Why are neighborhoods in the Western US so densely packed together?

Why are neighborhoods in the Western US so densely packed together?

Boomers

So the white progressives can keep black ghettoes from popping out in thier middle class oasis

You think west coast neighborhoods are densely packed? Have you ever lived in an east coast/great lakes former euro-immigrant neighborhood? People are packed like sardines in there with roads so narrow if you're 2 inches off while passing another car someone is losing a side view mirror.

The only benefit is there's very little property to manage and you have like 6 people to divvy up the work,

Examples?

They're literally some the most spaced out sprawl on earth.

>Packed together
>Literally so spread out that within 100 years the US is gonna be full /judgedredd/ and living in fucking suburban megacities that stretch for miles and miles

America's urban design is so fucked up.

Australia is just as bad as us.

>Be colonised by British, Dutch and French settlers
>Somehow end up as badly laid out as a colony of Irish and Scottish convicts with spots of petrol sniffing locals

>this makes the German orgasm

It's pretty impressive when you think about it - we're turning raw useless desert into housing developments with lawns and swimming pools and golf courses and other amenities.

Consider the energy and resources it takes to do that - and yet, to us, it's nothing. Our resources are so vast that we can undertake these projects and make them profitable.

Yet you wonder why California is running out of water.

Checked, just don't go to roughly 2/3rds of the city and you'll be just fine!

Cali has a problem with agricultural usage and a failure to build adequate pipelines. Las Vegas is actually doing alright in terms of residential and commercial water usage, as is most of Arizona.

I'll post a before/after shot of Las Vegas from space to show how much it has grown. The first image is from 1984:

*Roughly 1/3

>and make them profitable.

...and here's Vegas 2009, 25 years later. It's even bigger today.

God damn, if it's sustainable go us.

Dear god...

I want to murder the people who came up with auto-centric planning.

Why the fuck are we still doing this?

It's not, this sprawl never is

Why? Are dense overcrowded, overpriced, minorities ridden cities better than suburbs?

Dumbass burgers think because we don't put any effort or funding into cities they are destined to be shitty.

80% goes to almond farms and they are already starting to fuck off to Texas. Given that they amount to dick shit of our GDP we don't care.

Use an indicator to signal you aren't an American

I am American, I just realize that I'm a minority in this country when it comes to this.

is one of the few places where people agree with me.

Yes, absolutely

Are you retarded?

I walk to work and live within walking distance of museums, parks, concert halls, libraries, etc.

I can eat any kind of food whenever I want

City life is decadent and luxurious. A bland pleb like you just doesn't get it. Enjoy your Denny's and NFL barbecues and Wal-Mart trips, lol

>

>Hey let's make cities in the desert!
>Surely these will be sustainable!

>oh gee fellas, if only there was some sort of renewable energy that is best utilized in places like a desert and getting cheaper each year.
>if only it were as simple as out thing said technology on our roofs and growing desert vegetation to use in lawns.

They're like that in the UK too. Many "detached" homes are lI've 1m away from each other.

>II've
Lol wtf? I wrote like

I thought it was a quirky way you Brits typed.