Any other Northumbrians want independence?

Any other Northumbrians want independence?
I fucking HATE the south, seriously. Why should we stay under the Londinium yoke? London is a complete and utter shithole, and so is the rest of the south.

I am NORTHUMBRIAN not """"english"""", Alfred 'unifying' (dominating) us was a complete and utter mistake.

Other urls found in this thread:

anglistika.upol.cz/vikings2014/
youtube.com/watch?v=-N39KO_3gB4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shouldn't have got conquered by Danes tbqh

They just couldn't handle the banter so they sperged out and attacked us.

Are you going to dig a ditch around your Northumbria?

We could build a wall or something, or just have signs that tells southerners to fuck off.

You can join Scotland once we attain independence

Kek, good one.
We'll be taking the chunks of Scotland that are rightfully ours though.

desu I wish the Danes still owned it.

Alright pal, for that blatant threat you wont be getting any clay.

>start a game in CK2 as Northumbria
>see a thread about it
funny how it happens

Alfred saved your butts from Danish sodomy. Show some fucking respect.

>Alfred saved your butts from Danish sodomy. Show some fucking respect.
>saved
Nice revisionist history limey, Alfred conquered us in our darkest hour. Alfred the Destroyer is no king of mine.

>There used to be a kingdom where I currently live a thousand years ago
>This is a perfectly legitimate reason to secede from the modern-day country with which me and my "countrymen" share literally all of our culture
Sup Forums logic

Fuck off, if you and Scotland are leaving, Lancashire and Merseyside get to leave too. We're not sticking around with the wankers that literally waged economic war on us before the EU funding made it completely pointless.

Liverpool is considered a lost cause to all the little EDL wankers that had to hide in WHSmith the last time they marched here because 'the scousers are being too mean', and Manchester only gets regeneration if the Irish start blowing up buildings.

>coming from norgay

Rejoin the kalmar union then, ya wank

I was being sarcastic, m8

All things considered, though, I think that would actually be in our interest, if only to make sure Sweden gets its head out of its ass

The Kingdom of Jutes, aka Kent, shall rise again.

>modern-day country with which me and my "countrymen" share literally all of our culture
My culture is NORTHUMBRIAN not """english"
I share nothing with the southerners

You grew up watching the BBC, you call yourself a Brit when you go abroad, you like football, beer, curry and fish and chips, you have a favorite pub, you speak English, you drink tea and your teeth are fucked.

There's no Northumbrian identity. That happens to be, you know, a prerequisite.

>You grew up watching the BBC,
Aye, and it's lucky that I realised it's pro-London propoganda
>you call yourself a Brit when you go abroad,
I don't, I call myself a Northumbrian
>you like football, beer, curry and fish and chips, you have a favorite pub,
All of these are Northumbrian things, bastardised by southerners.
>you speak English, you drink tea and your teeth are fucked.
Old Anglo-Saxon was spoken by the Northumbrians, English is simply an evolution of that.

Language is constantly evolving, lad. Be happy that they still study old english in universities and that you have a whole nation of Danes to preserve the language group.

The only nations that in the UK that have cultural reasons for independence are Wales and Scotland

I don't mind about the language evolving, I acknowledge it and accept it.

Wales and Scotland deserve independence as much as the proud Northumbrians.

why would i respect that he showed my ancestors the door?

so do i lad, so do i

This is equilavent of 1k samis wanting the whole lapland for themselves. You're not even autonomous

Yes, yes! Split your coun... I mean fight for your freedom and independence, people of glorious Northumbria!

i'm for yorkshire independence

but i'm not really up for being "northumbrian" soz lad
we're danelaw through and through

don't get me wrong, thou's a ken set o lads, much better than t'southerners
but gots t'look after us own

>Old Anglo-Saxon spoken by the Northumbrians, English is simply an evolution of that
actually modern english (and previously middle english) evolved from an anglicised dialect of old norse

it came about through the angles and danes meshing together and finding an easy language to communicate with each other

Either way it doesn't matter, language is not what's important, cultural and national identity it.

Thanks for the history lesson though.

np

here's a legitimate study about it if you want to read more
anglistika.upol.cz/vikings2014/

Piss off mate. English, British and proud

you're either southern swine or a northerner who can't see the londinium yoke

>Be cumbrian
>Scotland, Lancashire and Northumbria become independent

Wat do

Oh yea the southerns are so bloody shit aren't they? They've been paying for our lack of an economy for the past 40 years but no fuck them. We stood together in the two bloodiest wars in history but no fuck them. We share a joint history of nearly a thousand years but no fuck them. Honestly the souths been good to the North and we'd be fucked without them. We have no right to complain. Only thing you secessionists can cry is 'bloody Thatcter'. Piss off too Ireland or the continent if you dont like living with the southerners. Sorry southern bros for cunts like this. Regionalism is for nations without a future

comparing autistic snowniggers to a real historical kingdom with millions of inhabitants

>they shovel some money into us!
>that means we should lick their boots!
Fuck off, traitor. Forcing a dependency isn't a good thing to do, it's slimy as fuck. I don't care about our 'shared history' considering the south has waged a war against us for over a millenia, a war to wipe out our identity and culture.

Southerners are literal scum of the earth, and London is the beating heart. You may be a northerner technically, but you're southern in spirit.

>our
>we
thee's not fooling anyone

southern ponce

>implying southerners have a heart
wew lad

Being grateful and not wanting to secede is different then 'licking their boots'. Being thankful that we're not living in mud huts is different then having 'dependency forced on us'. You think people from the north got bombed in their homes and died in the trenches just to see the nation split in two? Your the traitor here mate. A traitor to your countrymen and your ancestors.
From the Wirral m8o

southerners are spiteful, cold, traitorous, money obsessed and worst of all

brown

>tfw no Stalinist People's Republic of Northumbria

>scouser
no wonder yer a daftun

>Being thankful that we're not living in mud huts
Southern propoganda at it's worst. You think we lived in mud huts before Alfred the Destroyer conquered us while we were vulnerable? Of course not.

My ancestors who died in the war for the """english""" nation were deluded, or traitors. I have no shame in saying that, we must revive northern identity so the bile you are spewing cannot hold sway anymore.

>Edgy much? Cornwell's books messes with you, m8.

The caliphate of London wishes you disgusting and impoverished Northerners would be quiet. You're disrupting afternoon prayer.

Mashallah

-Sadiq

>You can join Scotland once we attain independence
Go back to Ireland Sheamus.

kek

What about the south that isn't part of london? I grow up in a small white town surrounded by other white towns, london was physically close but culturaly very far away. Please direct your hate to the city and not all of us, nothing is worse then being labelled the same as the cancer that is london

Ignore flag

>Alfred the destroyer
Fuck me your thick. We got raided by viking for years before he united England and was actually able to defend people form their raids. Even if he were some tyrant who gives a fuck about a king from a thousand years ago
>My ancestors who died in the war for the """english""" nation were deluded, or traitors
So you care about your heriage from near enough a millennia ago but will disregard what your ancestors from the last 100 years died for?

Fuck Northumbria, Mercia independence when?

This thread is eerly similar to the kind of crap transylshits and loldovans spout and believe. Muh heritage, x destroyed my ancestors, we wuz kingz, the union was a mistake, Capital is the worst, and so on.

>Even if he were some tyrant who gives a fuck about a king from a thousand years ago
Because he was an important factor in the subjugation of my people.
>So you care about your heriage from near enough a millennia ago but will disregard what your ancestors from the last 100 years died for?
I do care about what my ancestors died for, either 1000 or 100 years ago. I just don't care for those that died for the """english nation""" which was subjugating us.

Danes never fully conquered Northumbria.

Trans people deserve to use the pronouns they choose

Transylvanians aren't educated enough to know what pronouns are so they don't get to.

How exactly is England subjugating you? Most of us want to be a part of it so its not like we're being forced to stay

While in general I'm quite friendly to separatists movements, let's be frank: you ain't going far trying to resurrect a Dark Ages kingdom.
(Also, ugly borders.)

Actually, Sup Forums logic is more like
>we could be living in small, sane and more democratic countries
>LET'S PREACH BLOBBING AND "STRONG STATES"!

>Most of us want to be a part of it so its not like we're being forced to stay
Because of propoganda. They deny us our sovereignty and attempt to crush our culture. They use propoganda and lies to delude northerners and to hide their great heritage.

yorkshire abased.

youtube.com/watch?v=-N39KO_3gB4

>Propaganda
Such as?
>attempt to crush our culture
Examples
>They deny us our sovereignty
This would be true if a majority of us wanted to leave. Which we dont (BUT MUH PROPAGANDA)

if the north declares independence, then who will pay all of your welfare?