I'm in the market for a new pair of headphones for listening/producing, I see these posted here a bit...

I'm in the market for a new pair of headphones for listening/producing, I see these posted here a bit, so are they actually good or am I being memed? also headphones thread

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Sony-MDR7506-Professional-Diaphragm-Headphone/dp/B000AJIF4E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've had those for about two years and I like them a lot. I know shit-all about headphones though.

same, using mine right now

they are good

and I think they're quite neutral too so they should be good for production

a bit too bassy for me though. also technology board has a headphone general

they're decent but overpriced and overstated. sony mdr v6/7506 are better. these are also overpriced nowadays.

just don't fall for the amp and 1000$ headphone memes

Good entry-level "nice" headphones
Definitely solid for the price

>also technology board has a headphone general
just a bunch of spergs wanking about muh brands

m50x is a meme. M40x is better and cheaper

quite neutral & too bassy?

I like the m50x but go with the m40x they're cheaper and they sound better also if can afford it get some brainwaves pad to replace the shit stock ones.

also you don't need an amp for these headphones they're only like 35 ohms or some shit so dont listen to the amp faggots

difference between Sennheiser 558 and 598?

OP here, bought 'em

the 598's have more impedance.
you'll probably nee an entry level amp to go along with either of these though because they're both about 50 ohms

so the price difference is more for the materials of the headphones, rather than the innards?

they're the same thing

get grados

Get the new Sennheiser headphones.

Just bought the AKG K545s. I fucking love these things, but I don't produce music, I just listen to it.
If you want more bass get the AKG K553 Pros

>Audio Meme X-50's
Literally just get the headphone that most audio engineers use, the MDR7506. They're 50 bucks cheaper and worlds better.

amazon.com/Sony-MDR7506-Professional-Diaphragm-Headphone/dp/B000AJIF4E

Get m40x's unless you want a beats equivalent. The m50's have no sound stage and are super heavy on the bass.

I've had my m50's for over 2 years and still enjoy them. It's definitely worth replacing the stock pleather earpads with aftermarket velour ones. They are a bit creaky with all the moving parts (can't tell if they are secure on your head though). Imo they have a pretty good sound signature, but open/semi open headphones will likely have a better sound stage. Overall good headphones and they come with a 2 year warranty.