss for me, they have some amazing songs like Oxygen and Avatar, but most of the time they're a bit eh to me

Don't like them

(you)

Why not you tell us what you like, you retard?

youtube.com/watch?v=1AcJpYBIboM
youtube.com/watch?v=0mkLNYaCJns
youtube.com/watch?v=4puradUR-Y0
youtube.com/watch?v=OfCHwsp9bSc
youtube.com/watch?v=uRBgy43gCoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FdNS4g8vOnc
youtube.com/watch?v=qOgldkETcxk

Well, you can't be fucked if you like jazz.

there's honestly, sincerely so much music to discover that being complacent means you aren't trying hard enough in either finding it or in being a better listener

It's acquired taste, senpai.
If someone told me 5-6 years ago that I'll be into stuff like noise,classical music, county, hip-hop, free improvisation, I would't know what to think. Try to explore the verges of you musical horizons, where the things you are familiar with blend with the unknown - don't jump right into gregorian chanting (even if that's a good first step for classical) or something.
Also, maybe get yourself a music history book for the library, it'll get you pumped if you are a buff.

Those terms are so broad you could literally find enough albums to keep you entertained for years

Fuck off, I'm not clicking on those links. Name your top 10 albums

I know, but I spent most of my time thinking of how I should look for stuff instead of looking for stuff

Sounds like a good idea!

Burial - Burial and Burial - Untrue
MUCC - Gokusai
Radiohead - OK Computer
Frank Zappa - Hot Rats
AnCo - Merriweather Post Pavilion
NMH - In the meme over the sea
Slint - Spiderland
Tame Impala - Lonerism
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Death - Individual Thought Patterns

Listen to some of the more dramatic and/or harsher classical music
>Dvorak's 9th symphony
>Prokofiev's 2nd piano concerto
>Rachmaninoff's 2nd piano concerto (I can hear /classical/ tying their panties in a knot already)
>Stravinsky's Rite of Spring
>Bartok's Miraculous Mandarin

>"I like jazz and metal"
>his top jazz album is fucking Kind of Blue
>his top metal album is by Death
>Everything else is literally Sup Forumscore and sub/mu/core

Jesus fucking christ, you can't possibly have been on this board longer than 5 days

I'm on Sup Forums for 2-3 years desu, I know it's bad

... and you call that trying, lol.

Sure, I've been on here since 2001

To be fair, 99.9% of the time I just google stuff like "prog rock essential albums" pick the one I listened to last time, listen to it, and then I repeat it for another genre, annoying habit

I mean it looks like you're not entirely clueless and that you have enough self-awareness to realize your perceived lack. I'd say just dig deeper into the subgenres you enjoy and trace the influences of artists you like and of those subgenres. You just have to put effort in yourself because it's a personal journey of experience and the more you commit the more you'll get out of it.

Internet has made consuming quantity easy, it's the discerning quality that requires a semblance of effort.

>oh yeah i'm into jazz
>hot rats, kind of blue, the list goes on and on...

I find it helps to listen to all music, and especially new music, with the question in mind of "how did this artist make this/given the time and resources, could i have made this?". Gets you listening for nuance and the "craft".

I've heard a lot of other Jazz albums, but these are just better imo

Anyways, gtg now, cya later

"The list goes on and on..." the post

Name your top 10 jazz albums

this gon be good

Don't worry user. I feel the same.

You want some help w/ Jazz?
Listen to the paris cafe station and mellow piano jazz station on jazzradio.com

You want help with electronic?
Listen to psybient and dub techno stations on digitally imported. Also, listen to Bjork.

you cant fucking listen to "all music"