Do they ever talk in between songs at shows?

Ive seen live videos but I never saw them talk to the audience, do they do that and are there any videos?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2dWE9GbydEU
youtube.com/watch?v=rASISwur9gs&t=1m37s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

in columbus he said
"im not doing the burglars"
and then carried on with the set

who?

at my show avey talked for like 20 seconds. that was it

what did he say?

Jesus every time I see this picture I cringe. Would they be more popular if they were more attractive?

I saw them at Manchester where they had about 2 minutes of awkward banter with the audience then proceeded to play a shit set

Wasn't fun

About how he was getting concerned over panda bears increasingly outspoken white race superiority outlooks.

>implying

Its the only picture where panda is laughing so
I use it

I've listened to their live albums and a bootleg or two and in general it seems like they will only talk once or twice besides at the end of a show. Because they transition all their songs together there's usually not a time in-between songs for them to talk, but sometimes there will be a break in the middle of the set where they talk. Even then it will be short.

they'd be more popular if they showered regularly

To everybody who isn't a fucking loser on the internet, AnCo is a one hit wonder you sperg

Not really. Their biggest hit is only marginally more popular than their discography as a whole. Odds are if you like my girls you will dig deeper into their discog.

Geologist is just retard with flashlight on head

>panda bears increasingly outspoken white race superiority outlooks
wait what

>AnCo
>Not arguably one of the top ten musical acts of the 2000s

It's best not to know, it really ruined their music for me.

Lmao newfags don't know

Tell me.

Just google it mate you probably won't like him anymore but I try to separate that from the music

Geo spoke between the set once to call me a faggot for wearing a Grimes shirt to the show

Nah they're pretty quiet. Avey will occasionally be like "hey guys thanks for coming out" but that's it. And they made us wait a long as time before coming on, only other act I had to wait nearly as long for was Death Grips

there's a meme that he's a white supremacist which was made because he never talks that much about his personal beliefs and remains chill at all times

>Panda Bear (Noah Lennox) was described by some friends and colleagues as racist. His friend Danny Fields, the American journalist who helped him sign to Paw Tracks Records, described him as "Nazi-esque", saying: "Every once in a while there'd be something about Jews and I'd be, 'But Panda, I'm Jewish,' and he was like 'Yes, yes, I don't mean you.' He had a definite Nordic Aryan streak, [the belief] that he was physically, spiritually and creatively superior", a view he appears to have continued to maintain throughout his later years. According to Fields, Panda once attacked a mixed-race woman in a restaurant with a smashed wineglass, saying "I hate black people".

Timestamp with shirt.

Ironically, its a meme to say it's a meme. There was some webm that surfaced with a 20sec~ clip of panda going off at some interracial couple at some show. Requesting user that had it to post it

wait what where?

They pretty much carried the 2000's musically and aesthetically. Their last two albums on the other hand just sound like what Animal Collective sound like to people who hate them, except they're accurate depictions of that, and with no real purpose. They don't feel like they're leading you anywhere or showing you anything new. With Centipede Hz, there was at least a hope that the next album would make it make sense, but Painting With just showed it to be a meaningless misstep. Trouble is if they keep making music then people like you who hate them will be proven right and their fans will start to sound like a weird subset of people, but in the 2000's they were actually pretty phenomenal.

Shit. He'll change. r-r-right guys?

Didnt he have a black man in one of his music videos? And he sat next to Geo while he basically said "vote democrat"

Stop falling for meta memes you pleb

please don't fall for this, google it

Panda is a good boy.

damn nice avant meme

Just accept your favorite artist is a retarded neo nazi. Stop trying to hide it from newfriends you retard

HES NOT A RACIST I HAVE PROOF

youtube.com/watch?v=2dWE9GbydEU

I'm black and saw Panda Bear live. Afterwards I got a chance to speak with him and he was a really pleasant guy, chill beyond words. Kind of like a Mac aura but with a sense of purpose and direction in life added in. When we finished talking and he said he had to go he shook my hand and said
>"Some of you guys are alright, don't go to KFC tomorrow."

i saw them dc and they talked about how they were glad to be back home

also geo is more attractive than panda in person which is fucking weird

>Lol the're really going to think I'm not making it up now.
Also,
>Ironically, its a meme to say it's a meme.
You're one of those people that overuses the word "ironically."
It's just that he seems like such a chill, mellow guy it would be funny if he had some insane radical views.

interesting

avey

avey was the one talking when I seen them. he basically just told about all the weird events that happened to them in the city. deak and panda made a few quick comments but thats about all

Ok, he seems the least shy of the group so I was assuming that

did you seriously download the same shitty thumbnail sized picture 18 times?

>implying this tour hasn't been great

It literally is a meme. Someone took a nico copypasta and put the name "Noah Lennox" in instead. That's all it is. It's a stupid meme at that

no I have a bunch of pictures titled (download) and that was the 17th one

this is a copypasta you dingus. The original text was about Nico

I saw them in June and it was awful.

>There was some webm that surfaced with a 20sec~ clip of panda going off at some interracial couple at some show. Requesting user that had it to post it

Nice meta-memeing son

why?

Geo works in wildlife conservation and there's an interview where they shit on Bush.

They're clearly liberal and Panda being racist is clearly a meme that idiots fall for. Panda is a huge hip hop fan for fucks sake

yea true, him loving wu tang makes me really want to see what it would be like if he broke his chill and just got angry at someone

Panda is my favorite musician, and I'm full on traditionalist/monarchist, so this whole meme is always a favorite of mine.

the funny thing is it's entirely true about nico, because she was a kid during the nazi regime, and the "fields" character is lou reed

yeah that really shocked me when I first got in to them

>them
?

velvet underground

ah yeah

Is there any footage like that exists?

youtube.com/watch?v=rASISwur9gs&t=1m37s

closest i've ever seen

what part?

Is this the interview where Avey says he was thinking about Noah while writing Flesh Canoe and Noah gets all weirder out cause he didn't know?

1:37

timestamp must not work for some reason

i don't think so? i think that was later, i never watched the interview, only read a transcript, so i can't say for sure

He didn't look angry tho he just looked really confused

WHAT MAKES HIM ANGRY?

like i said, it's the closest i've seen. he has furrowed brows, that's about the best you're gonna get. he's a pure boy.

He's too depressed to care about anything enough to get angry.

Yeah he's a cool guy
But like said I'm actually genuinely concerned about him being depressed, someone should like message him and give him support or something idk

He's married to a super model designer and has two(?) kids, but I'm pretty sure he's depressed man. He looks worse every year. I feel like he's kinda talked about it before in some interview but maybe not.

That's really sad man

I think you guys are using the word "depressed" a little too loosely here. If he was actually depressed, he wouldn't be making music or touring or going anywhere.

I'm sure he's fine, he's just an aloof, awkward dude. I've never seen a single interview of the guy from any year where he isn't like this.

You can be depressed and still be functional...

Any interviews where he talks about depression?

Not really. One of the most common symptoms of clinical depression is literally apathy. Not caring or feeling.

Maybe he's a little sad or downcast or something, but like I said, he's always been like this. I find it extremely unlikely that he's been battling depression for a decade and a half while touring, making music, and starting a family.

If he hasn't talked about it in an interview than we shouldn't be invading his personal space, it's rude and almost creepy, but if he has talked about it it should be open for discussion a little bit

I saw them in the winter and it was great plus their two live albums are too

There's speculation around the song Take Pills, but that's it

Ohh, jeesh yeah I see

Are they really good live? Is it like swans tier effectiveness

I have seen them one time. It was a fun show but not the highlight of the festival, even if they are my favorite band. I am going to see them November 4th though. I've heard Painting With is awesome live, from people who didn't even like the album. So I expect good things.

I've heard many bootlegs and usually avey speaks a line or two towards the end of the set like "we have a couple more for you, thanks for coming out". Usually nothing else. On rare occasions I've heard panda (or maybe someone else) say something quickly. At the show I went to my self it was what I described before.

Didn't Avey get over depression as well? With Down there being about his sadness over getting in divorce

It depends on how severe your depression is, there are different levels.

I mean, we're free to talk about it but I guess you're right. I don't really care if he's depressed or not he makes great tunes. Hope he's okay though.

Avey probably had depression for a bit during that time but got out of it. I think it was more than just the divorce though...I think it was around the time his grandmother passed away, Panda moved halfway across the world, he left NYC for Baltimore again (I think he lived in Baltimore for a couple years before moving to LA where he is now) and a bunch of other things. I saw him and spoke to him after his show in 2011 at U Street Music Hall. He seems like a really timid, shy kind of person but he's really down to earth and soft spoken.

Are you telling me that these are good looking men?

I genuinely do care about Pandas depression, because like you said he is relatable and down to earth and he's a great musician, it kinda hurts to see him show signs of sadness or depression, because I have a lot of respect for him as a musician with Animal Collective and his solo work, and also if Avey's doing good now good for him, would hate to see him depressed as well

>implying

Ill never understand why MPP is considered Sup Forumscore when all their work prior to it is so much better.

I saw them in Chicago this Feb and Avey talked to the crowed once just saying thanks for coming out and he also said thanked RatKing for opening

I'll never understand why people dislike painting with even for its flaws

I saw Swans in June, and Swans was probably the better show, but AnCo was great too, and what said.

Whether or not you like PW, it's great live. Check out Live at the Ritz to see

Painting With is a great album, at least an 8/10. People who bitch and moan because it's not "dynamic" or "atmospheric" or "droney" or "ambient" enough can fuck off. Clearly they weren't going for that.

>I don't mean you
What a weak skinned peasant. I openly josh my Jew friends about being lizard people.

Yeah, and they still have creativity and I they're still experimenting, even a decade after they formed, which is really impressive. I'm also pretty sure they said in a Reddit AMA that they would do more Droney/Wall or sound type stuff. I honestly can't wait to hear what they have next, I just hope they don't keep doing the hocketing, it was kind of a one album idea

Wall of sound*

I was just thinking about whether they would keep doing vocal hocketing the other day. It's actually not a one album thing, it appears twice on PBMTGR. I think once they find a technique or sound they like, they generally tend to use it a while, or in some cases forever. What hocketing reminded me of was how MPP was inspired by Person Pitch in that the entire album basically only features samplers as an instrument. It started with Panda solo and we got MPP and FBK out of it, but actually after that they went back to their SJ style. So who knows really. I suspect hocketing will pop up now and then.

To continue that tangent a bit though, whatever direction they go musically from here will be an interesting one. PW while it didn't have Deak didn't go back to the entirely sample based style, they actually play some of the synth parts live instead of just hitting the play button. More vocals from Geo suggest that we might see more of that soon.

I'm pretty excited for what's next but I think 2017 will be a quiet year for them. They toured all this year and we got solo records in 2014, 2015 and 2016. I think one possibility is that there is a quick turn around and they do another album around 2018. Deak says he's already working on new shit so I think he'll probably be on the next AC album.