What do you guys think of this beauty?

What do you guys think of this beauty?

Still need to hear it, have only heard the singles so far but enjoyed those much more than what was on Sky Blue.

Also, lol @ his merch

lol so goofy xdddDDD

trve metalheadz only

How could you ever release something bearing that awful cover art? How did literally zero people say "hey that looks like total dog puke"

This guy's fanbase is balding 39y/o 5'2" asian men who make jokes about transpeople in public bathrooms

I thinkl it's his best since addicted

Oddly specific.

they also have IT admin jobs and drive minivans

just like epicloud, the 2nd disc was superior to the first.
devy has hit a wall because he got too comfortable in his life. i dont wish stress and pain on the man but his best music always came from bad places

Literally the only person I've seen who copped to liking them was this shitty little bald asian man who saw the line for the bathroom and "joked" "what's taking so long, is there a trans person in there!"

Then when he got to the urinal next to me he turned and said "Do you like Devin Townsend?"

I said "Shut the fuck up you tiny idiot", zipped up, and walked away.

Fuck this band, it's for tiny dicked losers.

The ITunes cover looks leagues better

You hate him all because of ONE MAN, that is wild

Need to hear this

You ok?

>Then when he got to the urinal next to me he turned and said "Do you like Devin Townsend?"

If this post is true it is the best post up on this board right now.

too bad it's not lol, still pretty funny tho

High mid tier b8 from user. Almost fell for the whole gender-insensitive petite asian man demographic meme.

It's true, happened when I saw Pallbearer in Detroit a few weeks ago. I left before Baroness because Baroness sucks ass.

Here's the thing:
I really love progressive rock and progressive metal in genetal and I feel I'm missing a lot when it comes to Devin's works since people use to jerk over it so much.
His music always sound so overthetop and overproduced for me, am I missing something? What's the appeal? Which album should I start?

>What's the appeal?
youtube metal nerds are his main audience. go figure.

that's kind of the point. devin's music is typically very dramatic and over-the-top, with massive production. if you still want to try to get into his music, ocean machine or terria are probably the best places to start

i like Addicted

definitely check out Terria, although his most proggy may be Synchrestra.

I wonder what kind of cool demographic you belong to that I've never heard about. Even though you post on Sup Forums, you're obviously not a nerd. Rec me great albums from obscure bands who perform in awesome little low-key venues that have fan bases approximately consisting of 40% successful, intellectual alpha males and 60% sexy, ultra-cool females. I want to be in the know.

Not the guy you're replying to, but man, I'm cringing at you so hard.

Are you the old bald short Asian guy?

You're gonna drive that meme off into the sunset aren't you?

He's supposed to be goofy and "self aware"

EXPERIENCE
TRANQUILITY

lol nice comeback chief.

Have you checked out Casualties of Cool? It's basically his country / ambient album which is very, very subdued for Devin. Also probably one of his better albums - I do agree with you that his albums get sickeningly OTT