China

>China

Other urls found in this thread:

m.greenpeace.org/eastasia/high/press/releases/climate-energy/2016/As-eastern-Chinas-air-quality-improves-rapidly-69-cities-in-central-and-western-China-see-air-quality-deteriorating--Greenpeace/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

theyre scum what theyre doing to the world
id love for them to all disappear. weebs make me feel physically sick

Someone's jelly.

>tfw Trump says that the Paris deal can get fucked
>tfw CHYNA is going to become the world's leader in green energy
like pottery

are china even doing anything to combat this?
they are doing far worse damage than the US

yes mate im so jelly im not a nip wearing a mask to work every day

Not really. They like to talk about it but their CO2 emissions continue to increase rapidly

it's sand

That can't be right. Jackie Chan told me there was no smog!

>tfw China emits more than the US and EU combined

DiCaprio should have made his shitty climate change documentary in Mandarin

>are china even doing anything to combat this?
No. People keep talking about them producing something like 80% of the world's solar cells, but all of that is going to survivalists and green cunts in NA and Europe

We're probably going to be converting everything to CNG so that we can use shale gas, so that will help with some of ours.

theyre destroying the world by themselves and they have the fucking audacity to pressure trump into maintaining procedures

china is a cancer upon this earth, they should be sorting out their own fucking problems before they point fingers. until then chinks will continue to die due to pollution, still not enough in compensation

china has more people than usa and eu

someone's jelly

>are china even doing anything to combat this?
They will probably commit suicide by pollution soon.

Not more than twice as many.

commit suicide in their most favorable moment? i don't think so

Trump can't really do anything by himself anyway. He needs the House as well as the Senate to work with him if he really wants to amp up coal production.

Plus Obama's already committed 5% of energy production to construction of renewable energy farms which won't be finished until 2025.

So? They're emitting more greenhouse gases so the burden is on them to reduce to our levels first.

>theyre destroying the world by themselves
We're contributing to it too, I'm not going to deny it. I'm just not sure that I want to dismantle most of our industry over the course of 2 decades rather than investing in nuclear or something.

>He needs the House as well as the Senate to work with him if he really wants to amp up coal production.
The Republicans have control of both, I wouldn't be surprised if he pushed it through.

We've managed to reduce a lot of the effect that coal has on the environment but we really need to invest in recycling efforts rather than extraction. So much goes to waste that can be reused.

How will they use those solar cells when they can't see the sun from all that smog?

Again, per capita is misleading since China has a larger population than any western nation.

They are the biggest CO2 emitters, they need to take the first step and change their lifestyles.

The countryside is relatively free of smog. Solar is a meme anyway, it's never going to be viable when it's 200$/MWh

Ah yes

China pumps pollutants to hk everyday
thanks china!

不客气

Nuclear is the only viable green energy solution, but the anti-nuclear lobby in the US and the EU especially are vehemently opposed to nuclear energy, due to a lack of education.

That's not how it works.

You know that HK did the same towards the mainland for 50 years?

Stay butthurt and cucked though.

Are you a mainlander?

m.greenpeace.org/eastasia/high/press/releases/climate-energy/2016/As-eastern-Chinas-air-quality-improves-rapidly-69-cities-in-central-and-western-China-see-air-quality-deteriorating--Greenpeace/

>The average PM2.5 concentration for the 362 cities recorded in the first quarter of 2016 was 60.7ug/m3, a fall of 8.8% compared to the first quarter of 2015. Beijing and Shanghai saw average concentration fall by 27% and 12% respectively.

No, there are fairly good reasons for not trusting nuclear energy.
Look at Japan.

Then there's the whole deal with nuclear waste. That shit lasts 20 thousand years and the best we can do is put it in concrete barrels and bury it.

The true solution is thorium reactors or fusion reactors. Both of which need to be further explored.

Does that change the facts?

No, just curious.

>No, there are fairly good reasons for not trusting nuclear energy.
>Look at Japan.
Japan's issues are not a reflection on nuclear energy as much as a reflection of their corporate culture. TEPCO violated numerous regulations and safety guidelines, and never responded to investigations of their safety violations. Their response and cleanup effort also broke numerous safety guidelines.
>That shit lasts 20 thousand years and the best we can do is put it in concrete barrels and bury it.
This is incorrect. You can recycle nuclear waste. This is what France does. There are many options to dispose of nuclear waste but none are investigated to any depth because the political system governing these actions is corrupt and panders to idiots.
>The true solution is thorium reactors or fusion reactors. Both of which need to be further explored.
Which won't happen because the anti-nuclear lobby petitions against building new nuclear reactors.