Do Europeans import American wine?

Do Europeans import American wine?

I've bought it in Switzerland. The local stuff is a lot cheaper. A drinkable reisling or pinot grigio is like $4 / liter.

I have yet to see foreign wine

I've never had wine before. What does it taste like mr. baguette?

It tastes like grape juice with alcohol. Beer is better.

tastes like shit

piss

There's Californian wine in most countries, but I don't buy it because to be quite frank I don't want to give money to homosexuals and communists

I love Maneschewitz

Imagine being Orson in that ad and having to be all like "Muuuhaaaahhh, Paul Masson, you fuckin' fine, all delicious with your in-the-bottle fermentation and horrific faux-French monstrous taste. I would totally drink you, both in this advert and one for frozen peas." when all he really wants to do is drink another $500 Dom Perignon in his dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Orson and not only sit in that chair while the extra pours his disgusting California champagne in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing the suspicious-looking sediment building in it, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while he perfected that pour. Not only having to tolerate the monstrous fucking taste but Paul Masson's haughty attitude as everyone on set says it's VINTAGE DATED and DAMN, PAUL MASSON CHAMPAGNE TASTES LIKE THAT?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and drink the disgusting fucking piss water contorting your palette into horrific flavours you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been drinking nothing but a healthy diet of Krug and Bollinger and later alleged moonshine for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Wisconsin. You've never even drunk anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the chemical contaminants in this mass produced sham pigswill as it's poured again and again for you, the extra smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in the "French excellence (for that is what they call it)", the excellence they worked so hard for with fermentation techniques in the previous months. And then the director calls for another take, and you know you could break a bottle and stab everyone in this room, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Orson Welles. You're drunk as fuck and don't know why the extra isn't doing anything. Just bear it. Slurr your lines and bear it.

t. Sheckleberg

good lad

You should try some imported champagne :)

kek

That probably flew right over most of Sup Forums's heads.

I've never seen American wine over here твн. Aside from European imports and locally produced, the most popular are New Zealand, South Africa, then a powergap followed by Argentina and Chile.

Southern hemisphere wine is the patrician choice.

I only buy french and italian wine

>he doesn't know the pleasure of an argentinian malbec paired with a delicious chargrilled streak off the parilla

We do, but of the new world New Zealand and Australian are more popular.

yes yes YES!!!

Said the lad from the land of Homos and Commies

South American wine, yes.

A post Brexit UK is good news for our exports too, expect to see a lot more once we negotiate a new trade deal with you.

What about chilean and argentinian wine?

I buy Argie wine, it's breddy good

I do bring back a bottle, occasionally. Not this time, tho, need to fucking check in my luggage in Frankfurt after the transatlantic flight.

What. No, we import wine from France and Italy.

Chilean and Californian wine. Mostly curiosity. The chilean was great.

Thanks to globalization there will always be some store importing the good stuff, but most people will continue buying local wines as they are way cheaper and good enough.

Argentinan malbec is like juice, all argie wine taste exactly the same and it is, very boring.
>btw meh focusing your choice on wine race only

Only good thing is this wine is cheaper than other imported wines .

I mean, >meh focusing your choice on grape race only hon hon hon

I had a great pleasure to participate in few American wine tastings in here. It was all wine from Oregon and most of it was just exelent, some just ok, only one undrikable. Most of the wine in shops though is cheap Californian one. not very good. You can get a decent American wine in some better wine shops but it's going to be expensive. Southern American wines are very popular (Chile, Argentina, sometimes even Peru). American beer is easy to get - also expensive - but it is fun to try something exotic once in a while.

I prefer Chilean and occasionally South African wine. European wine is usually overrated and overpriced.