Post your favourite albums ever, others guess your personality

>Post your favourite albums ever, others guess your personality
Here's mine

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AyEc8KAB_Mo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If I knew you in real life, we'd be absolute best friends.

>dirty projectors
>big star
lov u! u are sweet and non-judgemental

Hope this is good.

Let's meet (I really hope you're a girl)

You have great tastes. I should expand mine to a 5x5. I'd rec some Jay Z.

You are probably 30 and you really like turntables
Patrician kind of

Two worst records on the chart. I hate both of you now. Wtf.

newfag

reddit-tier

Expanded to a 5X5 Hope it's good.

Good tastes, senpai.

Not sure why "kind of" but I'll take what I can get

YIKES

You have weird tastes user, I'd say you're a jock that secretly listens to "weird" music

>more than one album of the same artists
Pretty entry-level, but
>Colour the Small One
You're all right with me

I have more weird tastes if you're interested.

Also I'm not a jock. Don't like sports.

BITTE ORCA ORCA BITTE

Thanks. It's my favorite sia album. I would have had the list more varied (J Cole, OutKast, etc), but I just prefered the other albums. (I ALMOST put Glass Houses instead of MM FOOD)

why do you hate sports, m8?

Hate is a strong word. My bad. I just never really had an interest in it. I've always been more music-oriented. I have a vinyl collection with like...200 something vinyls (and if I were counting them in my list the 5X5 would be more varied)

-Not the right Radiohead
-Not the right Bowie
-MBV
+Madvillainy
Reconsider your existance.

Buddy. NO Bowie is the wrong Bowie.

Except for Never Let me Down. That is a very. Very. VERY wrong Bowie.

>-MBV
>+Madvillainy

I cringed

Yeah, David Bowie is one of those artists that I can't really pick a favorite album from him. If S2S wasn't on there, it would probably be Heroes.

Honestly I was just fucking around. Hunky Dory is based for me personally, but he has a fucking god tier discography.

Probably doesn't take himself as seriously as he'd like to
Fun to hang out with, perhaps a bit too into substance abuse
Likes physical media, good sense of humour
GSYBE seems real out of place there, doesn't care that he mainly listens to hip hop, honestly thinks it's the best genre of music (not puttin ya down for that)
I've got no idea what any of that stuff is apart from groove armada, but you would probably be nice to me anyway
Pretty chill I'd imagine, even though I think you're probably like 17. Probably pretty open to new music

Me
Yep and yep.

I feel you bro, but being music-oriented doesn't mean you can try it out some sport. If you find the right one for you you'll sure will love to improve and will certainly make some good friends.

I've never done drugs in my life

Well you have good tastes then!

wait fuck not that one
This one

normie
normie
nirmie
normie who thinks hes not a normie
normie
normie
smokes pot and talks about the feelings of the normie
this is ok

What would actually make the chart fluctuates pretty frequently, but Lincoln, Demon Days, Join Us, and Take Me To Your Leader are all pretty solidly up there.

I did bowling for a while. It was pretty fun

You're not wrong about me

>King Geedorah
>Gorillaz
>TMBG

Holy shit dude your taste is good.

Make a bigger one, and only one album a band.
Dat plastic beach is bold tho

I'm actually 21. I know these are pretty "entry-level" but I just really enjoy them more than anything despite having heard a ton of other more obscure albums

Too lazy to make a chart
>John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
>Velvet Underground & Nico - S/T
>Comus - First Utterance
>John Fahey - Fare Forward Voyagers
>Robert Wyatt - Rock Bottom
>Slint - Spiderland
>Swans - Soundtracks for the Blind
>Sun Kil Moon - Ghosts of the Great Highway
>Munly & the Lee Lewis Harlots - S/T
>Julien Baker - Sprained Ankle

Albert Camus - The Stranger
Marlon James - A Brief History of Seven Killings
Josef Skvorecky - The Engineer of Human Souls
Octavio Paz - Poetry

I don't know if I could. I could with singles easily, but albums are tricky.

I listen to a huge mix of music, but when I listen to albums, it's much more deliberate, so I listen to one artists's albums at a time, and go through all of them. I just finished Heart, and I'm about to start on Fleetwood Mac, then I'm tackling Kanye. But that means I'm fairly slow to actually listen to albums, and there are a lot of artists who I really love, who's albums I'm not familiar enough with to feel comfortable putting on said chart.

As for Plastic Beach, yeah, what can I say, I really like it. I like the general aesthetic and atmosphere of it the most out of the Gorillaz albums, To Binge and Some Kind of Nature are in my top 3 Gorillaz songs, it works for me. G-Sides also almost made the cut actually.

They're all good man, I'm a big fan of like 5 of them, people here just seem to get started really early, hence why I thought you might be a bit younger..

Hows this?

Okay, take out Lincoln(I recognize it as superior to Join Us but I personally prefer Join Us and find it's brand of depression more relatable) and Plastic Beach, probably bring in Grand Illusion by Styx, and honestly, the Boy Named Charlie Brown soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=AyEc8KAB_Mo

This is easily the best bonus track I've ever heard.

Thanks for the rec man, I don't go too much for poetry, but I'm always looking for poetry that suits me

>Kudos for Julia Holter
>Never seen or heard about that Rush record
Everything else is too "normie teen circa. 2006", so I'd say you're a good 17-18 year old guy that goes to school and has a normal life and is trying to get a girlfriend but can't, or maybe you can, I don't know

rhinestone eyes my dude

not that far off
you should check out the rush album, its great

finds it difficult to make decisions

good friend, doesn't take things too seriously

ive listened to all the essentials already, so please dont tell me to get better taste

ahem

damn dude almost perfect taste that chart is fire

I'd tap u
hope you're gay.

really good taste wow

Any recs for me?

I'm

A LOT more Billy Joel (Some of his 80s stuff) if you haven't listened to it already

David Bowie - Space Oddity

I too, like female vocals. Good taste.

Krautrock and Elvis Costello

water any of these besides the neon indian one

Sure. If you like the calmer songs on Tallahassee, and maybe don't want to hate everyone in the song, Norah Jones - Come away. Chill as fuck.
If you like the more uptempo songs, and because Violent Femmes, The Fratellis - Costello Music. Pop trash done god-tier

Give me some recs! They don't have to be similar to what's on my chart, but if they are, awesome!

Yeah I'm a big fan of both Billy and David, thanks though man
Any Krautrock in particular? I've got a compilation and one album each by Can and Kraftwerk, but I'd be keen for more
I will check out the Fratellis thanks dude, I like Norah Jones enough, but I don't think I'd ever really put on one of her albums. Cheers!

posting mine before reading through the rest of the thread and posting agin

Russian Circles for the heavy
Misfits - Static Age because it's fucking fantastic

My friend likes some music like, and he also likes Baroness, Red Fang and Ghost, so try those

>Diamond Dogs

A++++ Excellent taste based on that alone

Feel free to rate mine.

I don't listen to a whole lot of metal but Purple by Baroness and Hammerheart by Bathory are both pretty good.

Anyone else who couldn't possibly pick their favorite albums like this?

I'm not trying to be all
>Hurr I listen to so much music

But the idea of trying to pick favorites freaks me out

Music:
Linda Perhacs - Parallelogram
Joni Mitchell - The Hissing of Summer Lawns
Waxahatchee - American Weekend
Told Slant - Going By
Woven Hand - Blush Music
Books:
William H Gass - In the Heart of the Heart of the Country
Vladimir Nabokov - Lolita
Aeschylus - Oresteia
Roberto Bolano - 2666
William Faulkner - The Sound and the Fury
Film:
Hiroshi Teshigahara - Woman in the Dunes
Andrei Tarkovsky - The Mirror
Terrance Malick - The Thin Red Line
Shinji Aoyama - Eureka
War & Peace (2016 BBC Mini-series)

I'm

m8

Just try to list some musicians you really like instead.

This would be a bit easier because I could throw a bunch of albums up there but having to pick a top 10ish gives me anxiety

I completely understand you but all people are different and some of us are a little anal when it comes to listing our favourites. I for one always feel bonded to certain albums almost as if I grew with them and they were part of me, so, as a way to honour them, I put them in lists or charts. It's also kinda cool to see all your favourite albums in one picture.

Still trying to figure life out

Intelligent, anxious, but generous

Not interested in appearing 'cool' by modern standards

You don't have to put them in order. Just look for stuff you like that you feel represents your tastes.

Still this guy

If you're smart you can probably easily figure out every post I've made in this thread.

scrawny average looking dude that somehow fucks really hot women because woody allen let that be a thing

it's cool that your favorite bowie albums aren't the typical picks

listened of favorites based on hype from Sup Forums which isn't a bad thing. as long as you get a hold of music you like is all that matters.

all fantastic albums but doesn't really find out about anything until it's already acclaimed. never first to the party

depressed but i'm only guessing this cause i like all those albums and i have had multiple points in my life where I was suicidal

favors albums based on emotional attachments rather than objective factors. totally legit

Already love Russian Circles, Baroness, Red Fang, and Ghost!

Somehow never really got into punk, but maybe that'll change - I'm liking the Misfits!

Baroness and Bathory and both fucking amazing :)

i did my dude

None of them are. Hell I'm surprised I didn't pick more Bowie albums. I posted the small one before making my 5X5

I'm this one

Kinda, but I can find my own stuff.

Shit sorry, it's hard to tell who's who here. (I'm just talkative as hell)

Are you guys just using paint or is there a site for this?

Topsters.net

I used paint. No matter which way you do this, it's going to take you at least 35 minutes...

i used topsters it took me like 2 mins d00d

Glad you like it, The Misfits are the only punk band I've been able to get that same friend into. I think maybe because there's a big crossover in the aggression of both of them..

Yep, paint, it's real hard to make sure everything lines up perfectly.

Yeah but I'm really really dumb

Thanks man, there's a couple of things in that list that I already like, so I'm guessing I'll find some more!

well i still love you

You want to travel around the world, but you always stay at home

use the first ten i guess

you eat one meal a day

you are still in HS and secretly think yr too cool for your friends

you just recently got into classic rock

reported

you are 20 and you drink a ton

pretty likable and laid back dude but secretly insanely neurotic and anxious

unironically depressed, into the occult
gnarly as hell
single virgin etc
(no judging)

ye [spoiler]except i'm 21[/spoiler]

i'll guess
you're friends with people in punk bands

This is my first reply, I have not opinion here so I will put this here and left

>guess your personality
>half of these are just rating taste
why is this so hard

>thinking people give a shit what the OP actually said
Ma nigga, how long you been here?

Too long, and yet, not long enough to take the hint

multi-love is trash