What's it like to live in an African village deep in the jungle?

What's it like to live in an African village deep in the jungle?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sMf7GTNTtZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=QOj_NvfTLUU
youtube.com/watch?v=-jsD3cy_Ovs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How do you expect us to know?

I expect at least one user to travel to Africa, live in a remote village for at least a year, then report back on the experience, provided that he survives.

Africa is very confy desu.

Must be pretty awesome. No cellphones and no internet, you can live like it's the 70s, just enjoy life, day by day.

I've been to some of the countries at the Southern tip (SA, Namibia, Angola), so it's not really jungle but I've visited some very remote villages. Basically it would suck, unless you were fortunate enough to live near a Safari camp or something where you could work/sell trinkets to the tourists.

I've never been there, but I've done a fair amount of reading. Apparently family ties are much stronger there, extended family lives nearby, and everyone in a given village knows each other. It's uncommon to be able to access foreign consumer goods like manufactured toys, so children grow up learning how to make toys themselves and entertain themselves without TV or similar devices. People are also more commonly multilingual, being raised so since childhood because Africa has so many languages one must learn to communicate. That being said, people also live on the brink of going hungry often, have limited access to education, and don't have utilities like widespread running water or electricity. Infant mortality is rather high, as is maternal mortality, and if you catch something like strep throat you're likely to either recover on your own if you're lucky or just die.

What happened?

>The prime directive was violated, user. They had not discovered fire, yet. So we tried to teach them. Unfortunately, they were not able to control it on their own. As soon as we left, the village was set in fire.

whites came

youtube.com/watch?v=sMf7GTNTtZ4

Gf comes from Lesotho (dirt poor people in mountains)
She grew up in a village
She says now she has social anxiety, and can't deal with large crowds from growing up in such a small community
Also she's hates the way city folks can just live in such close proximity to each other and never even greet each other
Hates city noises
Was surrounded by nature
All her friends from the village are now mothers (she's 20)
Life is slow
The women work the land and shit
The village men drink and smoke pot all day
Some men go into the mountains as shepherds and just smoke weed all day and slowly lose their minds
Teachers at the school will send you home with big bruises from beating you
Any official government document has to be obtained though corrupt means
Roads are almost non existent

THAT LOOKS BETTER THAN MY HOMETOWN! DEELETE THIS!

If this are average streets in Rwanda, then I can see it been ok for African standards.

That's on par with with good cities here...

Is Rwanda civilized? Are these the mythical intelligent Africans?

This me hope desu.

You'd probably fit right in until you learned that they don't have any petrol for you to sniff.

Why did they split their villages up?

There's a river there you see

Lol, just ended the video. You can see how it stops right before entering a less beutiful and clean street. The music sudenly cuts.

Mmmm woah really? Didnt see that giant river. Thanks for pointing that out

This coment, tho:
>the reason the city is clean is because every month they littrelly get out of the house with brooms cleaning the road

seems cherrypicked desu

Obviously it is, there's a ton of inequality in Africa. Every nice city is surrounded by slums and all that. But Rwanda is a little beacon of hope in an ocean of shit in that they're improving faster than most of Africa.

I find this stereotype of lazy bum rural men while women do all the job so weird. Because I'm from a somewhat traditional state and I still got to see the phenomenon of urbanization in my place, and among the rural folks here men work hard as hell, this is why they are the first ones eager to go to the city, while women are not so eager. I see the same in those programs showing amish people abandoning the communities, there's always more boys than girls, because they hate the hard working rural life.

No problem I'm here to help with any problems you might have my leafy friend.

Also they have a high imprisonment rate. They truly clean their streets.

Actually looks pretty decent. I wonder where all the dust in Africa comes from. Isn't most of it a jungle?

Africa is mostly a savanna, few parts of it are a jungle

>the mythical intelligent Africans?

No, those are the Namibians.
youtube.com/watch?v=QOj_NvfTLUU

Welcome to the Hotel Rwanda. Plenty of room here at the hotel Rwanda.

they got a bunch of western aid after their genocide

it's dumb how countries like rwanda and somalia are ultimately rewarded for resorting to chaos

lol where the fuck do you live nigga

Now you've got that bloody song stuck in my head.

looks comfy

however i would like to avoid meeting my end at the blade of a machete so i will avoid places like rwanda and mexico

Different cultures I guess
Can imagine comparing your average Japanese man with your average Italian/American/Nigerian guy, won't give you the same work ethic

There's a greentext that floats somewhere around /his/ about rwandan paratroopers and how they almost fucking annexed the congo.
They seem based.
Also for some reason smaller countries tend to do better in Africa

youtube.com/watch?v=-jsD3cy_Ovs