Tailgating

What's your opinion on tailgate parties?

Have you ever been to one?

Are they an important aspect of American sports culture, or could they do without them?

Would you like tailgating to take off in YOUR country, and why/why not?

It's cringe as fuck and only fat rednecks defend it.

Why?

>I arrive at the stadium exactly on time, purchase a snack and a drink and proceed to my seat. I do not leave my seat even during half time. I remain calm and don't stand up or make noises during exciting play. When the match is concluded I wait until 80% of the crowd has departed before I make my way out to my car to depart home. I make eye contact with no one.

We have pubs in this country

no.

fuck stadiums built in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, fuck driving to a stadium and fuck tailgate parties.

Full of muslims, Indians, and britcucks who can't handle their liquor.

ITT: fat and antisocial neckbeards who were never invited to tailgates in college, or who never went to college.

We just go the pub instead

>GEt tickets to a sporting event
>Face the prospect of going two hours without eating

PACK UP THE BARBECUE BOYS, WE'RE HAVIN A HOG ROAST IN MA TRUCK.

sporting events are at least 3 hours long in the USA

Tailgates are ok. Nice way to save some money because >stadiumfoodprices. But it's not as if its a core part of going to games.

Tailgates are amazing. You are jelly.

This is only a thing because most stadiums in the USA are in the middle of bumfucknowhere. It takes me like 15 min to get from the oldtown/city center to the stadium either by PT or bike, fuck taking a car to the stadium so at least one of the lads won't be able to drink.

I bet it's pretty good fun
wouldn't really work here as a lot of teams still play at old grounds tucked in between rows of houses and in city centres

good post

Why the fuck would muslims go to a pub? They don't drink you fucking mutant

As other people have said, we don't really have the locations for it here, looks pretty comfy though, few beers and some food with your mates before heading in for a game, I could get behind that

Isn't it just the same as going to the pub for a couple of pints and a pie/spoons breakfast?

Tailgating is best for college football, not that great for most other sports.

There is no better sports-related feel than going to your first tailgate in college.

I guess it's analogous to that, I'd see it as a product of location, you're more likely to go to a pub before going to a ground in the UK because most football grounds are near/in major population centres, if you're in the middle of nowhere I think having a cheeky BBQ and some brews would be cool on a nice day

I did it once oustide of the MCG on Grand final day one year, it was comfy and wholesome fun тbh.

Imagine going to spoons with thousands of people but you have your own private area and you don't spend money outside of whatever you bring to the tailgate.

Also, there are girls

Soz I didn't actually mean to reply to you, but yeah it is.

We don't really have the weather or stadia for it. Also it sounds like a whole thing where you've got to go out and buy meat and a disposable BBQ and shit.

Would rather just go to the pub 2bhwy