Solange Discusses Hostility in “Predominately White Spaces” After Kraftwerk Concert Incident

>“This is why many black people are uncomfortable being in predominately white spaces.”

>Last night, Solange went to a Kraftwerk concert in New Orleans with her 11 year-old son, his friend, and her husband. During the event, she tweeted about a hostile incident that took place.

>While dancing to one of her favorite Kraftwerk songs, she wrote that “4 older white women yell to me from behind ‘Sit down now.’ I tell them I'm dancing at a concert. They yell, ‘you need to sit down now.’”

>Then, according to Solange, they threw a lime at her.

>Today, she shared an essay on her Saint Heron website called “And Do You Belong? I Do.” She wrote about the Kraftwerk concert and gave more context for the story by writing about other incidents when she felt similarly.

link to essay: saintheron.com/featured/and-do-you-belong-i-do/

thoughts? opinions? please keep it civil you guys

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XMJ4_GmHJJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=DqNxdCUV9nE
youtube.com/watch?v=eA_AUVlaDTc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i doubt this thread will go well

Same but I just wanna say that 11 year old and his friend are gonna grow up to be patrician af if they're at Kraftwerk concerts already

lmao

>be black woman
>attend white music concert
>get a lime thrown at you

>be white woman
>attend a black music concert
>get raped

oh good

the other two threads were getting kinda stale

wouldn't want the guys who don't use the catalog view to miss out on the buttmad

what do you consider a black concert?

>tfw all powerful white oppressor

Feels good man

Maybe they were upset because she was blocking their view?

>>be white woman
>>attend a black music concert
>>get raped

White woman here, can confirm this has never happened. The closest I've ever felt to violated at a concert was after stage diving. I kind of expected it but didn't really think some people would be so blatant about their thirst desu.

so is a new Kraftwerk album gonna be released or what

But there's literally nothing wrong with groping someone crowdsurfing

she was literally shaking her fat jungle ass in their faces

if white people can't do whatever they want, whenever they want, its white genocide.

I don't blame you for thinking that since it's likely the closest you'll get to intimacy.

>be normal dude, average music fan
>go on pitchfork
>"today I hope to read some good reviews"
>no
>it's not a music review
>it's an article
>it's an article about someone saying something is racist
>but
>but it doesn't seem like something racist actually happened
>no
>*triggered*
>"Sup Forums must hear about this"
>post article on Sup Forums five times

B T F O
T
F
O

i'm 6'8". i wonder if someone tells me to sit down at a concert they're actually being racist towards me

>>go on pitchfork
>>"today I hope to read some good reviews"

If you unironically go to p4k in 2016 you deserve to be a triggered white male.

That sounds like something out of Monty Python sketch.

holy shit

I don't get it? This whole incident sounds like it was the result of a group of shitty people. You can assume racism or you can not.

wtf I hate black people now

KEK

fucking kill yourself you shitposting piece of trash

You're welcome.

Headline:
Solange Knowles calls for a return to segregation.

Whites ok with this.

More at 10:00.

I wish those threads about the ethics of copping a feel when a girl stage dives were still common just so I could spam this

The fuck does this have to do with race? Them being grouchy old twats probably had more to do with it than her being black. I've seen annoying old bats complain about people being too "rowdy" at sports events.

the same thing pretty much happened to my mother at a village people concert

...damn

>be white woman
>>attend a black music concert
>>get raped

Calling bullshit despite trips

You are an idiot for not knowing in 2016 all rap concerts are filled with white girls and guys.

an artist whose listeners are predominantly black?

My two cents. I don't dance at concerts and never would. If someone in front of me stood up at a ***concert*** to dance, why would I get bent out of shape. It's a fucking concert and they're having a good time. Just fucking stand up and watch the concert, lard ass. It isn't a big deal.

old one 404'd, and i hope the same fate befalls this one

In all realness though. It is no secret that Kraftwerk concerts are notorious for their white supremacist fan base. There are radical right forums that call out to "white brothers" to visit their shows to support them.

racism doesn't exist because this one time a rich black person called something racist when it probably wasn't

RIP

Another waste of trips
For the most part rap fans are white girls.
You must be older and out of touch.
You don't honestly believe they are learning to twerk for white guys...do you?
Haha

>whatever private, safe spaces solange advocates are the same as legal, institutional segregation

i see the subconscious connection between rap music and black people has been made

this nigga got Harambe'd

>a white person can tell me racism is dead

How the fuck would you know

I'm sorry. I don't speak Liberal. It just sounds like gibberish to my rational, pragmatic psychological makeup. But thanks for trying to communicate. I'm sure whatever it was you were trying to convey was important to you.

holy fucking shit dude

>missed really obvious sarcasm
>attempts to discredit me because I'm white
>includes a pic referencing miscegenation designed to trigger me

I don't fall for alt-right b8

>Then, according to Solange, they threw a lime at her
wew

>miscegenation

do people still say this?

>music reviews on sunday
hmm...

I don't know what else to call it. These Sup Forums guys do this thing where if you're arguing with them, they'll go into character as a stereotypically ignorant black man, purposefully misread your post, attack you for being white, and post something about how they have a bigger penis than you and have sex with white women.

It's like a thing.

PROTIP: having a folder full of images designed to piss me off at interracial sex is a very white thing to do

if you can't conceptually understand a distinction voluntary private spaces and associations vs government regulated public spaces, you're psychological make-up is probably closer to 'dumb'.

Liberal this, liberal that.
I can'y stress this enough, the right bashes the left all the time but they refuse to acknowledge their country was founded one some pretty liberal views. Liberalism isn't as bad as they want it to be, Most of the bigotry I've seen has come from the right and not the left. If you try to bring up these points they just won't listen, because they have their own idea of everything, and if you go against it with facts and reason you get them spouting the "liberal" label like it's really an insult, and grasp on the definition the party had 50+ years ago.

You needed the word between in there my mexican intellectual.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

just another victim of something or another

Boy! If that isn't the Goth calling the Metal black.

>These Sup Forums guys do this thing where if you're arguing with them, they'll go into character as a stereotypically ignorant black man, purposefully misread your post, attack you for being white, and post something about how they have a bigger penis than you and have sex with white women.
>It's like a thing

>this is what a libcuck losing it looks like in 2016

I can't wait until *LITERALLY HITLER* is president.

>it's a tripfag

O W N E D
W
N
E
D

Kraftwerk concerts are safe spaces for white people. We go to things like this to GET AWAY from people like Solange. She should at the very least respect the culture if she's going to barge into our spaces.

It would be like going to a Kendrick Lamar show and demanding that people respect my square dancing moves. Kraftwerk isn't meant for Twerking, "Da Nae Nae" or whatever Urban dance she was undoubtedly doing.

how has nobody said this

>dancing to kraftwerk

honestly this is all me btw

WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

I give this bait a C-

(pretty low effort, but not utter shitposting)

if trump is president his gross right wing policies will soak up all the attention and published small scale complaining like this won't happen

and this one too btw

idk what would be worse: this being the terrible bait it looks like on the surface or this being your actual opinion

niggers

bad attempt at saving face, just go home kid ur done

60 replies
36 posters

>samefagging this hard
kys

butthurt mayo

Funny, that's the same thing your Mom said last night.

Look at this mad virgin. You got owned accept it.

A better question is why are you dancing at a Kraftwerk concert in the first place?

Probably had dick to do with racism, but rather "Dancing? At muh Techno Pop showcase? Blasphemy!".

Michael Gira would probably do the same to her if she tried to dance at Swans concert.

I'm fine with this.

>You got owned accept it.
You making fun of slavery now white boy?

>alright ladies let's have a nice evening
>i can't see the stage
>that lady is dancing and no one else is
>maybe we should stop her
>"I'm dancing at a concert"
>we can't see shit lady
>do you guys have any limes

pure racism

Daym gurl

Please, God.

really makes you think...

I think it's pretty cool that Solange Knowles likes /bloop/ stuff enough to sing over it.
youtube.com/watch?v=XMJ4_GmHJJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=DqNxdCUV9nE

Its humour

You cannot go ANYWHERE on Sup Forums and escape politics, can you? I thought Sup Forums was supposed to be the containment board for this shit.

Ouch. Someone link those burn ward numbers

the sad part is that this is probably the most viewed thread about kraftwerk this year.

When I saw this story i was like lmao it was at a fucking kraftwerk concert.

Ive seen em live before and someitmes people stand up to dance its just meh.

me i like the 2004 man machine demo recording the best.\
youtube.com/watch?v=eA_AUVlaDTc
i love all old krawrock albums and everythin

Not bait, she obviously didn't understand the culture behind Kraftwerk concerts. I know a lot of rappers sampled their music so maybe she got confused and thought she could just "whip and nae-nae" in everyone's face so I can understand where she would be confused, what pisses me off is that she expects everyone to tolerate her behavior in a space that's not meant for her.

Maybe you should cry about it.

Actually this reminds of some funny culture clash I witnessed a couple of years ago at a Manuel Gottsching Concert. Half of the crowd were enthusiasts of European Progressive Electronic Music and the rest were Black NYC Club Rats in their 40s getting pissed that no one was dancing. (apparently E2-E4 was a big hit in the negro dance clubs). One of the most awkward crowds I've been to.

I read this as a story of an inconsiderate individual who's dancing was obstructing the views of other concert attendees and was asked to stop; caring not for the needs of others she evoked the race card and flew to tumblr with her story of oppression.

most of these people have never been to a rap concert like 85 percent of the audience is white

This is what makes white people question the accusations of racism they always get. For every actual racist act, there are three "a white person called a black person out for shit manners tldr :white people are so racist you guise" articles. The internet is fucking stupid and so is this lady

Depends where and what band. Black people still love hip hop

>drake and kayne concerts
lol just shut up fag

im kinda tired of this. I go to stereogum, consequence of sound, robert christgau, mark prindle, dead end hip hop, needle drop, av club, metal injection, and yes, pitchfork for my music reviews/news. what even makes pitchfork so bad? people always bitch about them being objectively "wrong" about stuff, but honestly i just read music writing to see other peoples thoughts on the stuff i like to listen to, not to have people agree with whatever I think.

numale cuck

People don't get raped at concerts you fool, unless you're some stinking yuropoor

kek

>drake and kanye don't constitute as hiphop
wewlad

wew found me another numale cuck

Fuck I follow all of them on facebook.