It's so good

Is Clipping saving hip hip.

Other urls found in this thread:

clppng.bandcamp.com/track/tonight-feat-gangsta-boo
youtube.com/watch?v=PUR_ChqUJbc
mega.nz/#!WtVymZjC!NaU1Hdhts0bcL-POL6ES5ovsxqRk43IqlQBWT-iRwG8
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How can I be expected to listen to them again after this chorus?

clppng.bandcamp.com/track/tonight-feat-gangsta-boo

not a rhetorical question

every album has a weak spot but really, wew.

It's a fucking tune. The whole song is great apart from barbies verse. Is the new album worth checking out, I preferred the debut to CLPPNG.

Not at all, really.

21 Savage is.

I only like 3 songs on the album

85% of the album is fucking interlude filler

>barbies verse

Boo was in fucking three 6 and will always have way more cred than clipping ever will. Her verse is the only redeeming thing.

genuine hip hop listeners don't listen to clipping

not that I heard that song, but Boo will always be much better then Clipping.

This album is HORRENDOUS. The closer track and a lot of these pointless interludes are some of the worst songs Clipping have ever put out.

I am so bummed by this album, and I have loved every Clipping project up until this point including Wriggle and the debut EP.

>listens to notm once

If being a "genuine" hip hop fan means having the exact same opinion as every other "genuine" hip hop fan then I'd rather just not

dad rock

the album is fucking amazing, and no, clipping wobt save hip hop, like most genres, there will be good and bad, and clipping is some of the best. also just listened to blond. it aint shit compared to it

I legit don't know what I think about it yet. Not even gonna shitpost. Unusual.

Not that guy but
>Illmatic is overrated
>Ready To Die ruined for the better part of a decade
>Kanye is a hack

>Ready To Die ruined for the better part of a decade
what are you even implying

The album is absolutely amazing. My AOTY so far. No it won't save Hip Hop, I wouldn't even necessarily describe it as Hip Hop, although it obviously is.

An album is more than just a collection of songs. Tracklist critical theory is legit the most superficial and stupidest way to judge an album. What if the tracklist was arranged differently so that the interludes were included in their respective previous tracks, but the musical aspect remained completely unchanged? It was created as a cohesive piece of work and should therefore be treated as such, else you're not less retarded than the folks over at pitchfork.
That being said, the interludes are great and atmospheric as fuck you literal plebs.

I agree that Illmatic is overrated, disagree with the Kanye part though.

>Tracklist critical theory is legit the most superficial and stupidest way to judge an album.

>album structure shouldn't matter in the enjoyment of albums
You said it yourself, an album is more than just a collection of songs

I'm honestly baffled by your post, you have like 3 different points that all contradict each other

Also not them but this album is shit

jump into a plane turbine

Yes album structure can contribute to the enjoyment of music. But judging an Interlude like a standalone song only because it is a track is retarded.
Still the interludes are great

Albums can be considered one long piece and interludes are a part of that one long piece

If the interludes are shitty and pointless then they take away from the enjoyment of the piece

Criticism of interludes is completely justified

Yes of course. But awareness that an interlude is not a song is required for that. They are marked as interludes for a reason. All Black can't be criticized in the same way as Interlude 02 (Numbers) can.

It's still a part of the music. You're basing it merely off of the fact it's titled as an "interlude", when in reality they're still sounds that can be judged

Yeah you can say its "not a song" but there can still be good interludes that add to the experience of an album just as well as there can be bad interludes that take away from the experience of an album

Of course you can argue that the interludes don't hold as much weight as the songs so if they're shitty it doesn't matter as much, but it still does matter and still affects the enjoyability of an album

For example if an album has an interlude or song that I don't enjoy and skip every time, then my feelings for the album as a whole are shifted negatively. As you said (assuming you're user from earlier) "It was created as a cohesive piece of work and should therefore be treated as such", so why leave out the interludes that the artist intended to be in the album and be judged?

It's good but their mixtape and self-titled album are much stronger.

only bad part is the hook

are there any black people who actually like clppng?

Danny will save hip hop

21 savage is doing literally nothing to advance hip hop in any way shape or form.

he never said album structure is unimportant retard

DEHH

the dude who raps on it

This is true

this

this, killed me

i can't stand his voice & rapping style. Its so suburban, i can't help but picture him on stage at a poetry night somewhere whenever I hear him.

Yes I am the user from earlier. I mostly agree with you. What I'm not saying is that Interludes have the right to be shit, because they're interludes, but what I'm saying is people shouldn't have the same expectations regarding them as they have towards a proper song on the album. But again I personally really enjoy the interludes on S&M, I believe the dark ambient sounds with the uncomprehensible vocals add a lot to the overall experience of it and, especially since they're are so many interludes, they emphasize the loneliness and darkness of being lost in space with no purpose.

I'm ok with people not liking the album, but it's ridiculous when people base that solely on there being too many interludes. I mean 6 of the 15 tracks could be classified as interludes or skits — the word skit is a bit off here I think, but that's not the point — but in the end they only really take up about 6 minutes from the overall project.
My point is really that not liking the project because it's "85% interludes" is not a valid criticism, if you don't like the album because you really don't like what they're getting at or you don't like the feel of those interludes or the songs or whatever, that's okay, there will inevitably be people that don't like it.

No lol, Clipping is Reddit-rap just like Run the Jewels and Kendrick Lamar. Most of the listeners are white.

tru

I'll kill myself when this album comes out and it sucks. The singles are so promising. Buzzin to see him live in November as well.

honestly i wasnt expecting to like this album as much as i did. sure it has like 8 1 min songs, but this album to me is just so good.
and yes

Electric Brixton?

fantano gonna give this a 10 capp this

he tweeted about thinking it was boring

nah glasgow

not surprised that he's such a pleb

link? i can't find it

young thug is saving rap and there's nothing you people can do about it with your meme-hop that belongs in the trash

hipster garbage. Even Kanye and Kendrick are more 'real' than this shite

I don't think clipping. are trying to be "real"

they're beyond that "real" vs. "fake" rap shit and just want to make good music

>implying Jeffrey isn't a meme
Wew lad

I liked it, still not my favorite tho
7/10

>hipster garbage
>lists Kendrick and Kanye as better rappers
>uses "real" unironically
I'm betting you haven't heard or looked at the lyrics. Kendrick, yeah, but Kanye?

found the white apologist

when are they gonna start?

never heard of her

>Don’t move
>Get slapped

>Slide to the left like it’s lube on the floor
>What a beautiful move when you reach for the door

>Clamp that mouth shut, bounce for your boy
>Rip for your girl, scream for your life
>Beg for a minute
>Probably shoulda hollered if it was’t what you
wanted

why are their lyrics so rapey?

You're welcome

youtube.com/watch?v=PUR_ChqUJbc
first time ive ever listened to him. this song it lit. should i listen to more?

somehow even cheesier than the original

That's just the story that's being told

Saving hip hop? No.
Awesome album? It's TPAB in space, decide for yourself.

Download?

If you liked this I'd say start with either CLPPNG or wriggle. Both are made up of moee traditional songs. If you want a short, sparse existential sci-fi narrative then listen to Splendor and Misery. It's a good album but definitely not a starting point for the group.

Yes, worth a listen. The beginning half is a bit slow.

Archive you fuck

one of his musical pet peeves is short interlude tracks; no he's not

>mega.nz/#!WtVymZjC!NaU1Hdhts0bcL-POL6ES5ovsxqRk43IqlQBWT-iRwG8

Enjoy, it's from the archive. V0.